It's not my story but, I helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
At the time of this thread or story, I've been vaping close to 8 weeks, now. I've turned a close friend of mine on to the whole idea and he's thankful for it. Although, he still isn't totally tobacco free, he is down to a cig or two a day. Not bad, huh?
He says he still has got to have one analog every morning with his coffee.

What I want to really write about is the little old lady that lives upstairs from me. She's seen me vape and has been curious about the whole thing so, upon answering her questions, I never once mentioned the words, 'E-Cigarette'. I called it my Personal Vaporizer or vaping Device, a PV.
I explained the whole operation to her and how it works including taking it apart and showing her the 'nuts & bolts' of what a PV is all about.

A few days later, she calls me up to her apt to help her out with a computer problem she has (I'm the PC guru in the building, BTW. Been messing around with these things since '88.) and, after solving that issue, she asks about my PV again because I've been vaping all the time I've been working on her PC. She, in turn, has been smoking. YUK! It stunk, too. LOLOL

Now that the hook was set, it was time to reel her in... LOL
I jumped to YouTube and pulled up a couple good E-Cig reviews and, by the time those were over, she wanted to try one. Sooooo, I let her try mine. A coffee & cream juice I just threw together and, she said, "This is just like smoking. Where do I buy one and what's it going to cost???".
Sooooo, we then jumped to one of my favorite PV web sites and I showed her what I thought was right for her and, she bought one!

Now, to make a long story longer, it came in last Monday and we got together and went over the whole thing, tooth and nail. I showed her how to fill it and she couldn't squeeze the bottle very well. I can't either. They need to be made of a softer plastic.
(Hey, you suppliers out there. Please use softer bottles for us old farts, would ya? Thank you.)
It's now Saturday and I thought I'd run upstairs to give her a bottle of juice I don't want in a softer bottle. Something easier to squeeze.

Here comes the good part and the finale, folks...
She says, "Thank you. Guess what? I haven't had a cigarette since last Monday."
I almost cried. I did give her a big hug and congratulated her, though.

We got another one converted... You tobacco companies had better watch out. You're treading on thin ice, fellas...

Anybody else want to share their helping hand story???

Happy vaping!

Last edited:

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
LOL...Thats cool. I have someone Im trying to convert, but not being pushy, just casually showing off different mods and flavor juices, so waiting for that big interest to occur.

No, not a good idea to push. Let them bring it up, that's when you know it'll work. Be patient...

Oh, I just stirred up some interest with my little brother. He wants to quit tobacco but not the habit. He loves smoking as I did.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I totally agree about the bottles. Easy squeeze is best for me...LOL. Nerve damage in hands sucks.

Great to hear stories like these. I converted my doctor. After I quit, I went for a physical and could smell her. Ironic that she jumped me all the time about smoking yet she did it also. I pulled out my PV and told her she needed to quit. She said she always hated prescribing dangerous drugs to people that she knew wouldn't help them but would cause harm in the long run. I gave several websites and what type of juices I thought she may like and the mg to start with.

When she got her PV, she called me at home and told me to get my .... into her office and show her the ropes. I did and took some well steeped juices with me. She loves it and still vapes. Everytime I see her, she asks if I've stepped down on nic...better than her jumping my .... about smoking. I always say the same thing, "Have you yet?". We both laugh and say No as usual. She now recommends to folks the choice of drugs or a better alternative to smoking. I gave her all the websites I could come up with that she now hands out to her patients. She told me that now she doesn't feel worried all the time because all of them, so far, have taken a "flyer" from her with ecig info on it versus taking a prescription for a dangerous drug.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
I totally agree about the bottles. Easy squeeze is best for me...LOL. Nerve damage in hands sucks.

Great to hear stories like these. I converted my doctor. After I quit, I went for a physical and could smell her. Ironic that she jumped me all the time about smoking yet she did it also. I pulled out my PV and told her she needed to quit. She said she always hated prescribing dangerous drugs to people that she knew wouldn't help them but would cause harm in the long run. I gave several websites and what type of juices I thought she may like and the mg to start with.

When she got her PV, she called me at home and told me to get my .... into her office and show her the ropes. I did and took some well steeped juices with me. She loves it and still vapes. Everytime I see her, she asks if I've stepped down on nic...better than her jumping my .... about smoking. I always say the same thing, "Have you yet?". We both laugh and say No as usual. She now recommends to folks the choice of drugs or a better alternative to smoking. I gave her all the websites I could come up with that she now hands out to her patients. She told me that now she doesn't feel worried all the time because all of them, so far, have taken a "flyer" from her with ecig info on it versus taking a prescription for a dangerous drug.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! You converted a doctor and she, in turn, is recommending vaping to her patients. Waaaay Cool!

Great story!
Be proud of yourself, Hairball.

Two thumbs up for this one....

Deblym

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2012
Sask
Every time I go to work there's always one or two people who ask me about them. One smoker 'mocked' me a little about it....then the very next day she asked me.....where do u get one of those things? I get tired of going through the whole spiel sometimes , thinking of making a pamphlet lol. But it's incredible how effective just using one is for getting the word out there. No pushing needed lol. People know a good thing when they see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread