Jan 18, 2016​

Method used when initiating complaint with retailer
    Email​

Ticket number (if you were issued one)
    None​

General nature of complaint
    Defective or wrong product​

Briefly describe your problem or issue
    So I buy a joyetech mod, knowing that they advertise 'first-class customer service'. 1 day before my warranty expires my firing button intermittently starts to automatically fire whenever it wants. So I open a support ticket with China after my local B&M says too bad. Here's where it slowly goes downhill really badly.

1. Send video of problem. - Which I finally do. It is intermittent, so setup camera, start video, insert battery, no problem, remove battery, stop video. Rinse and repeat till problem occurs, and another coil gets ruined.
    2. Send photo of serial number, receipt of purchase, and photo of authenticity sticker. - Which I do.
    3. Fill out form explaining problem, and all the info they have in photos. - Which I do.

Now the kickers, after all that BS.

They ask, am i now willing to send the unit to a California distributor to verify the problem, where I pay for shipping BOTH WAYS? Oh, and fill out my details again on this new form. Are they serious? This should be destroyed as it's really not usable, and another sent on their dime. By the time I do that, shipping alone is half the cost of the unit.

Sure sucks to be me, but lesson learned. Buy American when you can. A few dollars saved is better than the hassles if you have an issue. No language issues, much fewer hassles, no 12 hour time difference.

Amazon has a return envelope at my door quicker than i can blink if I have a problem.

I had another American product malfunction, where I sent in my CC info, they shipped a new unit overnight with a return envelope, and on receipt of the defective unit, threw away my CC info as it was only needed if I didn't return the old defective unit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread