• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Its Finally happened! Tucson has a vaping group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Well its been a long slow road since the first time I saw a gathering here in Tucson back in 2010 but it looks like we finally have a group here to stay!

Over the last month or so a lot of energy has been put into the idea that we needed a solid group here in Tucson and we recently had our first vape Social of this year at least. We topped out at 17 folks which exceeded our expectations and nearly overflowed the room we reserved in a local dig. After seeing the response we have pushed ahead and formed a solid set of resources for this group to grow from.

I wanted to post in here to shout Hello to our Northern Cousins up in the Valley and invite any VIP folks that might have an eye to the South to keep an eye out for our next round and feel free to participate in any of our groups online!

Now for some pics and links!

Pictures of our Meeting

and the main hub to reach us!
www.TucsonVapers.com

TVLogo.jpg

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
Congrats Arvidx!! Always helpful to have a group. You can compare gear, try new stuff, meet new people, get tips and tricks in person, give tips, give and get advice, oh, I could go on and on. You know the benefits best. Wish I could get someone to at least meet up in the Palm Springs area. Someday, I hope.

Sound like a great turnout for your first group!! :toast:

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Have you considered starting up a subreddit on reddit.com? It's a great site for spinning up small forums for small groups, we have one of our own at http://www.reddit.com/r/VapingInPhoenix, gives you a central location for announcements and such that people don't need to be logged in or anything to see, and signing up for reddit doesn't even require an email address.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
I only hesitate because we already have several places that people are trying to keep up with and this adds one more. The organizers are all just existing members dedicating their time here, and its been quite a bit of labor over the last couple months to keep all we have going smoothly already. I have no objections to it at all if there is someone interested in taking the lead! Same for Reddit, I use it sparingly overall as it (I feel) is one of the ugliest possible social forums and it has taken me several rounds of effort to begin to use it at all effectively. I may grow to love it, but it'll take time.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Arvid, a thread here is a good way to redirect folks to your Facebook group page and info. for contacts locally. We did that here early on to try to get Tucson folks together. Feel free to start one or even just a sticky thread here with Tucson info. Can't hurt, and for folks who don't do Facebook, it's the only way they'll find you and it'll give them a way to meet people on here and get a little direction.

EDIT: I just made this thread a sticky so Tucson folks will notice it and it won't get buried. :)

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Thanks Hellen...
I was one of those very few folks who got together thanks to that old thread!! Finally found some folks with energy to work and get this thing going!

www.TucsonVapers.com is the best way to see what we are up to.. Meeting info will be there, FB group link g+ group link and forum, and for those that dont want to join any of those, there will be meeting info on the front page each month as well as all the resources we are putting together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread