Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Been a slow day at work so I took the time to rebuild my atties while the sun shines through my window. In Chicago, we have 4 seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter and BiPolar. Apparently, the weather took it's Lithium and decided to be nice for once. I love new coil day, especially when the sun in shining! So it begs the question, do you prefer a brand spanking new coil or one that's been broken in for a few days?

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Depends on my attachment. Most my RTAs I rebuild as little as possible, so I'll dry burn, rinse, dry burn, rinse, dry out, re-wick, refill and run along. About every 3months or until a coil pops I'll rebuild them on this schedule. My RDAs, Crius, and Griffin I'll recoil and rewick once a week, rewick at least once or twice during the week. I used to enjoy rebuilding myself, but working in a vape shop, by the end of the day I've rebuilt so many RDAs and tanks of customers, my mind and eyes are just burnt and can't focus well, so the rebuilds get sloppy after a while.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
Brand new gleeming coil lots of anticipation and then you hit it for the first time and its such a let down .

until you get it to start to flavor up and then it gets better.

short answer new coils need to be run in before they get good .

I like coils once the aquire some flavor.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    In my mind replacing the coil each time it gets gunked up is like buying a new car each time the oil needs changing. This places me firmly in the clean and rewick camp.

Since I use Silica rope the only times I need to replace the wick is when I mutilate it to much to reinsert into a recently dry burned coil.

Reactions: gadgetkeith

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    In my mind replacing the coil each time it gets gunked up is like buying a new car each time the oil needs changing. This places me firmly in the clean and rewick camp.

Since I use Silica rope the only times I need to replace the wick is when I mutilate it to much to reinsert into a recently dry burned coil.
    Seems ReadyXWick would be a better option for you as you can dry burn workout removing the wick & the stuff lasts forever. :thumbs:

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    SW France
    I'm firmly in the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' camp. Have a couple of A6 atties, self modded to BF with dual 1.6mm/29awg Kanthal contact coils for 0.8ohms net, using KGD cotton, in service daily since end of May last year and hanging in there to make it a full year. 'bout once a week they get washed, dry-burned/quenched twice, dental brushed and re-wicked. Still get good performance and flavour. Time to re-wick when the aroma on the exhale gets better than the flavour on the inhale. :vapor:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread