Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
The following items are essential in my opinion for making DIY ejuice:

Snap Close Tool Chest With Top Compartments
Small tool chest are perfect for organizing your stash as it were for entry level mixers. You can store all of you supplys in one place and effectively lock it if you have small childen.

Fluval and Poly-fill
Fluval and Poly-fill are excellent replacement materials for the batting in the cartridge. When the old batting has been used to the point of melting but the cartridge is good, it is a cheap alternative over continuously buying new blank cartridges.

PG USP Grade
PG is the most common base that the DIY people use to mix their juices. Some people are allergic to PG and opt for using Glycerin (VG)

VG USP Grade
VG or Glycerin is used alone or in conjunction with PG. Typically the average user will use 20%; VG to 80% PG as their base. VG adds extra vapor to the juice but when used exclusively of in higher concentrations tend to diminish the flavor of the juice.

Flavorings
There are a wide array of flavor by numerous vendors, most iconic include Lorann, Cappela, Bickford, Perfumers Apprentice, Fairies Finest, Flavor Art, and Tasty Puff.

Bottles 3ml, 6ml, 10ml, 30ml, etc
Bottles are critical for mixing and housing you juices in. Most beginners will stick to the 3-10ml bottle sizes until they mix the juices they like. Then they will begin increasing the volume of the bottles as friends always want 30ml of the fantastic flavor you have there.

Glass dropper bottles
Glass is use by a lot of mixers as plastic tends to leach the into the juice giving it a off taste. The droppes also make this combination perfect for measuring out small mixes.

Glass Vials With Screw Cap
Again if you are storing your flavors of juice for a long time glass is preferred as it does not allow leeching of chemicals into the juice as plastic does. Dark color bottles are preferred when storing nicotine juice ans it shields the nicotine from light exposure ensuring a maximum life expectancy and potency.

Mixing Measuring Cup
Mixing cups that have ml mesurments on the help when it come to mixing your juices. I have measuring cups from 100ml -650ml These are handy for mixing and pouring you juice into bottles.

Tweezers
Tweezers are handy for pulling batting out of carts or yanking out stray hairs, always hany to have on hand :)

Plastic funnel
These are extremely handy when you are attempting to pour liquid into a smaller opening. These help reduce spills and saves your precious mix from inadvertently running down the side of the bottle you are pouring into.

Syringe
Syringes are very helpful when measuring precise amount of any fluid. Syringes come in 1.5ml, 3ml, 8ml, 10ml, 20ml, 30ml, and 60ml sizes. The needles that are used in conjunction with these should be “Blunt” Needles to avoid getting stuck with on. 27ga needles are good for flavoring and thin mixes. 18ga needles are best for thicked liquids such as VG.

Surgical Gloves
Rubber gloves should be wore anytime you are handling or mixing nicotine period. This protects you from accidental spills onto your hands.

Clear plastic flip-top bottle
These bottles are great for mixing and shaking up the combined liquids prior to bottle fill. They can also be used to store liquids or flavoring in slammer easier to use quantities than say a 64oz bottle.

Spoon Spatulas
These are good when you are working with dry ingredients such as ethyl maltol (EM) or menthol crystals. They aid in scooping and measuring and bottle filling.

Menthol Crystals
If you are a menthol lover then these are needed for creating menthol concentrated liquid. The liquid is a much easier way to add the right amount of menthol that can be duplicated for that perfect taste every time.

Ethyl Maltol
This is primarily used to sweeten a juice, make a tobacco or other flavor smoother with less of a harsh bite to it. It also helps some flavor “Pop”

Apron
Ever spill something on your new pants or shirt? Aprons are effective in deterring splashes to your person. They should be used when mixing.

Protective goggles
Some type of eye protection should also be employed to safeguard against the 1% accident that causes the liquid to splash into your face. It can happen!

Face mask
Would you want someone to mix your juice breathing all over it??? If this is just for you fine then don’t use one but it you make it for friends family etc don’t pass your germs on, use a mask!

Here is one of the most comprehensive DIY kits I have found, I am not employed by them nor do I advocate for them. I am merely reporting a kit that has the most items that you will need to ensure your success. It can be found here:
http://www.diyflavorshack.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3
The premium kit seems to have all of the essentials items you will need.

If you are looking for additional mixing help I recommend downloading the my excel calculator (the link is in my sig) and look on the "Additional Mixing help" sheet, it has links to a some of the items flavors, bottles, menthol crystals, EM etc.. on it.
Hope this helps.
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Gotta bump...

Safety glass are a good idea for a lot of things around the home. Might have to wear them at work but we often forget the dangerous stuff at home too. All it takes is a one in a million reaction to a drop of PGA, nic base, or other chemical to go blind or have serious eye damage.

Good call on the dust mask too. I would have never thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread