Johnson Creek Smoke Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mEtoke2

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
I have had the JC non PG (Vegetable Glycerin) Tennessee Cured. No shortage of vapor at all. I would even say that it produces a hint more than the PG. As for taste difference, if I was blind folded, I would not be able to tell the two apart.

My only peve with JC right now is the viscosity of their fluid. I wish it was a little thicker. If I leave my e-cig laying on its side for a while I get some leakage. I think a little thicker fluid (like Janty) would also have a better or steadyer flow to the atomizer. I always have to keep my JC carts topped off to get the best flow.

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
I have had the JC non PG (Vegetable Glycerin) Tennessee Cured. No shortage of vapor at all. I would even say that it produces a hint more than the PG. As for taste difference, if I was blind folded, I would not be able to tell the two apart.

My only peve with JC right now is the viscosity of their fluid. I wish it was a little thicker. If I leave my e-cig laying on its side for a while I get some leakage. I think a little thicker fluid (like Janty) would also have a better or steadyer flow to the atomizer. I always have to keep my JC carts topped off to get the best flow.

Hello mEtoke2:

I agree with what you said about the viscosity of their liquid. It seems too thin, not thick enough to sufficiently coat and adhere to the atomizer. I believe it bleeds right past the atomizer; then you need to blow/clear out the atomizer if you keep adding more.

And I have tried both PG and non-PG and do not feel the difference either. You may be right about getting a little extra vapor with the non, though.

Where would one get their hands on some glycerin, and wouldn't that dilute the nicotine strength if I were to add it?

Last edited:

SmokingInTexas

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2008
Texas, USA
I picked up a bottle of Humco Glycerin at my local Wal-Mart (There is a post hear about with a pic, search for "Glycerin"). I'll be honest, haven't used it much at all because I am in a "Learning" phase with all of this, and I was worried I might gunk up my atomizer, but I did add it to some juice, and once even put a drop right on the top of a cartridge.

It didn't apear to have any adverse effect, and I did notice a slight increase in the vapor level, so I imagine if you didn't go overboard, it would probably be fine for thickening up a mix.

And most important, didn't appear to harm the atomizer and non of my appendages fell off. That was good too, cause I need some of them to hold my e-cig. :D

Tex

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
Hi Tex:

Please let us know in the long run how you make out with your glycerin. After I read the thread on glycerin, I'm now afraid to use it orally.

I think the best thing to do is to have our nicotine e-liquid and/or cartridges lab-tested and an opinion rendered by a professional lab to see exactly what the constituents and percentages thereof are and whether or not they are "safe." I wonder how expensive that can be!

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
i couldnt give you a figure off hand marion,it always depends on exactly how many and what tests need to be carried out...

in order to fully test eliquid,and draw any meaningful conclusions,it would require a battery of tests,none of which are cheap...and even then,an independent lab couldnt really say it was completely safe to inhale anyway,as no long term medical studies have been done to show that the main vapour producer (PG or VG) is actually safe to inhale hundreds of times a day for an extended period...and god knows what else is in eliquid.

in short,it would be expensive to get any meaningful testing done...so im afraid we need to trust our big ecig suppliers on this one,and let them get the tests done for us,and hopefully give us full disclosure...after that,its up to ourselves to decide what to do.

SmokingInTexas

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2008
Texas, USA
I know all the facts aren't in on e-cig, BUT, I do know the results for smoking real cigarettes. I'll take my chances. But this needs to be VERY clear... If a single body part falls off...I will try and smoke the e-cig a little less. :cry:

I went back and re-read the entire thread, and still didn't see anything there that scares me too much, but we all must do what feels comfortable and safe for ourselves (And, I don't have any appreciable experience with this, just passing on info found elsewhere) :)

I feel a great deal healthier already. Now what I need is e-Southern-Comfort (better for my e-liver)

Tex

mEtoke2

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
marian said:
Where would one get their hands on some glycerin, and wouldn't that dilute the nicotine strength if I were to add it?

Hi marian,

I'm with you. Not hot about diluting. I want all the nic I can get. I'm waiting for Pillbox to open his U.S. website so I can get a hold of some Wicked 36. Would like to put some curl in my straight hair! :shock:

Rorschach

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
New York, NY
I know all the facts aren't in on e-cig, BUT, I do know the results for smoking real cigarettes. I'll take my chances. But this needs to be VERY clear... If a single body part falls off...I will try and smoke the e-cig a little less. :cry:

I went back and re-read the entire thread, and still didn't see anything there that scares me too much, but we all must do what feels comfortable and safe for ourselves (And, I don't have any appreciable experience with this, just passing on info found elsewhere) :)

I feel a great deal healthier already. Now what I need is e-Southern-Comfort (better for my e-liver)

Tex

HAHAH!!! for me it's Jim Beam

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
i couldnt give you a figure off hand marion,it always depends on exactly how many and what tests need to be carried out...

in order to fully test eliquid,and draw any meaningful conclusions,it would require a battery of tests,none of which are cheap...and even then,an independent lab couldnt really say it was completely safe to inhale anyway,as no long term medical studies have been done to show that the main vapour producer (PG or VG) is actually safe to inhale hundreds of times a day for an extended period...and god knows what else is in eliquid.

in short,it would be expensive to get any meaningful testing done...so im afraid we need to trust our big ecig suppliers on this one,and let them get the tests done for us,and hopefully give us full disclosure...after that,its up to ourselves to decide what to do.

Hi Mr. Darcy:

Thank you for your reply. You are right about all of the above, and these things do worry me. We do have a University of California that has a well-known science lab in my vicinity. Perhaps they'd be interested in researching this for us. It wouldn't be a clincal trial, but at least we could figure out what is really in our e-liquid and cartridges.

Personally I think it's just pepper or Tobasco Sauce, enough to give you the appropriate level of a nicotine-like sensation (throat hit) for concentrations of 6 mg, 12 mg, and/or 18 mg. To me, it would be cost-prohibitive cultivating tobacco and extracting the nicotine constituent. Much easier using pepper or even trace amounts of battery acid. Yikes!!!

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
Hi Mr. Darcy:

Thank you for your reply. You are right about all of the above, and these things do worry me. We do have a University of California that has a well-known science lab in my vicinity. Perhaps they'd be interested in researching this for us. It wouldn't be a clincal trial, but at least we could figure out what is really in our e-liquid and cartridges.

Personally I think it's just pepper or Tobasco Sauce, enough to give you the appropriate level of a nicotine-like sensation (throat hit) for concentrations of 6 mg, 12 mg, and/or 18 mg. To me, it would be cost-prohibitive cultivating tobacco and extracting the nicotine constituent. Much easier using pepper or even trace amounts of battery acid. Yikes!!!

In the sellers section pillboxs wiked juice has the ingredients posted which has pepper as one of the items, so you hit the button :)

Materiel component list
序号
/NO. 主要成分
/MAIN INGRENDIENTS NAME 含量/CONTENT CAS No.
1 香料烟净油/Orient Tobacco Absolute 1% Natural From Tobacco
2 芫荽油/ Coriandrum sativum Oil 1% Natural From Coriandrum sativum
3 天然烟碱/L-Nicotine 高

无  2.5 %
 1.4 %
 1.1 %
 0 % 54-11-5
4 花椒油/Pepper Oil
1% Natural From Pepper
5 薄荷醇/ Menthol
1% 89-78-1
6 愈创木酚/P-Guaiacol 1% 90-05-1