Joye Stick V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2009
Johannesburg, South Africa
My GF and I have had the Janty Stick V2 since Oct 09 and they have performed flawlessly through heavy daily use. With teh switches starting to get a little soft and worn, I decided to order 2 V3 bodies from HC in January. The service was great and I loved the V3 while it lasted....first of all, my GF's unit had a problem with the USB connection so it wouldn't charge unless you put pressure on the cable at a specific point. This obviously doesn't work 'cos it stops charging when you put it down :(. I contacted HC and they are sending a replacement (hopefully now that the holidays are over in China :)).

Unfortunately, this last weekend, my V3 decided to develop a problem with the switch. I thought it might be flooded (possibly is) but blowing didn't help much. I even tried leaving it in the sun for an hour or so (without the battery) to try and dry it out. Every now and then it fires up but doesn't switch off and no matter what I try, i can't get it right.

We are now both back on the trusty V2's while I wait for HC to send replacements for BOTH V3 bodies....I still love the unit, but after the fault-free operation of the V2 over the past 4 months, I am a little disappointed in the V3 :(

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
I drip with my v2 because I cannot get any of my 801 atties to wick properly and I get some liquid on the connector quite often but I use a q-tip to sop it up. So far my switch still works but I have heard warning that it can make the switch break prematurely. My switch doesn't always work flawlessly...but it does still work. With proper maintenance you can drip them. I hope you get your replacement v3s soon and please let us know how it works out for you. I was thinking of upgrading soon (hoping the whole dripping might break the switch problem would be remedied).

gymmiller

Oct 19, 2009
Kissimmee, FL
I have 2 V2's and a V3. Of those 3 801 attys, 1 is awesome (great throat and vapor) and 2 are a waste of good e-juice! I have converted all 3 sticks to 510's and find them equally effective. My only note of caution would be to keep them dry. The sticks don't seem too well protected against flooding. One of my V2's electronics went crazy, but returned to normal after I dried it out. The 510 adapters tend to 'corral' errant juice. (ditto for 901 adapters)

I'm noticing a recurring theme here and in other threads concerning various products. We seem to be judging the delivery system (the 'body') based on the performance of a particular atty. In my experience, (reasonable, but not immense) , the 'body', assuming that all are 3.7 volts, (V2, V3, Screwdriver, DSE905, etc.) is seldom a factor. The quality control of the atty's tends to vary...a LOT! :mad:

I'd rate received atty's: (pretty much independent of the source)
510 - 80% decent
901 - 70-75% decent
801 - 33% decent! (sample size of 3...I'll keep trying! :oops:)

Bottom line, if you've got a decently performing atty/cart combo of any type, it'll work fine in any system. All you're really doing is getting a handier package with greater battery capacity. :p

djrms357

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
dont know if anyone is even posting on this anymore but ill try. i just ordered my joye stick v3 and had some questions (I'm really new to vaping) the unit comes with attys i think 302's if I'm correct and i got it from health cabin but there are no adopters to change the atty to a 510,901 etc but Ive been reading that a 801 atty will drop right in and work? if i go to janty's site they got adopters that drop in and then you can use different attys will the janty adopters work in the joye stick v3 as well? sorry guys i'm really new to this but want to quit real cigs and want to give this a try so any help would be greatly appreciated.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
dont know if anyone is even posting on this anymore but ill try. i just ordered my joye stick v3 and had some questions (I'm really new to vaping) the unit comes with attys i think 302's if I'm correct and i got it from health cabin but there are no adopters to change the atty to a 510,901 etc but Ive been reading that a 801 atty will drop right in and work? if i go to janty's site they got adopters that drop in and then you can use different attys will the janty adopters work in the joye stick v3 as well? sorry guys i'm really new to this but want to quit real cigs and want to give this a try so any help would be greatly appreciated.

You're correct about the Stick coming with 302 attys. The Janty adapters will work fine, but they're a bit higher priced than the ones from Heaven-Gifts. Health Cabin has the 510 adapters listed under the "adapter" section of their website as well...

Your mileage with 801 attys may vary. I haven't had any problems myself but some have reported that their 801 attys don't work with the Joye Stick. Heaven-Gifts has a note about the problem here, as well as suggested steps to try and correct the problem. If you don't want to use an adapter or take a chance with the 801's, I'd suggest just buying 302 attys and using them. :)

djrms357

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
OK i think i get it now...that 510 adopter just screws into the bottom of a 510 atty then i drop it into the stick? cause i saw that on health cabin but didn't understand what it was. so you think the 302 attys are just fine? cause i saw some vids that grimgreen saying that they kinda suck but the stick was good and i should get be112 attys. Im
just confused with all this stuff. I want a good device that will give a good throat hit and good vapor and something that will last kinda long. One more thing iv been searching for a post or thread about what to do when you put in a brand new atty. Like drip on first to get it started or whatever cause i don't want to pop a atty cause i didn't do the right thing first. Thanks again BanjoMan!!! :)

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Atty choice is a pretty subjective thing. The 302 will provide vapor, but to me it's cooler and less flavorable than the 510 or 901. My advice would be to get the adapters and a few different attys and try them for yourself to see what you like.

As far as brand new attys go, just blow them out to get the primer fluid mostly out of them then add 2-3 drops of e-juice before you throw the cart on and start using them. Keep them wet but don't drown them.

djrms357

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
OK guys got 1 more question for you Ive been reading that unprotected batteries can explode and i ordered the Joye stick v3 what kind of battery comes with that? if the are unprotected should i not use them? should i get protected batteries instead? cause just my luck ill use them and die from that and not from real cigs lol. thanks

Guessologist

Feb 7, 2010
Australia
Just a quick question (which is unfortunately pretty subjective), having just recieved a V3 and breaking it in for my old man who is currently PV-illiterate. How long are people going between having to refill the cart with reasonably heavy usage? My experience is limited to the 510, and I have immediately yanked out the polyfill and installed a spring mod (I'm using a variant with foam within the spring as well). I filled the cartridge to within about half a cm of the top and went dry in about half an hour. My working theory is that since the cart is much bigger than the 510, I'm using a greater thickness of foam which has reduced it's relative wicking capability. I suspect that now the foam is wet with liquid, I will get a much longer time on my second go.

By the way, this thing owns pretty hard and I'm vaping myself into a headache rather quickly with my new 24mg liquids. My only sook would be that the vapour from the 302 atty is cooler than the 510. Do the carts that come with it have a specific model name? I'm unfamiliar with the pen style gear.

edit: no joy(e) with my second go, retreating to standard polyfill for the minute.

Last edited:

wolfiebeast

Jan 22, 2010
Alabama
I was thinking the same thing about the bigger cart on the V3 being able to last longer. I found that it seemed to leak a lot. I ended up putting the adapter on it and going back to the 510 carts. No more leaks. On a side note my joye v3 is three weeks old and the switch is messing up really bad. Have to push it about four times to get it to come on. Sure hope my replacement does not come with any problems.

Nietzsc

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
México
Hi all
A little help here as my eyes are getting crossed from reading with no straight answer. My stick V3 will work great if I drip, but I didn't get it for that. The cart never seems to use any liquid. This is driving me crazy. 5 hits, take cart off, add 2 drops and repeat. Any suggestions.

Hi Smurf, which atty are you using? 801? cause the stick is fabricated to use this atty (or a BE112). My experience with penstyle atty is that they are bad at wicking when it comes to cartridge and I didn't find the answer in any cart mod that I tried, so maybe you should get an adapter and use it with a 510 or a 901 (I don't know if the stick can be used with a cartomizer)

hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread