Status
Not open for further replies.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Here's a couple photos I just took that shows how the different finishes are wearing. Keep in mind that I'm doing my best to keep the Poldiac and Caravela polished, and the sigelei and Sentinel I am leaving to tarnish naturally.

12846193394_9df1fed455_h.jpg

12845778055_cdd56d00ec_h.jpg

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
Here's a couple photos I just took that shows how the different finishes are wearing. Keep in mind that I'm doing my best to keep the Poldiac and Caravela polished, and the sigelei and Sentinel I am leaving to tarnish naturally.

Love the pic!

We have similiar taste as I have the copper ehpro caravela and asmart poldiac clone in the same mixed ss and brass finish.

Cant wait to receive the stingray clone from White Stag Vapor!

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I like Simichrome: http://www.amazon.com/Simichrome-39...TF8&qid=1394246260&sr=8-1&keywords=simichrome

And Cape Cod Polishing Cloths: Amazon.com - Metal Polishing Cloths - Cape Cod - 12 Pack (4" x 6" ea.) - Jewelry Cleaning And Care Products

Remember though, if you're polishing anything with any kind of plating this stuff will polish that plating right the feck off.
So just use soap and warm water on those parts.

What do you guys use to polish brass mods?

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Got my Infinite Stingray in the mail today.

IMG_20140307_185236.jpg

Looks awesome, but the button is super crunchy and I have to put in alot of pressure on it for it to fire. Prob needs to be broken in.

You lucky son of a gun.

I've worked through some serious china neme crunch so I'd not be afraid to buy. Switch post polishing goes a long way to alleviate crunch.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Got my Infinite Stingray in the mail today.

IMG_20140307_185236.jpg

Looks awesome, but the button is super crunchy and I have to put in alot of pressure on it for it to fire. Prob needs to be broken in.

I'll tell you this... that thing looks very close to the real thing. The brass looks a little bit darker, but that could be the lighting or reflection etc.. shame about the switch, hopefully it wears in. Are you going to let it patina? Would be interesting to compare with the original that way.

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
Yesterday I contacted white stag vapor to get more information on the stingray clone estimated ship date. They told me the manufacturer found a flaw in the product and wanted to fix it now rather than later (after we start returning them for being crap) . They told me that they expect China to ship them next week to the store.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
Yesterday I contacted white stag vapor to get more information on the stingray clone estimated ship date. They told me the manufacturer found a flaw in the product and wanted to fix it now rather than later (after we start returning them for being crap) . They told me that they expect China to ship them next week to the store.

Yeah, Thom (whitestag) said something to that effect on FB.
I'm used to waiting forever to get my orders from FT, so not a big deal to me.
Speaking of which - I have a brass one (along with a Panzer clone) coming from FT that should be here by Tuesday (hopefully) - that should keep me happy till whitestag get theirs.
Then I've got 2 other stainless steel models coming from FT too...
Oh, and copper nemesis from vernerable vaping should be here mid week.
OK. I'll shut up now. I know I have a problem.
I'll post up here with pics of my FT brass Stingray once it comes.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
OK. I'll shut up now. I know I have a problem.
I'll post up here with pics of my FT brass Stingray once it comes.

OK. I'll finally admit it. I have a problem too. Thought my wallet was safe for a while. Put the brakes on both FT Stingrays. Good boy am I. But FT raped it yesterday, the Copper and the Aluminum and the Aluminum Nemesiseseses...

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
OK. I'll finally admit it. I have a problem too. Thought my wallet was safe for a while. Put the brakes on both FT Stingrays. Good boy am I. But FT raped it yesterday, the Copper and the Aluminum and the Aluminum Nemesiseseses...

Lmao! I ordered those too :facepalm:

And I'm waiting for the Hades clone group buy.

OMG I need help.

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
I'll tell you this... that thing looks very close to the real thing. The brass looks a little bit darker, but that could be the lighting or reflection etc.. shame about the switch, hopefully it wears in. Are you going to let it patina? Would be interesting to compare with the original that way.

I'll probably let the patina settle in for a week or so but most likely I'll polish it back up since its really quite stunning when its shiny. 18350 mode with a kayfun and the stingray driptip looks freaking sweet.

I'm starting to have a vape hardware buying addiction too lmao I've already got a panzer clone, an ehpro atomic RDA clone, and a tobeco stingray coming in and I'm still looking into the hcigar turtleship v2 and the infinite black copper stingray clone

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Didjoo get the polished, SS dripper one?
I'm kinda waiting on the matte, genny version.....

I need help too. Every time 4thpower posts about a new device I am like "oh, I want that!" and buy it also. Unfortunately my Valkerie clone bottom button hit the floor and warped the threads so I have to decide if I want to pay for another. Which I of course will since I absolutely love it!

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
I need help too. Every time 4thpower posts about a new device I am like "oh, I want that!" and buy it also. Unfortunately my Valkerie clone bottom button hit the floor and warped the threads so I have to decide if I want to pay for another. Which I of course will since I absolutely love it!

Oh that sux man! Sorry to hear that :(
I love mine too. The Valk is def one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread