Ithaka vs Kayfun

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by withravenoushunger, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. withravenoushunger

withravenoushunger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

For those who own both, which do you like better and why? I'm torn between the two. They both look great but I don't know which I'll like more. Or when there will be another run of Kayfuns.

2. pokerplayer

pokerplayer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Both are excellent. Each have their pros & cons. The Kayfun I like mainly as my daily carry because its quick & easy.

3. MikeJA

MikeJA Super Member ECF Veteran

I have both and they're both wonderful atomizers. Can't go wrong with either. Kayfun is easier to set up (no NR wire required), Ithaka takes a bit more setup time, but allows more tinkering. Both of them, set up properly, vape wonderfully. Build quality on both is flawless. Flip a coin! You'll win whether it's heads or tails.

4. misterD

misterD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

what MikeJA said. I like Ithaka better!

5. withravenoushunger

Thanks for the input! I own the Ithaka clone which I like a lot and I'd assume is very similar to the real thing, but I don't use a dual coil setup in it. I was ready to buy the Ithaka tomorrow but COV just went out of stock. I think I'll buy whatever is available first. I'm leaning more towards the Kayfun because the color matches my Roller. By the way, does anyone have experience with the Taifun GT and is it related to the Kayfun?

6. MikeJA

MikeJA Super Member ECF Veteran

I think the roller's ss-m finish is closest to the kayfun. I don't have a roller, but going from pics I've seen, it seems close to what I'm using the Kayfun on, which is a 69 mod eric's edition. Should be a nice match on the roller too.

[​IMG]

Ithaka is much more polished...

[​IMG]

Again, both are beautifully made and vape wonderfully.

7. withravenoushunger

I was going for the matte finish. My Roller has the ice matte finish and from one picture I've seen with the two, the color matches nicely.

8. clim1983

clim1983 Full Member Verified Member

I like the Ithaka more. To me the setup works where I always get great flavor and clouds every time compared to my Kayfun which sometimes just produces clouds but not as much flavor.

9. Leithan

Leithan Just a "Member" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    How is the draw on the Ithaka? I like the light and smooth draw of the Kayfun.

10. withravenoushunger

Any chance of the Kayfun(any of them) being in stock today? COV just got Ithakas back and I want to get one of these while I have the chance.

11. clim1983

The Ithaka has a great smooth draw. I also wouldn't say one is better than the other by a long shot. I just like the Ithaka slightly better because once its setup you're all good to go. I never had any flooding or leaking issues with the Ithaka but with my Kayfun I get it from time to time especially when I'm out.

12. Kataphraktos

Kataphraktos meshugenah Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I prefer lighter, fruitier juices in the Kayfun, and heavier tobaccos/chocolates in the Ithaka. You can toy around with the Ithaka more, but unless you are going sub-ohm (which I don't) you'll end up single coil and be very happy with it. Both have air control, so you can make the draw as airy as you want.

13. bfrie

bfrie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Kayfun is easier to set up, slightly better flavor, but dry hits are easier to get. Ithaka is an overall better hit, harder to set up, way more flexible

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

14. clim1983

I totally agree! Fruitier juices are better in the Kayfun and tobacco type or baked goods type taste better in the Ithaka.

: kayfun
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.