its bothering me

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
so the past few days ive been reading over a couple of group pages and facebook and been taken a back by some utterly weird questions and i think the worst answers

sample question

a guys shows his build and
ohms and watts
then ask is this oK?

then someone would answer,wattage is too high
it should be around 3.7volts?

and i was just like...uhm...

is there any truth to this?
kinda makes me wonder whats the popoint of having tc or variable wattage if you have to base it on 3.7?

Reactions: thetrucker

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You can run it where ever you like it. I personally like to run mine in the 3.7 ish range. I have a bunch of mechs and regulated mods. This mean I can move atties around both and it will still vape good.
This is what I do as well. Get it vaping they way I like it on a mech and then I can vape it on anything.

Reactions: Tagi

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
If it is on the internet than it has to be true.
:lol:
image.jpg

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
So you see an Non coherent "conversation" on the INTERNET, and are bothered by it?

Truth to what???????
What other than the class of battery we used, the algorythyms/logic for regulation and circuitry is based on 3.7volts? Since we use a 3.7volt battery or multiples of them.

well not really bothered
just a bit :)

ok so let make it a bit coherent

a guys shows his 0.82 single coil,ss wire build for his rx200,set @80watts
and then ask (for the love of god ,i dont know why he has to ask)
if his set up is ok?

one person replies and says
no ,thats not correct your wattage is runniong too high,reduce it until you get a 3.7 display on the screen,,

and afew other agree with him..

i but in and say well,its a variable you can run it up to 200 if thats what you like,,
and almost everyone said i was wrong... :(

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
well not really bothered
just a bit :)

ok so let make it a bit coherent

a guys shows his 0.82 single coil,ss wire build for his rx200,set @80watts
and then ask (for the love of god ,i dont know why he has to ask)
if his set up is ok?

one person replies and says
no ,thats not correct your wattage is runniong too high,reduce it until you get a 3.7 display on the screen,,

and afew other agree with him..

i but in and say well,its a variable you can run it up to 200 if thats what you like,,
and almost everyone said i was wrong... :(

.85 20awg Kanthal @ 200 is HF of about 260, vapable, if huge. This guys using Stainless @ .82ohm and 80watts, also vapable, IF wire is bigger than 24awg.

Yeah, that would Bother me a bit, also. But, then I would realize it was FB and close the tab. Can't talk sense to a wall.:facepalm:

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
.85 20awg Kanthal @ 200 is HF of about 260, vapable, if huge. This guys using Stainless @ .82ohm and 80watts, also vapable, IF wire is bigger than 24awg.

Yeah, that would Bother me a bit, also. But, then I would realize it was FB and close the tab. Can't talk sense to a wall.:facepalm:

so i am still sane?
that we are able to adjust to preference and not base it on some 3.7 volt bull.....

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
so i am still sane?
that we are able to adjust to preference and not base it on some 3.7 volt bull.....

You seem sane, to me. Wether 3.7volts is some kind of limitation depends on the vape you want and the mod you have to create it with.

I base my builds around 3.7volts, or the resulting wattage of feeding that many volts to my coils. Because I use a single 18650 battery in a mechanical mod. 3.7 volts is when the vape drops off and I need to start thinking about changing the battery. 3.7volts is also the mid range voltage of my wife's regulated mod. It's an easy factor to use when deciding the target ohm of a build.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
You seem sane, to me. Wether 3.7volts is some kind of limitation depends on the vape you want and the mod you have to create it with.

I base my builds around 3.7volts, or the resulting wattage of feeding that many volts to my coils. Because I use a single 18650 battery in a mechanical mod. 3.7 volts is when the vape drops off and I need to start thinking about changing the battery. 3.7volts is also the mid range voltage of my wife's regulated mod. It's an easy factor to use when deciding the target ohm of a build.

on mech well yeah thats enitirely ok to base it up on 3.7 nominal

but i think on a vw device,i think its not,
specially on a tri battery regulated mod,that is in series.

but thansk for assuring me i thought the world or atleast my country has gone mad ....

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    on mech well yeah thats enitirely ok to base it up on 3.7 nominal

but i think on a vw device,i think its not,
    specially on a tri battery regulated mod,that is in series.

but thansk for assuring me i thought the world or atleast my country has gone mad ....

Hello to the Philippines!

I don't think you've gone mad, I just think people are confused abt difference between unregulated vs regulated mods.

:offtopic:

I never get in early on the MCV mech box mod from the Philippines and they're always sold out here in the US. I looked for a phone number to the shop and never saw one. How hard is it to get an MCV in the Philippines?

zeus01

ECF Veteran
    Aug 19, 2011
    manila
    Hello to the Philippines!

I don't think you've gone mad, I just think people are confused abt difference between unregulated vs regulated mods.

:offtopic:

I never get in early on the MCV mech box mod from the Philippines and they're always sold out here in the US. I looked for a phone number to the shop and never saw one. How hard is it to get an MCV in the Philippines?

sorry man,been off the grid the past few weeks :)

thanks for the assurance mate,

mcv mods?well its relatively easy to get one..
    specially if you are not looking for a brand new one.

if you have facebook,
    you can look up
    bulakboyvapers market place
    and browse there,
    or if you are looking for bnew stuff,
    you can message mcv on Fb,and I am sure they will be able to hook you up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread