Its not your god given right to Vape where ever you want- Use your manners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmhayes77

Moved On
Oct 27, 2013
Colorado
You have the right to vape where ever and whenever you want. Sorry if the rest of us doesn't feel it's necessary to conform and kiss ... to keep something that has no right to be taken. They will ban/take whatever they want whether you're vaping in public or in the privacy of your home only. Grow some balls please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
If someone looks at me cross for vaping I just rip a juicy fart. I point to the vaporizer and say "It's either this" then I point to my ... and say "or this". People love choices. :2cool:

Really, I can't say much. If I use an example of someone being pathetic and suckling to their device whether it be a smart phone or a PV I get accused of a straw man argument. All I can say is that obnoxious people find all kinds of devices and such to be obnoxious with. They exist, but using their existence of an example of how people can be obnoxious is a straw man argument. I'm calling myself out on it to spare someone else here from posting their redundant cut and paste denouncements of my statements.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
The bans on public vaping are being spread around the country by the ANTZ.
They wrote the model legislation and they are hand-delivering it to every legislative body one by one.

The ANTZ are funded in large part by Big Pharma.
And also by Tobacco Settlement money.

The mainstream media, for whatever reason, refuses to portray electronic cigarettes in a positive light.
Instead, they write articles parroting the ANTZ propaganda, misinformation, and lies.

And this is all working because the public is ignorant and afraid.
And because they think the mainstream media is honest and believable.

But it really has nothing to do with the behavior of vapers in public.

The funny thing is that everything I said above can be fairly easily discovered by a high schooler doing research for a term paper.
But the mainstream media can't seem to get it right, and doesn't really even seem to be trying to.

My I respectfully offer you the role of Vope in the new vaping religion, dear? :wub:

Ooooohmmmm..... :nun:

:)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I love Vaping and fear that my legal right to buy supplies and vape my nicotine to stay off the stinkies is going to be taken away. The reason why: Because of the high and mighty vapers that think it is their god given right to vape wherever they want. Its The Vapers with the I can attitude that are going to ruin it for us. I for one don't agree with vaping in all public places. Some vapors have failed to be respectful of others which in turn has drawn more and more negative attention to e-cigs.

I found this very informative- I hope you do too :

May I, Please and Thank You: Etiquette in Vaping | The Queen Vapes

Have you ever thought about doing some research into what is behind vaping bans/ severe restrictions before starting one more thread suggesting it is due to people vaping in public as the cause? I guess not, that would require some effort and thought. Why was vaping banned nationwide back in 2009 before there were more than one vaper every 500 square miles and hardly anyone was seen vaping in public??

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The bans on public vaping are being spread around the country by the ANTZ.
They wrote the model legislation and they are hand-delivering it to every legislative body one by one.

The ANTZ are funded in large part by Big Pharma.
And also by Tobacco Settlement money.

The mainstream media, for whatever reason, refuses to portray electronic cigarettes in a positive light.
Instead, they write articles parroting the ANTZ propaganda, misinformation, and lies.

And this is all working because the public is ignorant and afraid.
And because they think the mainstream media is honest and believable.

But it really has nothing to do with the behavior of vapers in public.

The funny thing is that everything I said above can be fairly easily discovered by a high schooler doing research for a term paper.
But the mainstream media can't seem to get it right, and doesn't really even seem to be trying to

Neither can some vapers as evidenced by this and several other threads always started with how we vapers are to blame for any negative articles on vaping

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I had a friend that used to say that the meek shall inherit the earth, but only after the people with cojones were done playing with it.

[soapbox]

That being said, I think I'm going to start posting this in every thread:

If you're worried about losing your ability to vape, don't tell US about it. Join CASAA, and write at least TWO letters to representatives of your choice. That will accomplish a LOT more than preaching before the choir.

[/soapbox]

This needs to be repeated in everyone of these type of threads.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I sure don't think ill mannered people are, single-handedly, responsible for the bans of either smoking nor vaping. I get the corruption and greed behind bans. I do, however, think they lend ammunition to the ANTZ who must first turn vaping into a moral issue rather than a health one. Looking at the history of smoking, people who were never ANTZ were needed by them to support legisltation with their votes. They know most will vote one way or another based on their personal experiences... like choking on smoke while they're trying to eat. Same will happen to vaping. I'm certainly no vape cop but the subject should be discussed rationally without accusations like that... name-calling is rude and inflammatory and tends to put the brakes on any rational discourse. The bottom line is that people will vape, with or without simple manners, the same way they smoked. I saw a T-shirt saying "I'm not RUDE, you're just insignificant." Someone buys them. Yes, people will judge whole groups based on the behavior of a minority within it... that's with pretty much everything including vaping. Eventually that minority becomes the majority as those not wishing to be associated disappear. Its happened with many things... history usually repeats because people don't change and that includes those who know how to manipulate the thinking of others turning "whatever" into a moral issue. Some of the worst crimes against humanity have been committed just that way with the blessings of onlookers.

Carry on... and happy vaping.

:pop: or :vapor:oh the decisions!

Last edited:

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I sure don't think ill mannered people are, single-handedly, responsible for the bans of either smoking nor vaping. I get the corruption and greed behind bans. I do, however, think they lend ammunition to the ANTZ who must first turn vaping into a moral issue rather than a health one. Looking at the history of smoking, people who were never ANTZ were needed by them to support legisltation with their votes. They know most will vote one way or another based on their personal experiences... like choking on smoke while they're trying to eat. Same will happen to vaping. I'm certainly no vape cop but the subject should be discussed rationally without accusations like that... name-calling is rude and inflammatory and tends to put the brakes on any rational discourse. The bottom line is that people will vape, with or without simple manners, the same way they smoked. I saw a T-shirt saying "I'm not RUDE, you're just insignificant." Someone buys them. Yes, people will judge whole groups based on the behavior of a minority within it... that's with pretty much everything including vaping. Eventually that minority becomes the majority as those not wishing to be associated disappear. Its happened with many things... history usually repeats because people don't change and that includes those who know how to manipulate the thinking of others turning "whatever" into a moral issue. Some of the worst crimes against humanity have been committed just that way with the blessings of onlookers.

Carry on... and happy vaping.

:pop: or :vapor:oh the decisions!

Straw man argument! I'm calling you out first! I win the interwebz!

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I love Vaping and fear that my legal right to buy supplies and vape my nicotine to stay off the stinkies is going to be taken away. The reason why: Because of the high and mighty vapers that think it is their god given right to vape wherever they want. Its The Vapers with the I can attitude that are going to ruin it for us. I for one don't agree with vaping in all public places. Some vapors have failed to be respectful of others which in turn has drawn more and more negative attention to e-cigs.

I found this very informative- I hope you do too :

May I, Please and Thank You: Etiquette in Vaping | The Queen Vapes

If it's up to you, we won't vape in public because, according to you, vaping in public will lead to laws against public vaping.

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
I agree, it's money and assuaging control-freak issues. Nothing else.

If it had anything to do with manners, they would have banned people from running around with breath bad enough to make your eyes water when you're unfortunate enough to catch a whiff. They'd ban bathing in perfume or cologne (we've ALL smelled those people). They'd ban people from microwaving the most unimaginably offensive smelling food in stores and breakrooms nationwide.

They're not. So it's not the vaping.

It's the money.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Maybe I've missed some recent exchanges, but I think it might be over now.
You might want to consider letting it go.
:)

You missed pretty much every exchange I've had with a few individuals on this site since my first week? Welcome back! And no. No I won't consider it. I'm not in the clique nor do I want to be. I will mock the sheeple at every opportunity. Baaaaaaaaaaah!

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
^ Obviously DC2 was referring to your reply to my post. I have never, to my recollection in all the time I've been on this forum, had any exchange with you nor do I ever intend to save this post.

I actually got what you were saying and didn't intend to come across as trying to discredit your post. I just wanted to accuse you of a straw man argument before this other guy did. I'm trying to save his keys because he types that very same phrase at least once a week. Sorry for the confusion. I'm sure my post was much more concise and way less condescending than his would have been.

Diogenes

Moved On
Nov 5, 2013
Justice, IL
Hopefully you'll never encounter this situation, but surprising a burglar in your Underoos (Batman, of course) while screaming gibberish and brandishing a khukuri has somewhat of a profoundly disturbing effect on the psyche of the interloper.

Of course, it could have been the fact that I was also covered in Nutella. Hard to say.

That's a good way to get rid of a burglar. Jehovah's Witnesses, on the other hand, you must open the door naked, and invite them in. It's been 3 years, and those two have never come back to visit me again.........

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    That's a good way to get rid of a burglar. Jehovah's Witnesses, on the other hand, you must open the door naked, and invite them in. It's been 3 years, and those two have never come back to visit me again.........

All I had to do was take a few minutes and tell them according to my beliefs, the Bible(king James) says this happens then they dispute me and and I throw another verse at 'em. 6mths and they ain't been back:evil:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    That's a good way to get rid of a burglar. Jehovah's Witnesses, on the other hand, you must open the door naked, and invite them in. It's been 3 years, and those two have never come back to visit me again...

I just tell them -

Sorry cant talk right now Im late for my *Gay witches for Abortion* meeting can you come back later?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    I suppose it's your god given right to sneak around, feeling all guilty and dirty for doing something that probably saved your life, and be compelled to think that lurking on the 'invisible' fringe of society is somehow a "safe" thing to do. But sorry - that's not how I roll. George Orwell is coming to get the likes of you and yours any minute now. Hope you like being told what is best for you. (Perhaps you already do...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread