Janty Neo Classic New Product "Back To The Basics"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
What a wonderful way to start the day - and it is also a Friday! Double Wow!

I can't wait to have this baby in my hands! Come to mama, you little sweet NEO :)

Thanks for the presentation Mik, thank you Ludo for sharing it and of course thank you both for creating this!

I really liked what I saw - just one worry: I like to add an 20-30% percentage of VG in my PG liquid. As I understand, this is not safe with NEO, isn't that right? Or we only have to worry if we use plain 100% VG e-liquid?

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Hey guys,

First of all, let me see that we plan to re-upload this in a much higher resolution in a few hours- so dont mind the resolution its currently in. We thought you wanted to see it as fast as you could, while we tweaked it a bit.

Fanifox:

You should be able to add some VG to your PG mix - but remember what you like right now is based on what youre also currently smoking on - give the NEO a go with pure PG and you might just like that enough! :) But yeah, i dont see any problem in having a slight PG/VG mix! You wont ruin it, so you can just experiment - if its bad, blow it out, start over with a bit less of a VG/PG mix. :D

arv

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Wroclaw, Poland
Thanks Mik - that really answered a lot of my questions!

Just answer me this, because untill I get my hands on it it will drive me crazy - how hard is it to open the refilling flap? Could it open accidentally in my pocket?

Ok, now let me start the feature request extravaganza!
- I'd love for the airflow ring to come in different colors (silver and/or black) - I hate gold
- is it possible to charge the battery with the ring attached (I could get extras and not bother taking them off every time i switch a battery)
- I won't even mention USB and 900mah batteries, that's a must
- how about different mouthpieces, i.e. round like for the eDC, or angled to give a better pipe feel with Kuwako
- I would like it with blue LEDs, but that's my thing (I still miss the Stick led going from blue to red)

There you go, those are my first thoughts. I'm sure most if not all are pretty obvious and probably already in the works, but just wanted to give my two cents about it.

Anyway - can't wait to get it!

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Thanks Mik - that really answered a lot of my questions!

Just answer me this, because untill I get my hands on it it will drive me crazy - how hard is it to open the refilling flap? Could it open accidentally in my pocket?

Ok, now let me start the feature request extravaganza!
- I'd love for the airflow ring to come in different colors (silver and/or black) - I hate gold
- is it possible to charge the battery with the ring attached (I could get extras and not bother taking them off every time i switch a battery)
- I won't even mention USB and 900mah batteries, that's a must
- how about different mouthpieces, i.e. round like for the eDC, or angled to give a better pipe feel with Kuwako
- I would like it with blue LEDs, but that's my thing (I still miss the Stick led going from blue to red)

There you go, those are my first thoughts. I'm sure most if not all are pretty obvious and probably already in the works, but just wanted to give my two cents about it.

Anyway - can't wait to get it!

Hey Arv

It wont open in your pocket - I mean, it could probably happen, and knowing our customers it will happen to a few, but its extremely hard to do. Notice in the video how i have to bury my nail in there to open it up - it doesnt just pop up if you have closed it right so that wont be an issue at all!

As for the other things:

Wait till you see it in gold ( the airflow ring ) it is actually very nice. Im not much of a gold person myself, but on this e-cigarette it really suits it. If everything else fails, you could simply spray it black/silver - its metal so that should be easy enough to do. As of right now there are no plans to make other color rings, but im not saying that it wont happen!

Yes you can charge it with the ring on.

Regarding battery sizes, and USB - let me put my two cents in there: I dont think a USB battery is needed - most people (98%) will simply have one battery charged while the other is in use. So im not sure if we will make a USB option - not many used it on the original eGo, so its doubtful if we will do it on this one.

As for the 900 mAH - as of right now, i cant comment on what battery sizes we are making :)

A round mouthpiece is not a good idea for this, it would be too big -for now, i think were keeping this mouthpiece. But wait until you try it - it is really comfortable, and for the Kuwako it feels 100% right as a pipe mouthpiece.

Blue LEDs are so 90's :p Wait till you get this in your hands, the white LED with the design of this really does make it feel like a million bucks :)

Thanks for the comments, and for watching :)

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
Thanks for the reply, Mik.
I will try it with pure PG e-liquid, of course, and test the flavor and especially the vapor, but I am concerned about e-liquids other than Jantys - there is a big market out there full of pure VG based flavors and products widely sold that contain only VG. I also know many people that can't stand PG liquids, so NEO won't be an option for them...:(
As for the 900mAH batteries, if I understand it right, my Janty 900 and 1000 EGO-T batteries will also fit to NEO, won't they? Will it be ruined by using them?

hifistud

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Sunderland, UK
I'll just echo what Mik's said about the possibility of the filling flap opening by accident - the likelihood, although there, is very slim - you've got to really get your nail under the flap to open it, so it's not likely to be an issue. As you may have seen from the Haze Hour show, the juice I'm using in it is a 50/50 PEG/VG mix, and it's wicking perfectly, with no issues at all. And no, you don't actually need a syringe to fill it - I used that simply to show that the Puromiser will take precisely 2ml of juice - life's too short to count drops!!

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Fanifox:

You can use any ego compatible battery - it should work and fit yes. Ofcourse there will be the odd copy that might have a bad fit, but if youre using Janty parts only, then theres no problems.

As for the VG/PG thing - theres an even bigger market for PG than there is for VG - i think its something like 30% of users using VG only, and 70% using PG - and then were not talking about the ones that mix.

As you can see from Hifistuds reply below, it IS possible to mix PG/VG in it - we just choose to stay a bit on the comfy/safe side, and say that it is made for, and best with PG ; then we havent promised anything we cant deliver. :)

Il Brucaliffo: Its my understanding that the NEO classics are very very close to arriving in France - so it might even be sooner. But dont hold me to this; allthough i think it will be how it plays out. :)

Hifistud: Nice review btw - enjoyed watching it yesterday! Allthough i didnt quite see how you thought the airflow regulator matters much, but come to think of it, maybe its because youre using VG/PG mixes - its harder to tell on a VG mix than on pure PG (in my opinion). Oh and, very nice studio! :)

Jason_in_nc: Brown gaffa will do the trick. :)

arv

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Wroclaw, Poland
Hifistud: Nice review btw - enjoyed watching it yesterday! Allthough i didnt quite see how you thought the airflow regulator matters much, but come to think of it, maybe its because youre using VG/PG mixes - its harder to tell on a VG mix than on pure PG (in my opinion). Oh and, very nice studio! :)

I think Hifistud was misled by aesthetics fetish - he was bent on aligning the Janty logo (I'd probably do the same - if it's not aligned, it's just wrong!) and used the ring to hold everything in place, and didn't fiddle with it after that. ;)

hifistud

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Sunderland, UK
He actually took the ring off and thought it made no difference, so it's probably what Mik said: Maybe his PEG/VG mix is not thin enough to see the difference.

Ring on, ring off - what I said was I couldn't discern a great difference. That said, it could be because the flavour is just gorgeous, and it produces like a steam train wherever I've had the ring/not had the ring. It might also be that the range of adjustment falls within what I regard as a comfortable draw.

With all of that said, though, I find myself using the Neo Classic almost exclusively at the moment - a rare thing...

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Looking forward to getting Neo in my hands.
Just wondering, what's the throat hit like with the Puromizer?
is it more like the ego jets atty, or the ego dual coil cartos? those r the only ones i tried, so thats my only reference for comparison!

Throat hit really is a matter of opinion.

From my viewpoint:

The throat hit of the puromizer is elegant. It hits in a wide way - soft, but thorough. Its not harsh, its not too direct, but its not vague either. To me (and the others at Janty) this is the perfect throat hit, seeing as it leaves you with that feeling of wanting another drag - rather than having the "I need to put this down for a bit, that was hardcore".

The JETS in my personal viewpoint is 50% less than that in every way. The dual coil cartos give a decent throat hit, but its fluffed up by the fact that you get that filter-taste with every hit, so again id say the puromizer beats that also.

In the end though, noone here can tell you what your opinion of it is; but i would be surprised if you wouldnt love, and prefer it, if dual coils and JETS are your only comparison, since i bet most people will prefer the puromizer clearly over both.

Hope that helps a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread