Joe tech AIO coild

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Glenn j, Jun 16, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Glenn j

Glenn j Senior Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Hi all
    Does anyone find that the coils in joyetechs ego AIO burn out quiet quickly. I do anyway and wondered does anyone else find this. I would only use it at night and the morning for a good 18mg nice hit.probably aswell I don't use it often!

2. ShannonA

ShannonA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2011
    Tyler, Tx
    I'm not sure what quickly is by today's standards. Mine is going on week 3 and working fine. I'm vaping a zero nic light colored juice that isn't very sweet. I'm not sure what the pg/vg ratio is as they don't list it. I don't use it heavy but I have been a bit heavier on it the last couple days. Are you priming it properly and giving it a chance to wick before using it?

Glenn j and Eskie like this.
  3. Glenn j

Glenn j Senior Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Hi ShannonA
    I do drip about 8 drop of liquid into the tank and us 40vg/60pg in it cola flavour. When I get a burnt taste I drop some more juice down the centre. I have other devices for during the day.

4. ShannonA

Mar 15, 2011
    Tyler, Tx
    Do you wait a little bit before vaping on it? How many has this happened with?

Glenn j likes this.
  5. Glenn j

Glenn j Senior Member

Apr 21, 2017
    To be honest I don't leave it long enough probably. I'd say I've gone through 5-6 in 2 months. Must leave it soak longer

6. ShannonA

Mar 15, 2011
    Tyler, Tx
    It could possibly be the juice too dark/sweet juices wear on the coils more than light juices.

7. Glenn j

Glenn j Senior Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Thanks for the advice Shannon

8. Imfallen_Angel

Imfallen_Angel Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    8 drops in the tank???

You should fill your tank completely and never let it dry out.

9. Glenn j

Glenn j Senior Member

Apr 21, 2017
    8 drops into centre of coil.

10. Glenn j

Glenn j Senior Member

Apr 21, 2017
    It's 8 drops into the coil. Wrong term I used.use a bit of common sense.I know the tank has to be filled to the line as suggested

11. Imfallen_Angel

Imfallen_Angel Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    ok... then,

To prime properly, a few drops in the middle might not cut it. Close the airflow and such a few times on it without firing it. The goal is to saturate the wick.

But from what you're saying (getting times where you fell that you need to add more in the middle), that shouldn't be required is it's wicking right.

Your liquid might be to thick, too full of sweeteners and clogging it up very quickly.

But instead of opening and dropping more, just the close-airflow/suck should absolutely work as get your coil full again.

Glenn j likes this.
  12. Continuity

Continuity Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2015
    Manchester, UK
    What does that mean?

If you're getting a 'burnt' taste (as opposed to a 'wispy' taste), then you've probably already ruined the wicking in that coil.

13. Glenn j

Glenn j Senior Member

Apr 21, 2017
    it means exactly as it says Shannon. I'd rather not get into controversial discussions. Your question suggests I don't know what I'm talking about (thats how I see it)I've been vaping 5 years and never heard of "wispy " taste. Maybe you could explain that. Thanks

14. Continuity

Continuity Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2015
    Manchester, UK
    It's self-descriptive - 'wispy' implies 'not all there', 'weak' - like you get with a dripper when it's about to run out of juice, but not so far as to be firing a coil on a bone-dry wick.

You know - as opposed to *burning*.

What's 'controversial', BTW?

djsvapour likes this.