Status
Not open for further replies.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
The new setup continues to amaze, re-wick in seconds and better than new.

TH:Smooth, me like. With air hole directly under coil I imagine one could vari by raising/lowering coil, Haven't experimented yet (and might not 'cause I'm really digging as is).

FL:Spot on, me like. I DIY and know my juice. The small chamber and slightly longer mouthpiece give me a tasty vape I'm really diggin:)

VP:Off the hook. As in my original post airflow improvement is huge and VP rivals any atty I have ever used. Currently have 1 setup at 1.0 & 1 @ 1.6 and both blow clouds that even a Greek God would really dig.

Imeo, you are a Greek God. Merry Christmas.

TH smooth is very importent factor to me,this why
I prefer old center post nut on old rebuildble part.
and now we can conrol a little how high the coil will be above our hole.
thats great.

Last edited:

Otello

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Roma - Italy
www.facebook.com
Well, I just built from scratch my first V.2 Ithaka.

I wanted to build it in a way that:

- It's a Ithaka... i.e.: every Ithaka must (MUST! :D ) have one - and ONE ONLY! (This is for Stan :p) - engraved ring with wings and serial.
- It's easy to recognize from V1
- If possible, having a good technical reason to build it different from V1.

Now, I think I’ve found a very good technical reason, as one of the technical differences between V1 and V2 is the lower edge of moutpiece goes at the very bottom of the base in V2, while V1 end about 5 mm. higher.
I do not think it's a coincidence that standard Ithaka's windows is aligned with the bottom edge of V1 moutpiece, so you can see how much it's open; but with V2 the standard window is not aligned.

IthakaV1vsV2.jpg

So, I put a Rampage mods housing for Odysseus under the engraved ring; this way V2 is immediately recognizable from V1 and the clear window is at the right place.

IthakaV2.jpg

Unfortunately the smaller housing available is a litte bigger than needed; the smaller you can build it is few mm. higher than standard Ithaka Long Version (one upper part added) and you need to use the extra moutpiece for drip tip...
Hopefully Imeo or a third part will eventually build a shorter housing. :2cool:

Ciao
Marco

D Stanley Querfurth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Hannover, Germany
Well, I just built from scratch my first V.2 Ithaka.

... every Ithaka must (MUST! :D ) have one - and ONE ONLY! (This is for Stan :p) - engraved ring with wings and serial.

Marco

...and good evening to you, too !!!

My dear Marco,

as chief lego GG builder i have to give my "Quark" to your posting.
i agree a little bit, there should only be one serial to one Ithaka, but

1. i tried other Windows from modders
2: i even tried other rings wich will work and have no serial

after all that building, i came back to Imeo´s original spares, because after some Mod´s - it wasn´t a real GG anymore
sometimes it leaked and leaked, then it was to fragile because threads weren´t as good as Imeo´s, or when i managed all this it wasn´t a Golden Greek look anymore and i LOVE the GG look !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so i do what i can with imeo´s lego parts- and until Imeo decides to make a engraved tube without serial
i will have to take the originals with serial.....

greets
Stran​

cazmo

Jul 9, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
Been having that problem with dual coil's. Used 2mm and 1.5mm wick and still get burnt taste with mp wide open. Was using 32g kanthal , decided to try nichrome (can't remember which gauge, but far thinner than kanthal ) a little better, but still get burnt taste. Single coil works fine, but really wanting the dual coil setup. I'm certain it is user error and not the rebuildable part.

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
I just tried taking the o-ring off of the brass center post , and as Imeo said, it's at least 3 times airier, if not more, lol. A little adjustment to the Just GG air control, and it's a great vape as well.
I think I still prefer the draw with o-ring in place, but it's great to know that you can adjust the draw so much on it for individual preference!:)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I just tried taking the o-ring off of the brass center post , and as Imeo said, it's at least 3 times airier, if not more, lol. A little adjustment to the Just GG air control, and it's a great vape as well.
I think I still prefer the draw with o-ring in place, but it's great to know that you can adjust the draw so much on it for individual preference!:)

Did you have any leaking? I just want to make it clear that removing the o-ring can cause leaking if your coil and vaping method is not vaporizing all the liquid

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
Did you have any leaking? I just want to make it clear that removing the o-ring can cause leaking if your coil and vaping method is not vaporizing all the liquid
Nope, no leaks after one day's use, but I can see how that could happen. It's a good thing to keep in mind if doing this for sure, thank you!

Oh, and I really like the Chains of Olympus video, Bish!

Last edited:

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
Yesterday I received my brass order and also the new rebuildable part for my Ithaka. After building and upgrading my GGs with brass I dedicated myself to the rebuildable.
I was unsure if I need it because I wrap wires since iAtty came out. But as usual, as the baby was in my arms hands I was pretty amazed.

Till now I build two coils, one "traditional" Odysseus coil and one micro coil. Both with 0.30 NiCr and both at 0.8 Ohms. To make it short - I am pretty amazed by the vape, especially the microcoil! Flavor and throat hit are just right and I really love the bigger airhole. Well, I would still love to see it bigger but its going into the right direction. :)
In my opinion the airhole should be able to deliver all the air that the JGG/GGTS aircontrol is able to deliver, but I guess we are almost there.

Mounting the coil is a bit tricky, not really but as the housing surrounds the screws its more difficult than in other atomizers. Maybe the rebuildable part could be fixated so that one can take it out, fixate the coil and put it back again. Might work with some elastic strap, I will try it with the next coil.
On the other side I see that this is an interchangeable piece and thus has to fit in the available space and so its a great solution.

I had some feeding problems on my first coild but I took 3mm wick and read about that issue too late. But I though a 2nd channel like on Ithaka won't hurt... :)

Another point for the new rebuildable part is that when I build really low ohm coils (like my braided 3 strand coils) I had to double the NR wires cause they started to glow. That results in pretty large junction points which can be a bit difficult when setting up the wick - the new rebuildable solves these issues easy with its solid screw posts.

That's what I found out on my first day with the new rebuildable - I really love it! :toast:

D Stanley Querfurth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Hannover, Germany
guys, a friend send me an e-mail about burning taste on new rebuildable part even if mouthpiece is full open. The solution is very easy. Just put thinner wick on channels or/and cut wicks shorter

That is a good information ! got the same problem, even i used 2mm wick and fully opend the mouthpiece.
i think my problem is that i turn the wires to steady to the coil, but now with shorter wicks, cuted at the edge it tastes very good.
i just have to adapt to the new way of making a coil, until then i just open the liquid control as high as i can, lol.
1511395_719743251369771_1700023591_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread