Jamba Juice - Coconut Berry Bliss. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtianz

ECF Veteran
Im a big Jamba juice fan.

They had a seasonal smoothie that is absolutely amazing for me.

I'd absolutely love to replicate the drink in a DIY juice. Any and all assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

The drink is:
  • Coconut Berry Bliss is made by blending coconut with almond milk, strawberries, blueberries, and chopped dates.
I'm relatively new to DIY. I've done about 600ml of mixing. I'm having troubles finding almond, coconut, date (or raisin) flavorings as a first problem.

What do you think? Possible?

Thank you all.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
@gtianz - The Date flavoring (and Raisin, for that matter) are tricky to source, for sure. I think One-on-One Flavors had a "Date Sweet" flavoring at one time, but I can't find it on their site today. If you think it's essential, you might want to contact them and ask whether it's still available somehow.

If no luck on that front, you might consider using a Fig flavoring to provide a bit of exotic dark sweetness. Capella and Flavor West might make the most suitable ones (FlavourArt makes Fig Fresh, but it might be "fresher" than you want for this). A bit of Marshmallow flavoring could add some richness to help approximate the "Date experience." ;)

As dobroeutro pointed out, Bull City will have several variants on the other flavors you need. Good luck mixing, and keep us posted if you hit a winner!

Lastly, I found this on ELR from user Shaner. I know it's not quite what you're after, but his "Coconut Berry Smoothie" could give you some ideas about FlavourArt flavorings (which are stronger than most) and percentages in the neighborhood you're seeking. Plus, it looks like it might be good....

1.5% Berryl (Raspberry) (FA)
0.5% Blackcurrant (FA)
0.75% Coconut (FA)
0.5% Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)
1% Vienna Cream (FA)

gtianz

ECF Veteran
Sorry for the late reply. I want to thank you both! Sincere thank you. I was buying my stuff from mfs.com and didn't even realize so many flavors were available! And the fig suggestion is excellent.

I'm going to give this a go! Any suggestion as to which brand makes the best flavors? Sure I could research it here. And I should! Will be ordering a couple hundred $ of goods in the next few days.

Reactions: dobroeutro

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Among the big five (Capella, Flavor West, FlavourArt, Inawera, and The Flavor Apprentice), you'll find many fans, as well as some hits-and-misses in each of their offerings. I gravitate towards FlavourArt and Inawera, which are generally stronger than most (so I can use less). Inawera flavors, in particular, seem very durable as well. If you look, you'll find dedicated threads for these manufacturers in this DIY sub-forum (and a LOT of reading, unfortunately).

P.S. An honorable mention for Lorann Oils, having been an early option on the e-juice DIY scene. They don't really acknowledge vaping though, and you have to be careful since some of their flavors contain actual oil and must be avoided. I understand their Banana Cream is the best (but the one from TFA works fine for me).

gtianz

ECF Veteran
I made my first batch. I'm a bit lazy with my mixing and do 100ml batches. Keeps the math simple and I don't have to be quite as precise with my measurements as I would be making 10 or 30 ml bottles.

I target 10% for my juice flavors.

4 ml Blueberry (flavors west)
2 ml Coconut (fa)
2 ml Strawberry (fa)
1 ml Almond (fa)
1 ml Marshmallow (fa)

It hasn't steeped long enough yet for all the flavors to meld properly, but I think that I'm on the right track. The coconut is about perfect. The Marshmallow was a good idea and adds some complexity and some sweetness.

I think with the next batch I'll do 3 ml Blueberry and 2 ml Almond. I am also torn on the need for the strawberry/blueberry combination - It might be better simplifying the mix to 4 flavors.

I did get a bottle of fig flavoring and I'll try adding a drop or two to a small bottle to see if it adds or detracts.

I'll report back as I refine the recipe.

p.s. this is a very clear mix - almost no color to it at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread