Johnson Creek Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Bullette, the Johnson Creek fan-dog here.

If you order 3 bottles, they automatically take a 10% discount at checkout. Also free shipping. That purdy-much takes care of the price issues mentioned here.

I trust Johnson Creek's quality control. And I also trust their website security. Nuff said.

vape on. Woof!

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
IMO, JC is way overrated and extremely overpriced at $11 for a small 15 mL...I believe Mt baker vapor.com (MBV) Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, USA made E Juice, and Accessories is a much better flavor and for the same $11, I can buy 50 ML...and MBV also throws in a free 15ML sample of another flavor most all the time..

That's who I ordered from, after someone here turned me on to them. Their prices are reasonable, they have a good assortment, and I can order the PG/VG percentage that suits me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've ordered from both Mt. Baker and Johnson Creek this week.

I already know JC's quality is good. I've vaped some of their Domestic and it's good stuff.

The only hesitation I had about ordering from Mt. Baker is that very few of their tobacco flavors get consistently high reviews and quite a few of them get awful reviews. Still, for the price I'm giving'em a shot.

One other thing that bugged me about Mt. Baker is that their site won't take a debit card number. I have a throwaway debit card that I have backed with a throwaway Visa credit card that I fund from an completely unconnected account. I do that for unknown online vendors because if the debit card number gets compromised, it goes to a black hole with a zero balance and zero credit limit. [/spook]

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
I've ordered from both Mt. Baker and Johnson Creek this week.

I already know JC's quality is good. I've vaped some of their Domestic and it's good stuff.

The only hesitation I had about ordering from Mt. Baker is that very few of their tobacco flavors get consistently high reviews and quite a few of them get awful reviews. Still, for the price I'm giving'em a shot.

One other thing that bugged me about Mt. Baker is that their site won't take a debit card number. I have a throwaway debit card that I have backed with a throwaway Visa credit card that I fund from an completely unconnected account. I do that for unknown online vendors because if the debit card number gets compromised, it goes to a black hole with a zero balance and zero credit limit. [/spook]

I do that exact same thing! :eek:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.

Confusednoobie

Jun 9, 2013
NM
ok just to clear the air you can use almost any ecig liquid in almost any ecig
That is the kind of thing I am still trying to sort out- I want SIMPLE though, so I just bought the VEA kit so I am starting with the JC line for now- mostly for their quality assurance (unless that is more hype than fact). I actually would have preferred BLU- cigarette sized and prefilled carts are perfect for a low user such as myself but the reviews consistently said not much vapor. Flavor and vapor is what I am after. I don't want nicotine. I tried a BLU disposable in classic tobacco and loved it- but they do not take returns. So I went with the GS kit as my first. GS was perfect in every way but PG based carts. I loved the kit but had to send it back due to some pretty serious side effects I experienced. Everything from headaches to nausea to muscle cramps to body aches to stomach pain, ........ and chest pain. Hoping for better results with VG. So far so good.

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN
I love the Vanda, and I add a few drops of distilled water to thin it out, so it wont burn up the coils or clog. I find it works great in a protank, but the vivi nova struggles with it. Its a nice, smooth vanilla with a classic taste. Of all the Vanillas I have tried, its still my go to all day vape. I keep trying other vanilla flavors from other vendors, but they just arent that good.............almost like vaping air.

Anybody have any experience running these through a Halo Triton? I got some of these (and some Mt Baker Vapors to compare) but I also ordered a Vea so I'll probably just smoke these with that.

I have the Triton Variable voltage. And I vape a lot JC juices in it. I only vape VG and JC juices can be hard on cartos. But they are great in the Halo tanks, the juice is warm and moist. I have the Vea also and it produces a very dry vape(not to my liking). Love Domestic, Tennessee Cured, Vanda and Island. And with the variable voltage you can the sweetspot for each juice so each vape is perfect. JC is top quality and worth the $

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
I too am a JC fanboy I guess. I started with the Blu and then went to the Vea. I can't do 100 pg so I use their Red Oak line juices. Everything I tried from them has been good to great except the Swiss Dark. Tasted like burnt pop-corn to me. Recently I've moved on from the Vea to a couple of 1000mah Ego Twists and CE3 clearo's. I started using the low ohm clearo's on the Vea batteries and they just didn't give me enough 'oomph' but after going from carto's to clearo's I was hooked. Figured it was time to switch to VV.
You can try other 510 cartos on the Vea batteries. What JC told me was anything between 1.7-2.4 ohms will work fine and they were right. One thing though, when I tried out cheaper Boge and Smoktech carto's they did stretch out the threading a bit on the batteries and they didn't taste as good. I dunno what JC does with the version 2 cartos but the flavor you get from them is outstanding imo.
I've tried a lot of different vendors and none of them quite satisfied me the way the JC flavors do. Of course taste is very subjective and YYMV. RO Tenn. Cured, Marcado and Vanda are my regular vapes and I usually order a smaller 15ml bottle of something different each month just to switch it up. Silverthorn is getting some serious attention right now and just might make my 'A' list.
Good luck on your journey! :toast:

jimbol

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Southern Maryland
I still use Blu at work, those flavors are a lot more mild/muted than JC's Red Oak line in my opinion. I prefer VG only so JC was a natural. Although I did try a couple that had PG. I don't like all their flavors but everybody's tastebuds are different. Go for sample bottles at first just to see what works for you. I've tried a variety of brands but JC is my main supplier. I use their Vea equipment and have had great luck with it. No worries. The quality is the best I've come across and the service is outstanding. I wish they were a bit cheaper but overall I'm very pleased.

HDVaper

Ultra Super Senior Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
www.oktom.com
i personally did not like any of the johnson creek flavors.. they all tasted too harsh and "burnt" to me.. i ended up giving away the sample packs i bought

I completely agree. The absolute worst juice I ever tried. I ordered some JC Original and Tennessee Cured and dumped them both down the drain. I'm just glad that I didn't try them from the first day or I'd probably still be smoking analogs!!! I must have missed "something" when I tried them because they were both terrible. However...the each his own, they just weren't for me.

Confusednoobie

Jun 9, 2013
NM
Overall I think JC is pretty good juice, and their shipping time has always been exceptional.

I use only 100% VG or high VG, and I've tried about everything in JC's Red Oak line. All have been good and very vape-worthy with a few exceptions - Valencia, smelled great in the bottle, but I can't tell you how it vapes because I never got it to vape no matter what I tried, NEVER; Silverthorn, really tastes like pipe tobacco, just not my thing, but I can how others might love it; Vanda, tastes good, smells great, VERY, VERY, VERY THICK, thickest juice I have ever used, nothing else even compares in this regard.

I love Tennessee Cured. Island is another favorite, might not be great for everybody as it is strong on the coconut. Ranier has the potential to be really good with a long steep time, hated it at first and set my bottle aside, but tried again two months or so later and couldn't put it down.

I don't have any problems recommending JC to anybody, price is higher than some other places, but overall a good product.
Well I guess you were lucky. I am 3 weeks into using a VEA and I am not that impressed. The initial filling is fine but the 3.0 cartomizers leak on refilling and the flavors seems to degrade quickly into a chemical, burnt, medicinal nasty taste on the refills. I am surprised at how many positive reviews they get because I am having a hard time finding a flavor with consistent good taste. Tundra is the best so far. Solstice started out great but now tastes like paint thinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread