J-Wrap vs Homemade wrap? Help? (Snow Wolf 200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Hey guys, so i was thinking about getting a J-wrap for my Snow Wolf 200 LI, but I have never owned one before. I read good and bad reviews about wraps for devices. Mainly they work/look great, and they peel paint/finish off. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has wrapped a snow wolf 200 yet, and what your ideas are on it yet? I like the way it looks, but the fingerprints are horrible.

I was thinking about getting a carbon fiber wrap, or something dark that doesn't stand out to much. The carbon fiber J-wrap is $18.50, but I found this carbon fiber wrap, on ebay, for much much cheaper, and wanted to know some opinions on just using this ebay stuff and cutting it myself for my device.

12"X60" 4D Premium Gloss Black Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap Sticker Decal Air Release | eBay

Again, I have never done this before, just seeing if anyone has opinions about this before I ventured out into the world unknown. In the video, on ebay, the guy puts it on with a heat gun. I wouldn't want to mess the device up, or glass up, in any way.... thoughts?

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I cant speak for j-wraps but I can speak for vaporskinz. I use the carbon fiber wraps for my ipv mini's and they work perfect. The measurements are spot on and look great. Just make sure you are lined up correctly before you apply the wrap. I had a few chips in one of my ipv's and didn't have it quite straight...went to peel it back off to reapply and it did want to peel the finish back with it. So I just decided to rock roll with it the way it was. It was straight enough. Good enough for government work as they say :lol:.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The fingerprints on the black glass of the Snow Wolf really bothered me, so I put a Vapor Skinz wrap on it. It went on very easy and I didn't even need to use a heat gun. FYI, this is the second Vapor Skinz I had used and they do recommend using a hair dryer if you need to soften the wrap for weird corners. With the Snow Wolf, didn't need it at all.

20150708_183245.jpg

Reactions: skrymir

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
If your going to do anything other than flat surface, a heat gun and fresh razor blade will be your best friend. I bought a roll of carbon fiber and have covered many things with it. I've seen videos of people wrapping car rims that have intricate details to them. I am not one of those with that type of skills. I did manage to do this yesterday though, from this...(sorry for poor pic quality)

To this...

You could spend less on a small roll and do many wraps for the cost of one jwrap...

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Thanks for all of the replies, and pics, everyone. I think I will just spend 1/3 of the price and order a sheet of something. That way if the wrap ever comes of, or gets damaged, I will have plenty of back up material. I really like the look of the snow wolf, without a wrap.....if it wasn't for those fingerprints. I have looked at:
clear wrap
black brushed aluminum
black carbon fiber
2 tone carbon fiber
etc

Now just trying to figure out what material I want to choose. The wraps, or materials, shouldn't damage the device in any way, right?

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
J Wraps makes great stuff and the use quality vinyl I wrapped a few Hana modz with them and even wrapped a vapor shark with no peeling of the paint once removed even with the vapor shark that has notoriously ....ty paint.

I know they do. I just can't justify spending $20 on it, when I can buy an entire sheet for $6.50. Plus, I could buy 3 different sheets for the price of 1 J-Wrap, which would allow me to change out often if I get bored with it. But I can never come up with a final answer on what kind of wrap I want. If only the SW was out for a while, so I can see pictures of what they looks like in different wraps.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
This is my two tone carbon fibre skin from Jwraps, perfect fit and excellent quality.. Love mine, no more finger prints on that glass ! After I fitted it, I used a hair dryer on it and just pressed it down. Make sure you line it up properly and you can't go wrong.

15879lg.jpg

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
This is my two tone carbon fibre skin from Jwraps, perfect fit and excellent quality.. Love mine, no more finger prints on that glass ! After I fitted it, I used a hair dryer on it and just pressed it down. Make sure you line it up properly and you can't go wrong.

15879lg.jpg

I like that!

Reactions: Rixsta

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Just on the fence if I wanna put a wrap on it, or say screw it. I'm the only person that's gonna see the finger prints so it's really not that big of a deal.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
What I have done is just left the carbon on both sides of the glass and left the stainless steel showing.. Feels better and those finger prints really bugged me and it just feels nice to hold.. I'll take a pic, that last one must be a month ago.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas

15879lg.jpg
Seems like the other wraps I have looked at only cover the front, and back, and sides....not the top.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread