• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Jesus Died For Your Sins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Jesus Died For Your Sins - Dr. Billy Graham

Question: Why didn't Jesus flee once He knew His enemies were out to get Him, instead of openly appearing in public and almost daring them to arrest Him? This has always puzzled me. - S.B.

Answer: Almost from the beginning of His public ministry Jesus encountered opposition, and eventually, it led to His death. However, during those years He did evade His enemies, because He knew it wasn't God's time for Him to die. On one occasion, He told His disciples, "My time has not yet fully come" (John 7:8).

Why, then, didn't He flee during those final days? The reason is simple: He knew the time had come for Him to die. His death, however, would be no ordinary death, because through His death He would become the final and complete sacrifice for our sins. Jesus didn't come into the world by accident, nor did He die by accident. He came into the world according to God's plan, and His purpose was to provide the way for us to be saved.

You see, only one thing separates us from God, and that is our sin. Our greatest need, therefore, is to have our sins forgiven and cleansed, but how is this possible? The only way is for God to do it, and He made this possible by sending His Son into the world to die for us. The Bible says "This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins" (1 John 4:10).

During this Easter season (it was printed that way), may you face honestly your own need for God's forgiveness. Then may you turn to Christ and by faith trust Him alone for your salvation.
:wub:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Do your realize that by God sending His son into the world. It can be seen clearly that it was the use of Gods FREE WILL that produced AN action of God - sending His son into the world.

How important is our free will?

Look at Revelation 3:16 So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

I see this as free will not being used.

God used His free will and acted on it.
    Jesus used His free will and acted on it.

We have free will now read Revelation 3:16 again.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Do your realize that by God sending His son into the world. It can be seen clearly that it was the use of Gods FREE WILL that produced AN action of God - sending His son into the world.

How important is our free will?

Look at Revelation 3:16 So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

I see this as free will not being used.

God used His free will and acted on it.
    Jesus used His free will and acted on it.

We have free will now read Revelation 3:16 again.

Good point!! Good post, MM!:thumb: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

P.S. Have you ever wondered why I always use 7 bananas? It's God's perfect number!!! :wub:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Good point!! Good post, MM!:thumb: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

P.S. Have you ever wondered why I always use 7 bananas? It's God's perfect number!!! :wub:

Imo

Here something creation wasn't created for God, it was created for us to have and use free will independent of God. God created everything for us and gave it to us, so we could use our free will independent of Him. He relinquished His authority to his children though He has all the power and is able to take charge He won't until we ask Him to. When we accept what Jesus did and confess It, we are the prodigal son who return home and ask our Father to forgiveness us.

Seven bananas

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Imo

Here something creation wasn't created for God, it was created for us to have and use free will independent of God. God created everything for us and gave it to us, so we could use our free will independent of Him. He relinquished His authority to his children though He has all the power and is able to take charge He won't until we ask Him to. When we accept what Jesus did and confess It, we are the prodigal son who return home and ask our Father to forgiveness us.

Seven bananas

I completely agree. Why would He create earth when He has Heaven? I will insert this. When God cleaned house and threw satan and his hoard out.....they landed on earth. BUT, God didn't have to create anything for them. How can you create chaos and bedlam? You don't. They already created that. Almighty God created what we know earth is today for us.....not for anyone else, including Himself.....just US! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    God knew what satan was about to do. It's not in Gods nature to do evil, so God by being God won't create evil and that came from satan. Now satan lost his being and had to go some place physical and that was earth it served two purposes one a place for satan until the end times the other allowed for two choices good or bad (free will). satan got played by God. HA HA. God knew what Eve and Adam was going to do.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    As an incurable Calvinist I'll throw this into the mix .......Adam had free agency/ free will , when he ate the forbidden fruit he brought sin into mankind ......all mankind is bound by sin in his unregennerate state , in other words a slave to sin.....no free will , no ability to do good/ please God....when we are born again we now have free will , we can choose to do good or not ,to walk in the flesh or to walk in the spirit ..........

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    As an incurable Calvinist I'll throw this into the mix .......Adam had free agency/ free will , when he ate the forbidden fruit he brought sin into mankind ......all mankind is bound by sin in his unregennerate state , in other words a slave to sin.....no free will , no ability to do good/ please God....when we are born again we now have free will , we can choose to do good or not ,to walk in the flesh or to walk in the spirit ..........

Haven't seen you in awhile, Doc! How have you been?:)

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Hi saint , sorry haven't contributed in a while .......batteling some major health issues 2 years running........it's amazing how the Lord becomes more real in our lives when we are weak ........he carries us :)

I had a few of those but I a had an all out get together moment with the Lord back in 2003. I was at my ends wits really nothing was going right and I needed help bad real bad and no one could, it wasn't possible. The only thing I could do was cry out and say God I have no idea what to do and I told God I give it all over to you fix it. Things just started to work out a little here and a little there in about week 1 1/2 half 90% was fixed that was at Sept 1, 2003 by Oct 11 it was all fixed, I'm still amazed there was no way it should have worked out for me. God fixed it He really did it - no maybe about it.

It wasn't a money thing.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Hi saint , sorry haven't contributed in a while .......batteling some major health issues 2 years running........it's amazing how the Lord becomes more real in our lives when we are weak ........he carries us :)

So very sorry about your health issues. I am putting you on my perpetual prayer list, until you say your blessings are out weighing your problems!:closedeyes:

You're preaching to the choir, Doc. Have been on disability since 1999. The long list of what I have is not lethal....just annoying and painful. My husband....4 1/2 years ago came down with MRSA and it's been downhill ever since. We're like the blind leading the blind.......physically. It can be challenging.:unsure:

I wish I could say that I would be as close to the Lord if I were physically healed. I would want to be, but I'm just not really sure. If I had a choice of being healed or being close.....I'd pick being close. That doesn't make sense to a healthy person. It makes ALL the sense in the world to me. I can't tell you how shortened my abilities are in comparison to my older sister. She doesn't understand, no matter how hard I try to explain, she doesn't get it. I finally told her the other day, "If you love me, take what I tell you as 100% truth!" You would think that within 22 years next month that I could adequately describe to my sister what is what within that length of time. (You're looking at the math, aren't you. I worked not quite 7 years after I was diagnosed.) I don't have awesome days everyday, but the opportunity is there. Some days completely stink! Some days I cry.:cry: Some days I laugh.:laugh: Some days I cope better than others. But everyday, I can humbly tell you that I am loved by Almighty God and Jesus died for my sins so I could be reconciled to God the Father, and I have anytime communication through the Holy Spirit! :wub:

Doc, your faith will grow, if you desire, because you will depend on God for more and more. Then watch out, your knowledge will increase. Then, the more you are taught, the MORE you want to know.....each new time just blowing your mind! It will blow your mind when God begins to reveal more and more.....and this will amaze the brain because of enormity of the Mind of God. You might sit with your mouth open for 10 minutes or more. THEN, you will type "When we are weak, we become stronger through the power of Jesus Christ!" Hallelujah! Amein!

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Read what Jesus said in Matthew 18:3 then Matthew 19:14

I've come to realize that Jesus was saying we need to empty out all the understanding on what life is that we've learned during the years and be as a child that has entered into this world and listen to what His saying for it is not of this world but Spiritual words and teaching that we have to learn that will bring us to trusting God as Jesus trusted the Father. I've learned from my experience of 2003 how to much more trust God than I did before that. I still have my hard times with that trust but no where near as much as I did before. Really if I can communicate one message after the the message of Jesus it is trust more in God and you'll hear, understand and speak to Him like you never thought was possible. God wants one thing from us and it the same thing He wanted from Adam and Eve trust in Him, trust Him. The more we learn to trust God the less we need to be thought and the more we will hear and see Him.

PS. Jesus enter into this world as a child and had to learn to trust the Father. By the time He was thirdy and started preaching on God He fully understood trust and was able to plainly talk and hear from God that He knew what was the Fathers will and not only was willing to do it but completed it. Jesus was lacking nothing and 100% healthy have you read once where Jesus came down with a cold or had any pain other then when His time came and yes He trusted the Father even during the lyies said, beatings, people rejectioning Him and on the cross..

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Thank you so much guys , your words of encouragement and scripture are an encouragement to me .........yes it has brought me closer to him , it seems when things are going well by the world's standards we take for granted our dependence on Him.......

Many people will say, "My life is awesome as it is.....why do I need God? I have an article that I want to post, but tonight is not the night. I've tried some housekeeping today and my body is on strike!! That's why I'm not on the board as much as I would love to be. C'est la vie! I've read the book of Job many times. Revelation is my favorite Book, but Matthew is my favorite Gospel. And, I just can't help but love Simon Peter. Now that's a man who had a perpetual foot in mouth problem....like me.....or I'm like him! The chicken came before the egg!

It's tough for a man to be sick for they don't want to go to the doctor, then once they are there, they don't tell the full story. They don't want to appear weak and they know they have to take care of their family. That's a lot of pressure added on top of being sick. I can only sympathize....my husband can empathize.

We are here for you in any way you need. I'm praying for you everyday, and that is the truth! :) Don't be such a stranger here....you're always welcome!:wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread