JonboyUSMC's Lava Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonboyusmc

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
Illinois
I've been thinking about making the tanks a little more unique, so they don't get confused with the other CE2 tanks out there. Here's a sample list of the materials that I can get ahold of. What do you think of making the caps out of these? I will also be making the top cap slightly taller, to accommodate the variation in drip tips out there, as suggested to me. On a side note, I forgot to tell you that any liquid that you see in your tanks when you get them, is 100% VG. I use a little of it during assembly just the help things go together easier. Let me know what you think of the sample materials.

Jon

basscase

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Florida
Lurking a little, but loving the build and now possible end cap changes. The material colors look great, and would highly advise the option of these colors. I have been looking into a bottom fender mod, as I am a truck driver and need all day vaping in a one and done unit. Heck, I could get a vv tube mod and 3 of these for the price of the bottom feeder. Nice work, and I will be making some decisions really soon. Heck, I might have to have one for my ego anyway. Course then I will have an excuse for buying a mod that will last till the end of the juice. Can someone say Helix:p:facepalm:?

Last edited:

spike39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Colorado
JonBoyUSMC tank filled with BWB Ry4 on my brand new Alpha.

Alpha_JonBoy.jpg

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma
Jon, I really like the looks of the sample materials that you showed. If you make the end caps the same size as the ones you are doing now, I'd be interested. Also thanks for listening to suggestions from the buyers (about making the end cap to fit the drip tips). That is a sign of a supplier that cares about his customers and their suggestions.

And basscase, this tank holds alot of juice!! Unless you are a really, really heavy vaper, then one tank might just last a full day. I use mine on a provari with a 18490 battery which lasts me from 7 to 9 hours and can go thru 2 batteries without having to refill. Also, the thing that makes this tank different from the map tanks is that you can lay them on their side without the leaking and flooding issues. I really like that aspect of the jonboy tank.

Last edited:

jonboyusmc

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
Illinois
Damn, that big ol' tank even looks good on an Alpha Spike!!! Rob and Chad make some of the most durable mods out there. I wish they would come out with a VV mod. It would be "game over". I've put my SB through hell and back and it still works great. Thanks for the feedback ksmith, it's been noted and the blueprint revised because of your suggestion. I'm down to the last 2 now, so if you're interested in getting one, PM me. It'll be a couple of weeks before I can get some more made. If anyone is wondering how to get the top off,a butter knife works great and if you slip, you won't cut your thumb like I did with my pocket knife. LOL!!!!

spike39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Colorado
Damn, that big ol' tank even looks good on an Alpha Spike!!! Rob and Chad make some of the most durable mods out there. I wish they would come out with a VV mod. It would be "game over". I've put my SB through hell and back and it still works great. ... If anyone is wondering how to get the top off,a butter knife works great and if you slip, you won't cut your thumb like I did with my pocket knife. LOL!!!!

yeh.. the juice reservoir will last me about 5 days, I'm sure.. lol. I'm lovin' the simplicity of the Alpha. And I have CE2s over 2 mos old with only half a dozen cleanings. My top slipped right off with just my fingernail when I got it <shrug>

basscase

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Florida
Jon, I really like the looks of the sample materials that you showed. If you make the end caps the same size as the ones you are doing now, I'd be interested. Also thanks for listening to suggestions from the buyers (about making the end cap to fit the drip tips). That is a sign of a supplier that cares about his customers and their suggestions.

And basscase, this tank holds alot of juice!! Unless you are a really, really heavy vaper, then one tank might just last a full day. I use mine on a provari with a 18490 battery which lasts me from 7 to 9 hours and can go thru 2 batteries without having to refill. Also, the thing that makes this tank different from the map tanks is that you can lay them on their side without the leaking and flooding issues. I really like that aspect of the jonboy tank.

Well, I am a heavy vaper, and ran through nearly 8ml just today. But I quit a 2.5 pack a day habit 9 weeks ago, so I am still dealing with that part, and the monotony of being a long haul truck driver. So I vape more than I should, and am dripping as we speak. :p

The tank is a great idea, though with standard xl ce2's at 2.6ohm I still burn a lot of juice. That is the only thing that worried me about the tank. Got a fresh ten ce2's from GV, and the first day was burning juice on 5 of them. Damn thick coffee and cafe mocha VG from V4L is thick as molasses, but too tasty to wait till I park to drip. Will have to thin the stuff, I know. I am really tempted at.this point, just been thinking bottom feeder as.well.

BTW, how is the provari working for you? Have been following It for a little while, and I am impressed... a little pricey, but isn't all new technology. Any issues?

Thanks.

Last edited:

jonboyusmc

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
Illinois
5 volts a 2.7ohm atty puts you at roughly 9.5 watts. My personal sweet spot is around 8.5 watts. So it may be too much IF you just keep the fire button pressed down. If you pulse it, 2 seconds, 2 seconds off, you'll keep from getting the atty too hot. You would be better off with a higher ohm CE2 in the future. I just wanted to send these out with the latest revision 5 wicks.

Super nice easy to fill. One question?I only have 1 mod it fits its a 5vt is that ok or to high?

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
5 volts a 2.7ohm atty puts you at roughly 9.5 watts. My personal sweet spot is around 8.5 watts. So it may be too much IF you just keep the fire button pressed down. If you pulse it, 2 seconds, 2 seconds off, you'll keep from getting the atty too hot. You would be better off with a higher ohm CE2 in the future. I just wanted to send these out with the latest revision 5 wicks.

TY
Just wanted to make sure I didn't ruin it.

ksmith

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Colcord, Oklahoma
Well, I am a heavy vaper, and ran through nearly 8ml just today. But I quit a 2.5 pack a day habit 9 weeks ago, so I am still dealing with that part, and the monotony of being a long haul truck driver. So I vape more than I should, and am dripping as we speak. :p

The tank is a great idea, though with standard xl ce2's at 2.6ohm I still burn a lot of juice. That is the only thing that worried me about the tank. Got a fresh ten ce2's from GV, and the first day was burning juice on 5 of them. Damn thick coffee and cafe mocha VG from V4L is thick as molasses, but too tasty to wait till I park to drip. Will have to thin the stuff, I know. I am really tempted at.this point, just been thinking bottom feeder as.well.

BTW, how is the provari working for you? Have been following It for a little while, and I am impressed... a little pricey, but isn't all new technology. Any issues?

Thanks.

Basscase, I see your point, if your vaping that much, but there is a easy solution. Buy 2 tanks ;-). I'm sure jonboy will not mind :p. I have a total of three tanks (2 map tanks and 1 jonboy tank) that I fill with different flavors. That way if I start getting tired of one flavor, all I have to do is unscrew it and screw another one on and they will last me a loooooooooong time.

As far as the provari goes, this thing is worth every cent I paid for it!!!!! I really being able to dial it in to the perfect sweet spot and it is super easy to change the settings, as the ohm rating is a little different in all three of my tanks. I have been very happy with it and don't feel the need to use anything else. With you being a long haul truck driver, I might suggest buying the vehicle charging adapter if you ever decide to buy one. That's what I did and went with the standard 18490 batteries. I am getting from 7 to 10 hours on a fully charged battery and have the second battery in the charger with me when making long trips.

JonahNM

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
New Mexico
www.vapor-age.com
I came home from vacation to 2 of JonBoy's Tanks in my mailbox, and they rock. I filled them when I got them stuck one on my Provari at 4.2V and set one on its side. This morning I finished vaping the first one, 2 18650 bats later, and the second one had not flooded or leaked. The results are in no dry hits, no leaking, and it vapes the whole tank. If you are thinking of getting a tank mod this is the one to get. Thanks Jonboy you made a tank I like better than the map quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread