Ithaka with no non resistance wire! Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Very true Longhaul, good point. Making your own coils is going to involve tools to cut wick & wire. I would guess most use a multi meter & needle nose of some kind. I'm guessing the average Ithaka /Ody user is comfortable using these tools.
I think the NR/R wire system makes building coils exactly with precision to the ohms desired. I don't know if one can achieve that precision with a threaded fastener, maybe you can.
I can't twist the wires without tools so its either I use tools for twisting or use tools to slip the R wire under a nut either way a tool gets used. The problem is universal and not just with me as it has sparked a new wire welder side of sales.

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
Very true Longhaul, good point. Making your own coils is going to involve tools to cut wick & wire. I would guess most use a multi meter & needle nose of some kind. I'm guessing the average Ithaka /Ody user is comfortable using these tools.
I think the NR/R wire system makes building coils exactly with precision to the ohms desired. I don't know if one can achieve that precision with a threaded fastener, maybe you can.

I think it will be better with the welder.....

Making Ithaca with 2 bolts is the easiest thing in the world guys. We just put an adapter on Ithaca that has 2 bolts on it and thats it. But why do you want to make your life difficult? 2 bolts will have small distance between them, you will have to use a tool to assemble it and you have to be up to 40 years old to see what you are doing there

where can I watch your videos & what name are you using on videos. I'm waiting for my iSmoka Magoo.:offtopic:

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
I think Imeo is right and his atties are the fastest and easiest to build. Then again, tools are necessary; as some pointed out, cutting the wick and wire, etc... Furthermore, tools do not necessarily translate into a down side, maybe they do actually come in handy. OTOH, making the NR-R-NR wire is a pain IMHO. You can buy pre-mades, just that they are not tailor-made, and you can also buy a welder but again, I feel it's easier building atties with bolts and only R. At least in my experience and that of many vapers I know, and we have all types of atties out there and a lot of experience.

So, maybe we could run a sort of survey and see who would like to see a module to convert GG atties to Only-R-needed, and let figures talk... !? Personally I think many of us would be intereseted!

Just saying...

What do you guys think?

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
The same as Provari users don't give a thought on using Darwin module
In there Provari or some others module,even if they wanted VW.
I won't use any module in GG atty that was not made by Imeo.
And I'm not the only one in regard to this.
pre made wire are not very hard to get buy,and they cover most relevant ohms spectrum
dual or single,now I use them as they suit my needs.
Befor them I built single coils twisting NR and R and after a while it took no time to make.
I don't see the reason to this any more.
I wontt use atty's that needed to be fill from the bottom by screws or held
upside down with no Air control or Juice control.
Just my preference.
GG attys are the most friendly user out there IMHO!

Last edited:

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
I guess Ithaka with no resistance is working for you now and pene as well imagine that funny how things work out.
Making Ithaca with 2 bolts is the easiest thing in the world guys. We just put an adapter on Ithaca that has 2 bolts on it and thats it. But why do you want to make your life difficult? 2 bolts will have small distance between them, you will have to use a tool to assemble it and you have to be up to 40 years old to see what you are doing there

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Of course you did a great job it seems to have worked very well indeed everyone is very impressed as always i have to say good work. Now what to expect next. Can i make a sujestion maybe in pm not here just some thoughts nothing original by itself but maybe a few ideas mixed together it will be good. i wish i could draw better. Thanks adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread