• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

JB Dismantled Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
sorry it took me so long to get them. my friends camera needs a new battery so he had to use his cell phone. i haven't a clue about technical things, so those of you that do, you may know what the pictures mean and maybe it will help you fix your clunky JB's that aren't working right. if you have any questions about a certain pic, i can ask him, but it may take awhile to get back to me.

hope these help...

should be clickable thumbs:

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
Thanks for this juice! Any chance that clearer pics will be posted at some point?

probably not mike. i hated to ask for even these pics. he works a LOT of overtime. He said the atty is like a filament in a light bulb. Made like a cartomizer, only not a vertical coil. he said it's primitive compared to cartomizer quality.

for those looking to make atties, probably using a cartomizer as a model, or rebuilding a cartomizer would be the way to go. my friend didn't see any 'ceramic' cup in this thing either.

after the entire JB experience, i'm sticking with commercial atties. i have several RN4075's still going strong since December. the only atties i've had ever fail have been 510's and DSE brand atties.

the jb was a good concept, but just didn't deliver. after the wait many of us had, no wonder there were so many ...... off ppl with the poor quality.

at least you can see where the wires go if you decide to fix your JB's.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
was the poor thing a carlos JB?

yes. was totally unvapeable with the toxic taste. i did a post on that. after my friend got it he said he hoped i didn't inhale = it was toxic vapor from the materials used.

thank god i didn't. i couldn't get past the chemical taste and smell, so i sent it off to him.

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
yes. was totally unvapeable with the toxic taste. i did a post on that. after my friend got it he said he hoped i didn't inhale = it was toxic vapor from the materials used.

thank god i didn't. i couldn't get past the chemical taste and smell, so i sent it off to him.

8-o JuiceTox? - sorry, couldn't resist

Sorry Dave. I lost the context here. Which these are you wondering about?

Was meaning if it was adjusted at all from the original atty.

but no big deal Carlos is a great Guy & takes care of everyone best possible.
But posts like this trying to crush his business is lame.

I still will deal with him nomatter about these posts

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Was meaning if it was adjusted at all from the original atty.

but no big deal Carlos is a great Guy & takes care of everyone best possible.
But posts like this trying to crush his business is lame.

I still will deal with him nomatter about these posts

I must have missed the part where someone is trying to crush his business. I think that Juicy just got tired of messing with her JB, and had a friend do an autopsy on it, and then posted the pics here because MastiffMike was wondering why the CJB atomizer lasts so long.

I, like Juicy, was also one of the FEW that got a lemon from Carlos. It just reeks of a bad epoxy mix. I, like Juicy, have decided not to mess with sending it back to Carlos. I may, however dissect it and post BETTER pictures if I ever get the time. I will probably attempt to put it back together with a good epoxy and see if I can make it work. I am curious about his design as I am trying to build a better Carto.

I don't have any malice towards Carlos and I don't think anyone else does either. I think he is a brilliant guy with a good design. The CJB is a fine product that needs a bit of fine tuning in the Quality Control arena. Or at least it did when mine was made. Had he been able to produce these at his leisure, I am sure these kinks would have been worked out. Instead, and for reasons only he knows (perhaps the economy, or loss of a job), these were rushed into production.

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Well said Ralph! I agree with all of it!

Personally, I find inspiration from the top modders (and yes, I consider Carlos' one of them). Now if I had the tools, more talent, and less laziness, I would do more modding myself. But no point in reinventing the wheel. I just wondered what was different about his attys versus stock. Seems the wire gauge is the only significant difference (which I was already planning on using thicker wire for other reasons anyway).

IMO no body slammed Carlos (and certainly not intentionally). The fact that I'm interested it what makes his attys so long lived is a compliment isn't it?

Agree's to alot of it Ralph.

He is also trying to improve it. And now that he has some time to do that.
Hopefully he can make it better for pg Users also.

He has great idea about this unit & I agree its a little too big. But it can work excellent when you get it to your satisfaction.

The nasty flavor I mostly got I believe is my juice.
But when you have people helping you You have no clue what mistakes they make also.
Until you dissect it. & see where the errors are.
I Thought about breaking it down & redoing it. But kinda defeats him learning where he messed up. Or where his ex-workers messed up.

The PG is too thin mainly for the JB So im thinking more of a 80/20 vg/pg mix or pure vg would be best.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Agree's to alot of it Ralph.

He is also trying to improve it. And now that he has some time to do that.
Hopefully he can make it better for pg Users also.

He has great idea about this unit & I agree its a little too big. But it can work excellent when you get it to your satisfaction.

The nasty flavor I mostly got I believe is my juice.
But when you have people helping you You have no clue what mistakes they make also.
Until you dissect it. & see where the errors are.
I Thought about breaking it down & redoing it. But kinda defeats him learning where he messed up. Or where his ex-workers messed up.

The PG is too thin mainly for the JB So im thinking more of a 80/20 vg/pg mix or pure vg would be best.

Carlos is a pioneer. If I was him, I would concentrate on standardizing his production methods to eliminate anomalies like bad epoxy mix or poor battery contact, etc.

The biggest improvement he could make is figuring out how to pre-season the atty. Thats probably the most consistently reported annoyance. Eliminate that and you've got a monster vaping machine without the fuss... right out of the box.

Carlos is a pioneer. If I was him, I would concentrate on standardizing his production methods to eliminate anomalies like bad epoxy mix or poor battery contact, etc.

The biggest improvement he could make is figuring out how to pre-season the atty. Thats probably the most consistently reported annoyance. Eliminate that and you've got a monster vaping machine without the fuss... right out of the box.

Agree's.
Half the issues were from having help do it.

I have 2 different batteries here & they sit differently.
but I know how to solder etc so the box is no issue.

He is definately a Pioneer & proved with time & patience That there is always options for us.
I just found a bottle that fits So I get to play.
Now to resolder the wire I broke off the switch. (My Fault)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread