Itaste vv4 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
Can you vape attys with an itaste vv4 with a 0.8 ohm ? It says in the phamplet that it will blink at ohms before 0.8 . Also , if so, is it a decent vape as the itaste vv4 only goes to 15 watts?

I am new to sub ohming and I do not know how many watts to put my atomizers at, especially since when i change to wattage mode, it doesnt display the voltage . I guess it just does that itself.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I don't own one but, if .8 ohms is the minimum, I can't imagine that the vape would be great at that resistance. It would also drain the battery about twice as fast as a 1.6 ohm atty. It would shorten the life of your battery considerably.

For the price of a VV4, you can buy something that will do sub ohm much better. For instance, a 30w iStick will go down to .4 ohms and the battery is more than twice the mah (milliamp hours). They are available for under $30 at some vendors.

If you want a tube shape, check out the joyetech AIO. It comes with a .6 ohm coil and it's not much bigger than the VV4.

And yes, the voltage changes when the wattage changes.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
It's actually the other way around - for pure flavour chasing, you want limited airflow MTL-style vaping and a coil that's at least 1 Ohm (or maybe 0,8 Ohm upwards).

I've recently realised that in my 3-4 years of vaping, that I'm far more of an MTL flavour-chaser than I am a sub-ohm cloudzbro type, and have been obtaining toppers that help me achieve that vape.

The best thing I recently did was buy a Taifun GT2 V2 clone for USD$12 or so which I must say is giving me the best, densest, most flavourful vape I can remember tasting with it's single 1 Ohm coil and organic cotton wick.

Anyone want to buy an SXK Wine, a UD Bellus and some Orchid v6es? :)

(Actually, I think I may just keep the Orchids because I've used them for so long, and they'll always have a special place in my collection, and the Bellus I've found is quite an interesting tank when used in single-coil mode with a suitably high resistance coil in it (1 Ohm+))

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I started out vaping on iTaste VV3s. They do offer a nice vape, but aren't really made for sub-ohms. They have a smooth output, unlike many of the other inexpensive vapes. The down side for me is that, they just didn't last very long before the battery started losing the ability to hold a charge (3-6 months). Some people seem to have had better luck than me. If you're just getting started I wouldn't worry about sub-ohms. Using a mouth to lung style inhale with a higher ohm tank (something like 1.6-2.0 ohms) is more like smoking. It's just not what's popular at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread