Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Best stick battery on the market, bar none. The size of a Twist, the power of a Vamo. Need two of them, one to use, the other a backup and charging. Suggest:

iTaste VV 3.0 - Variable Wattage Device - Pearl Chrome | Variable Voltage | MODS | iVAPE

Use coupon code "itastevv" for a 30% discount. I have four and love them. No more egos now. Even make excellent primaries, or backups, out and about, stealth, or whatever the purpose batts. These little jewels have variable voltage and wattage, pass-thru charging, an LED Display, +/- buttons, An Ohm meter, a puff counter, ego and 510 threading, and come in four nice colors. Simply the best stick batt in the market, imho. Good luck!

enigz

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
The Oppressive Little Dot
A word of caution though, I've had one where the charging pin broke off after 1 month of usage and this is what I had to do with it:
20130801_140125.jpg

enigz

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
A word of caution though, I've had one where the charging pin broke off after 1 month of usage and this is what I had to do with it:
View attachment 237465

I broke it apart, drilled a small hole through the side of the base, soldered a USB cable to the PCB board and finished it up with a dollop of hot glue. Looks .... ugly I know, but since its my spare battery now, I don't really care. LOL

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
The 3.0 takes a USB micro connection, the pin that broke off, wasn't that version 2?

My only issue with this device is the 800mAh battery. That won't last a full day at work for me so I will stick with my 1300mAh spinner.

Great device though, and with the discount code Bill posted, that is a great deal. I love the way iVape do their business.

enigz

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
The 3.0 takes a USB micro connection, the pin that broke off, wasn't that version 2?

My only issue with this device is the 800mAh battery. That won't last a full day at work for me so I will stick with my 1300mAh spinner.

Great device though, and with the discount code Bill posted, that is a great deal. I love the way iVape do their business.

Some sites list the product as a itaste vv v3 but the product shown is not using the micro usb passthrough. Very misleading..

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Some sites list the product as a itaste vv v3 but the product shown is not using the micro usb passthrough. Very misleading..

Totally understand, I know the 2 having the pin breaking off was a known issue and why, I believe, they changed the charging port to a micro USB. I think I can see the micro USB in the link that Bill posted from iVape - and I have checked the review from P Busardo and he states it's a micro connection - so finally, yay, Innokin do something about an issue that has been a major problem for a lot of vapers.

I feel your pain, although I like the Macgyver solution...

mise

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
BC, Canada
i thought EGO was good, cause it was more convenient. but, what is iTaste VV V3, is it a brand or something, how it works?

The iTaste is the model name, the brand is Innokin. Its has both options of VV (Variable Voltage) and VW (Variable Wattage) with an LED screen showing the power value. I prefer it over the EGO personally, but as always its a matter of preference.

enigz

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
What I was saying about sites not showing the itaste vv with the micro usb, I wasn't referring to the link that Bill posted though. Don't get me wrong. As I am from Singapore, its not convenient for me to buy stuff from the US. As such, I had to buy from sites which list misleading product names. Turns out the itaste vv v3 was really a v2. Then I discovered Fasttech (which is quite alright). But even they have tons of vivi novas with the same name but are actually different from each other. If you get what I mean...

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
What I was saying about sites not showing the itaste vv with the micro usb, I wasn't referring to the link that Bill posted though. Don't get me wrong. As I am from Singapore, its not convenient for me to buy stuff from the US. As such, I had to buy from sites which list misleading product names. Turns out the itaste vv v3 was really a v2. Then I discovered Fasttech (which is quite alright). But even they have tons of vivi novas with the same name but are actually different from each other. If you get what I mean...

Ah, now I get the reference for your location.

Fasttech is an enigma, I think part of the problem is they don't know what they are selling. At first they thought every clearo or carto was an atomizer - now I think they have someone who either vapes, or someone who at least knows what vaping is. Maybe it's ........... anyway...

I totally get where you are coming from with the vivi nova from fasttech. They list pretty much everything as a vivi nova but the actual photo is different.
It's one of my favorite delivery devices but I have never ordered any tank / clearo / carto from fasttech as they must have a crappy supplier that doesn't understand tolerances are important in manufacturing and they leak terribly. I have yet to find anyone on these forums that has had a decent experience with the vivi nova from fasttech.
Not knocking fasttech in general, I have bought from them and will continue to do so, but you have to be careful what you buy.

Again, I feel your pain sir. Just as an aside - have you discovered the 'Malay' section of the forum yet? If not - Malaysia Forum

enigz

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Hmm.. but I don't really have a choice though, fasttech delivery is fast, got my innokin SVD and Vamo v3 from there and its all good. One of the few suppliers able to pass through my country's ridiculously strict customs. As for tanks, I was thinking about trying out genesis RBA (since i like to tinker around with my stuff) and since I needed some spare tanks and coil heads for my very old vivi nova (all the ml markings faded away; that's how overused it is), I decided to order some nova v3s, coil heads and a Cobra RBA from them. They haven't arrived yet but I'll be sure to keep you updated on the quality. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread