Joyetech Cubis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigz

Apr 6, 2016
I'm using my cubis for a month now and its doing fine for me.. this is what i do for gurgling

First i use my extra driptip and covered the tip with plastic wrap

IMG_2084.jpg

and put it on the top of the cubis like this

IMG_2086.jpg

filled my tank

IMG_2087.jpg

before screwing the top.. and after that i remove the driptip with plastic and put the original, no flooding/gurgling, no dry hits just smooth vape all day long, i did'nt do any priming either, tried it with 70VG/30PG and 50/50 and everythings fine.. i use it on 1.5 coil @ 14watts .. and the flavors good.

IMG_2083.jpg

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I'm glad all of you are enjoying your mouth to lung experiences with your Cubis two days in and with plastic wrap fixes but IMHO and for me the two Cubis tanks and rba sections and weeks I spent on that thing are still the worst waste of time and money I've expended since I started vaping.

For anyone who loves it, seriously, good for you. And I don't mean that sarcastically. I'm glad you like yours. I just have to think that anyone who actually thinks that thing produces a good vape with good flavor hasn't tried any REALLY good flavor vapes... Fused claptons in a aeolus, Tsunami, or Petri for direct lung or Claptons in a Kayfun, NarDA, or Marquis. Idk... Maybe the new notch coils make it magically work which I have not tried. For now they are sitting in my vape box out of my sight because if I see them I might throw them out my third story window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shokker

lamensterms

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
I'd say it might help a bit, but it also means you can't cover the drip tip and maintain the suction within the coil. So a bit of a trade off.

Either way, I highly recommend everyone who is dissatisfied with the Cubis... Try the iJoy Goodger if you can find one. It does flood a bit, but the vape rivals a legitimate sub-ohm tank, on par with the Herakles I'd wager (first impression only).

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Either way, I highly recommend everyone who is dissatisfied with the Cubis... Try the iJoy Goodger if you can find one. It does flood a bit, but the vape rivals a legitimate sub-ohm tank, on par with the Herakles I'd wager (first impression only).

Looks like...at least 10 sites carry them...

Vapecrawler

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
i allready have the Cubis for two weeks the only coil that you can use is the 1.5 ohm.Specially the 0.5 ohm head if you notice it has grid that makes bubbles,after smoking long hits. View attachment 564865

That's not my experience. I had one .5 coil that seemed to be a dud as I couldn't stop the gurgling and spitting but the other ones have worked flawlessly.

I'm running them in TC mode at 25W and 460F.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Last edited:

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I would just like the record to reflect that at the current time I have been vaping the same .5 coil now for 7 weeks and while I will grant those that have posted here the right to say that one tank is better than another there are bigger FDA fish to fry than spouting about this tank verses that tank, flooded coils and spit back. I love my Cubis I love that I quit smoking because of vaping. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so what works for one might not work for another but I "deem" that we have bigger issues at hand.

I use the Cubis because leak proof was a pre req for me to use a tank. I use the Cubis because I find a very pleasurable cool vape at 17 watts. I use the Cubis because I am free to; that freedom of choice is under siege by the FDA.

*steps off soap box.

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
I would just like the record to reflect that at the current time I have been vaping the same .5 coil now for 7 weeks and while I will grant those that have posted here the right to say that one tank is better than another there are bigger FDA fish to fry than spouting about this tank verses that tank, flooded coils and spit back. I love my Cubis I love that I quit smoking because of vaping. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so what works for one might not work for another but I "deem" that we have bigger issues at hand.

I use the Cubis because leak proof was a pre req for me to use a tank. I use the Cubis because I find a very pleasurable cool vape at 17 watts. I use the Cubis because I am free to; that freedom of choice is under siege by the FDA.

*steps off soap box.
I also enjoy the Cubis and the .5 SS coils. They are my first attempt at TC and I enjoy how they vape.

gerasimos antonatos

May 30, 2016
Reactions: gerrymi

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Let us know your thoughts

Well I won't start a thread specifically for the Pro until maybe after spending more time with it (unless someone else does first), but I will say my first thought was Wow this is small. My first thought on the use of the tank (with the Notch coil) was Man why do these (Cubis, Lyche and the like) flood and spit. Great taste though, but it can get hot. It has better airflow than the Cubis, spits less than the Lyche and I prefer the design, looks, smaller size and larger capacity to either of those. It comes with 4 coils. I started with the prebuilt Notch coil as opposed to the one that can swap the cotton out. It comes with extra cotton and o-rings too. It also comes with an additional MTL plastic drip tip with spit back protection in it. I wish the DL tip had that but for air flow reasons, I can understand why it doesn't.

27636576701_fa693651fd_h.jpg

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Update. I'm using 90VG juice that doesn't spit at all in a Cleito which has huge juice holes. I thought it was getting better throughout the day, but a moment ago, with about a 1/4 of a tank left, it flooded something terrible. Massive gurgling and spit back that didn't feel too good. Going to swap the coil in a minute for the BF .5 coil and give that a shot.

Reactions: Mactavish

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
So I've spent close to 10 hours with the BF .5 coil. I thought this was the coil I had tried when I got the original Cubis, but maybe not because I like it much better here. Or maybe it is but the better airflow of the Pro just changes the flavor. Flavor of the BF in this tank is very good and almost identical to the Notch coil. It has a lot over the Notch coil though. Though it does gurgle constantly, it's not extreme - less than in the original and much less than the Notch coil, and it's only spit on me once. Both these coils spit and gurgle less than both Lyche coils I tried. I gave up on the Lyche pretty quick, even quicker than I gave up on the original Cubis.

I'll compare the Notch and BF coils some more. Like I said, flavor is almost identical. Ramp up is near instantaneous on the BF where the ramp up of the Notch coil is slower. The Notch coil needs more power and even then the BF ramps up quicker. I was surprised by the airflow and clouds of the BF considering it looks more restrictive than the Notch coil and uses less power. Like flavor, the BF basically matches the Notch in those regards too.

I buy a lot of tanks to try and constantly go back to the Aspire Cleito, so the big question for me is considering the amazing taste, vapor and smooth lack-of-gurgle vape of the Cleito, is the loud flooding sound and once in a blue moon spitting of the BF .5 coil really worth it. It may seem like a no brainer to put the Cubis Pro away and keep using my Cleitos, but it's not. I need more time with this one.

Here are the things I like about this tank that make me want it to work out so bad. It looks great and is smaller than a Cleito yet has a larger capacity. The flavor is really good (though personally I would rate the Cleito better). The coils are cheap. I can run it 15 watts lower than a Cleito, give or take, making my battery last longer while still giving great taste and clouds.

Considering the huge size of the juice inlets on a Cleito, I just can't understand why these coils flood. The inlets on the Notch coil aren't that large, and the inlets on the BF coil are tiny. So what's the deal? Do they not put enough cotton in there? I'm already using 90VG but maybe I should give Max a shot in these. I'm also considering plugging up one of the holes on both the Notch and BF and seeing what happens.

Tomorrow I'll try the QCS coil, which is a Notch coil that allows you to "Quick Change" the cotton. If that gurgles and spits, I'm curious if I can fit more cotton in there than what it originally comes with.

Oh and because the Cubis Pro can get quite warm, I swapped the drip tip with the Lyche tip, which is the same height but slightly wider with with more insulation on the inside of the tip.

At this point I guess I should start a Pro thread.

Last edited:

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
I have 4 Cubis tanks, all in rotation for 3+ months. I have rarely experienced gurgling but I have found that taking out the drip tip & swabbing the well, then running a rolled piece of tissue down to the coil a couple of times easily solves that. The only spit back I have ever encountered is after sitting overnight, (not all the time), and just the first couple of pulls. I have tried all the coils that come packaged with the tank and have found them to work well, although the .5 is my favorite & what sits in all of them now. The 1.5 Clapton & the 1.0 SS are pretty good MTL hitters. 15 - 18 watts, airflow about halfway. I usually use a narrower drip tip for these. Both coils require a little more care when priming to get juice to saturate the cotton. I also let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes and take a few primer pulls with the airflow closed before firing. The .5 is my go to & typically run 30 - 35w in Power & 30w/550F in TC, airflow wide open, providing a nice restrictive lung hit with great flavor & vapor. IMHO, the .5 coil is also the easiest to prime. 5 drops, then 5 more, attach the coil, fill the tank & screw on the top. All set to go. These have been great for me & I'm sad to see many people having problems... :(

Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread