Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
I don't know if my symptoms are pg related or not but here they are. The roof of my mouth becomes dry and irritated towards the front just behind my teeth. My lips begin to feel like they are chapped. My tongue feels dry like sandpaper(not rough). I have these symptoms at the moment. A couple of weeks ago I had these symptoms along with a very dry mouth. I started using Biotene products and the dry mouth part is not there anymore but these others still exist.

Anything

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
sounds as if you keep the vapor mostly in your mouth and both, pg and vg, have a dehydrating effect. i would step up my water intake and see if that helps.

Thanks for the tip ! and now that you say that I do. I take big long intakes and like watching it roll out of my mouth. I've been doing cinnamon lately too, it's going to be difficult to give that up now that I have found a good one.

MuddyWaterMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Texas
WOW!!!! I am SOOO glad I found this. Thank you all so much for sharing. I have no problem with any PG/VG mixes but my wife has tried to quit analogs several times by vaping and always breaks out terribly bad. We knew it was a reaction to the PG and even ordered her some VG only from V4L, but neither her nor I could stand the aftertaste (terrabad!!!!) Does anyone have a preferred VG supplier with better or no aftertaste? Thanks again all!

arry

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
UK
No difference. I tried everything. I am beginning to think some of the flavorings are causing it, coupled with the months of inhaling PG. I've not given up though.

I'd hate to have to part with my liquids though. I have like 800 ml of bottles of PG/VG based liquids that cost me a pretty penny to gather.

I'll find the solution to the problem. Its just a minor setback.

I thought I was allergic to PG = SPOTS went to VG= SPOTS , then VG with no flavorings , now back to PG with no Flavourings , my guess is it the flavour concentrates causing the problems not wheather it PG or VG

Try it , you cant say it tastes awful as there is no taste LOL

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
i was vaping and quit smoking months ago with no problems, my fave juice was fried apples. i fell off the wagon for a while, smoking again. last few days i started vaping again, i was low on fried apples so i ordered a 30ml bottle, and i am breaking out, it is mild, but i am itchy and am getting bumps....totally sucks :(

hoping i can exchange the bottle for some good VG...we will see.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
I'm kinda getting more and more suspecious of the flavours.. I started having skin probs when a friend gave me a bottle of flavourart, directly from Italy. Same flavour I've always used, but this is much more concentrated, only need half the drops... He uses diff flavours from f'art and has skin probs, but he seems to think its the nic, and is trying to lower that..
I've now vaped 100% pg with an earlyer flavour, for a day now, gonna see if it clears up. If not I'll try 100% vg..but both without the tuttifrutti from italy.. Dammit.... love that flavour...
Been told that vg isnt good in cartos, gunks them up? Gonna be sad if I have to quit pg..

arry

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
UK
I'm kinda getting more and more suspecious of the flavours.. I started having skin probs when a friend gave me a bottle of flavourart, directly from Italy. Same flavour I've always used, but this is much more concentrated, only need half the drops... He uses diff flavours from f'art and has skin probs, but he seems to think its the nic, and is trying to lower that..
I've now vaped 100% pg with an earlyer flavour, for a day now, gonna see if it clears up. If not I'll try 100% vg..but both without the tuttifrutti from italy.. Dammit.... love that flavour...
Been told that vg isnt good in cartos, gunks them up? Gonna be sad if I have to quit pg..

All Flavours need a base to be mixed with eg PG,VG,Peg
Most if not all Flavours mix's BASE is PG , I only know of one that doesnt contain PG but even that is PEG.
So If you have a reaction to PG then switching to VG then adding 33% of flavour still makes your Juice 30% PG
Here is my findings
18mg PG+Flavour= Reaction
18mg VG+Flavour=Reaction
18mg PG+No Flavour=Reaction
18mg VG+NoFlavour= NO REACTION

My Guess is My Body Does not like PG either on its own or when used as a carrier for a flavour .
The only way to get 100% VG is to add no flavour .
Use distilled water to thin VG , some use vodka but i find after a while with vodka hat the juice turned almost to water consistancy too thin .
I use VG in Cartos no probs but some cartos seem more tightly packed than others ..

A

Last edited:

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
WOW!!!! I am SOOO glad I found this. Thank you all so much for sharing. I have no problem with any PG/VG mixes but my wife has tried to quit analogs several times by Vaping and always breaks out terribly bad. We knew it was a reaction to the PG and even ordered her some VG only from V4L, but neither her nor I could stand the aftertaste (terrabad!!!!) Does anyone have a preferred VG supplier with better or no aftertaste? Thanks again all!

Re you wife, might try some peg400 and do a DIY mix. I too am "sensitive" to certain vendors PG (&/or flavorants?) and especially PG from freedom smoke. Can tolerate that stuff for a day or so then my cheeks and lips start getting a little raw and I am bitting them. Sucks as I really like the F.Smoke stuff...:laugh:. Solution for me has been to make my own DIY mix and when I just need a "change" will add some small percent of a vendors juice.

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
I gotta keep an eye on this, didnt think I was allergic to anything, period, but seeing this thread and the leg itching ect. issues prompted me to post here. And all I had to do was read the first page (too lazy to read all 12). This way I can quickly find this thread in my history :) hope it keeps getting some kind of updates. I never thought of the leg/thigh itching being may be connected to whatever I vape (pg or vg) or vaping in general, and having an std :D has been completely ruled out. I dont even know which I vape most as I change up vendors/flavors, no data to go on there for me :(

Last edited:
Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaterMan View Post
WOW!!!! I am SOOO glad I found this. Thank you all so much for sharing. I have no problem with any PG/VG mixes but my wife has tried to quit analogs several times by Vaping and always breaks out terribly bad. We knew it was a reaction to the PG and even ordered her some VG only from V4L, but neither her nor I could stand the aftertaste (terrabad!!!!) Does anyone have a preferred VG supplier with better or no aftertaste? Thanks again all!

Re you wife, might try some peg400 and do a DIY mix. I too am "sensitive" to certain vendors PG (&/or flavorants?) and especially PG from freedom smoke. Can tolerate that stuff for a day or so then my cheeks and lips start getting a little raw and I am bitting them. Sucks as I really like the F.Smoke stuff...:laugh:. Solution for me has been to make my own DIY mix and when I just need a "change" will add some small percent of a vendors juice.

Note: I am the wife to Muddy:
I have found a few vendors that have PG free liquids and that has made a huge difference. I began on flavorless and no hives until I got a tattoo ( which contains PG in the ink) funny thing is, this was not my first. I guess peoples bodies change over time. Velvet Vapors does have a small selection of PG free. I have ordered three at 24mg strength. Menthol Ice is okay but begins to taste like the flavorless. Cinnamint is good, but I should have tried it on my CE 2 rather than the KR808. Peppermint rocks. I have been told that Vaperite has PG free in their organic section and it is supposed to be really good. They will be next on my ordering list.:banana:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

there is now some pg-free juice on the market but there are vendors who will not give info on what is in their juice exactly. so, for the time being, i'm still vaping eco-pure

All Flavours need a base to be mixed with eg PG,VG,Peg
Most if not all Flavours mix's BASE is PG , I only know of one that doesnt contain PG but even that is PEG.
So If you have a reaction to PG then switching to VG then adding 33% of flavour still makes your Juice 30% PG
Here is my findings
18mg PG+Flavour= Reaction
18mg VG+Flavour=Reaction
18mg PG+No Flavour=Reaction
18mg VG+NoFlavour= NO REACTION

My Guess is My Body Does not like PG either on its own or when used as a carrier for a flavour .
The only way to get 100% VG is to add no flavour .
Use distilled water to thin VG , some use vodka but i find after a while with vodka hat the juice turned almost to water consistancy too thin .
I use VG in Cartos no probs but some cartos seem more tightly packed than others ..

A

ecopure works well in cartos, probably thinned already at factory

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaterMan View Post

Note: I am the wife to Muddy:
I have found a few vendors that have PG free liquids and that has made a huge difference. I began on flavorless and no hives until I got a tattoo ( which contains PG in the ink) funny thing is, this was not my first. I guess peoples bodies change over time. Velvet Vapors does have a small selection of PG free. I have ordered three at 24mg strength. Menthol Ice is okay but begins to taste like the flavorless. Cinnamint is good, but I should have tried it on my CE 2 rather than the KR808. Peppermint rocks. I have been told that Vaperite has PG free in their organic section and it is supposed to be really good. They will be next on my ordering list.:banana:

pp, to multi quote
click on the quotation mark icon, furthest to right, bottom of posts, make sure green check mark appears
do this for each post you want to quote
when you get to the last one you want to quote, click on 'reply with quote'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread