It's these kind of people that are going to ruin it for all of us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
So as a polite adult, you'll go up to an obese guy walking down the street eating a big mac after not showering for a week and tell him to stop being fat, eating cheeseburgers, and take a shower?

But a polite adult asking you to please not vape in a non-smoking area is too much?
Did I say i would do that? No. i was making a comparison. If someone makes me uncomfortable in public, I move away from them. Because they have just as much right to be there as I do, whether they smell like greasy hamburgers and sweatsocks or theyre just blowing big clouds of vapor.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
These types of threads have been around since I 1st joined ECF in early 2010..

Sadly, it's only getting worse. Back when vaping 1st became popular you could vape inside of many places but now not so much. Why? Well there is that sense of entitlement and the odd need to try and impress others with clouds of vapor while in a public place.

Newsflash! Nobody is impressed!

These people don't care that they have already cost responsible vapers a lot and that they will continue to cost us even more..

It's sad really but they don't get it and they never will get it..

Last edited:

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, Raq, I already regret dignifying this thread with a response.

You and me both.. LOL

A few years ago someone was throwing a "my rights" tantrum because they got in trouble for blowing clouds on an airplane... :eek: :nah: :blink:

Unbelievable.........................

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
For that growing group who see it as a right to vape how they want, where they want in anyway they want trying to impart understanding that it isn't the best idea is totally pointless they neither care nor want to face the reality that their actions are damaging. You'll also find few if any are active in advocacy as while they bluster on forums about it doing no damage and it not being a problem they avoid situations where they might hear differently. They shout loud and in my experience people that shout loudest have to do so because what their saying has little or no merit. Best most of us can do is stock up on nic liquid, have plenty of backups and accept that legislation is coming.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Tell that to the irate parents who see it.. Yawn!

We are not talking about stealth vaping. We are talking about someone blowing clouds inside a store..
what irate parents? how do you assume what their thinking?
if your not blowing the vapor on there kiddies there's nothing
to be irate about.if your vaping correctly they wont even notice.

who and where are all these people blowing clouds of vapor everywhere?
get me their names.post their pictures on facebook.tell em' to knock
it off.educate them a little.you don't penalize the 99.9% of us vapers
that get it.
i say vape like its as natural as breathing.let society itself iron
out the details.are we to have have laws for every unlikely
scenario imagined?
i a not going to live my life according to what some people
think other people are thinking.
:2c:
mike

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
what irate parents? how do you assume what their thinking?
if your not blowing the vapor on there kiddies there's nothing
to be irate about.if your vaping correctly they wont even notice.

who and where are all these people blowing clouds of vapor everywhere?
get me their names.post their pictures on facebook.tell em' to knock
it off.educate them a little.you don't penalize the 99.9% of us vapers
that get it.
i say vape like its as natural as breathing.let society itself iron
out the details.are we to have have laws for every unlikely
scenario imagined?
i a not going to live my life according to what some people
think other people are thinking.
:2c:
mike

You are part of the problem right now so why not become part of the solution? Instead of having your actions impact vaping in a negative way they can impact it in a positive way..

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
well get me there names and i will talk to them personally or,
should i just wait until i can call the police on them?
mike

Childish comment..

At with that, this thread has just became a waste of time. I'm outta here but try and remember that you can have a positive impact on vaping if you try and show some respect to others..

Have a nice day.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
You are part of the problem right now so why not become part of the solution? Instead of having your actions impact vaping in a negative way they can impact it in a positive way..
my actions are not impacting vaping in a negative way.
they are portraying vaping in a positive light.
nothing to see here folks,move along.
i am not one of those people living under the
bridge by the tracks and i will not act like one.
mike

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Childish comment..

At with that, this thread has just became a waste of time. I'm outta here but try and remember that you can have a positive impact on vaping if you try to respect others..

Have a nice day.
i am living example of a positive impact on vaping by
not treating it as if it was leprosy.
my apology to any leprosy victims out there.
mike

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
It's sad really. Since you asked, because a majority of the people of a given state voted it into their state constitution. Like the nimrods in my state of Ohio did.

Someone replied to this exactly as I knew they would, with that fairy tale about 2nd hand smoke being deadly -- which doesn't answer the question at all of why VAPERS' rights are overruled, since vaping is definitely NOT deadly nor even dangerous -- it's just that "it looks like smoke" -- so vapers get it in the rear because of STUPID people who can't tell the diff between the smell of smoke and mostly-non-odorous vapor.

It may not be politically correct to say so, but those who have a problem with vapor (and no I'm NOT talking about the mythical "clouds of vapor", just regular vaping) are just plain STUPID. Paranoid, hysterical IDIOTS who have swallowed all that ANTZ garbage hook, line, and sinker. I refuse to govern my every action based on the feelings of STUPID people. I may not vape in grocery stores, or any stores (as a rule), but that's just because I don't want to get into a urination contest with a self-righteous idiot; I'm there to shop, not to vape or argue with fools. What I do behind a closed bathroom stall-door is my own affair, and nobody else's.

Andria

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Tonight I took my Mom grocery shopping, and as we were walking down the cereal aisle of Meijer (large chain supermarket in michigan, a little more upscale that walmart) this guy, probably late 20's early 30's comes around the corner with his girlfriend/wife, holding a box mod of some sort in one hand and a bottle of juice in the other, then proceeds to take a huge hit and blow a huge cloud, fogging out part of the aisle for a few seconds. ...

It is kinda Sad to think that for some of the Non-Vaping public, that this would be their First Introduction to a person Using an e-Cigarette.

And the Image that will Indelibly Etched in their minds is of some dude Fogging Up the Cereal Aisle in a Grocery Store.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
i am living example of a positive impact on vaping by
not treating it as if it was leprosy.
my apology to any leprosy victims out there.
mike

Which not a single person has said, other than you. You don't get it and your actions have already cost responsible vapers the ability to vape in many places.

No one and I mean no one is impressed by the ability to blow massive clouds in a grocery store..

At any rate, keep on doing as you please and the rest of us will continue to pay the price for it..

Peace owt...

RichJr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boston Ma.
GtSh6IHm.jpg

That doesn't mean it's okay to disrespect others. ;)

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
I just have to UNDERLINE this once again; that vaping in public IS NOT the same as "blowing huge clouds in peoples' faces." It's really not an either/or situation -- either you're hiding away or you're blowing clouds in peoples' faces -- THERE IS A MIDDLE GROUND, which many of you either do not or will not see.

Andria

I absolutely recognize the difference, but the original scenario was someone fogging out an isle in a public store, and my response is to those who either think that is a noble way to 'educate' others about vaping or who think that behavior is perfectly acceptable. My position can be summed up by two words... That's rude. I'm just advocating the virtues of self-control and consideration for others, and that really is the middle ground between a complete disregard for others and the hyperbolic reflex to ban anything that might upset anyone.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Which not a single person has said, other than you. You don't get it and your actions have already cost responsible vapers the ability to vape in many places.

No one and I mean no one is impressed by the ability to blow massive clouds in a grocery store..

At any rate, keep on doing as you please and the rest of us will continue to pay the price for it..

Peace owt...
my actions did what? where? what places?links please?
i have never said i blow big clouds in a grocery store or anywhere else.
i have vaped normally there,most time discretely though.
i have said even if someone did blow big clouds in the grocery
store so what? should i call a cop or man up and call em' on it?
where is the need for over bearing regulation for the most unlikely
of scenarios?
in the highly unlikely case of someone blowing clouds in the grocery
store or into the little chillins' faces just tell em',hey bud how about a
little restraint,the old people and chillin yaa' nooee'. in the unlikelihood
of any or all of this so called bad behavior actually ever happening
acting like an adult is the right way to go.not running to the
government to protect you from something that is very unlikely
to happen in the first place.
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.