ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
81ab7144399dbe12d43cf62abdfe76bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
I was able to get vapor to shoot out the top like this with the coils that came in the box; with the RBA head (.5 Ω) not at all. So far I've gotten no spitback using the RBA head but did on all the included coils.
As far as flavor- all coils, including this new RBA are very muted but vapor is on point.
20160212_153007_20160212_153040_zps9k7ljknj.jpg

Reactions: gerrymi

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
I hate this thing! I love this thing!

The rba sucks, it just is not worth the effort. As a subohm a mini protank is about as good.
As a standard tank this thing sings like a bird. It is great with the 1.5 Clapton. Don't know of anything that can beat it there. Plus you just cannot make it leak.

I have only bought 5 of them so far. I really wish Kanger or Aspire would take this idea & create something that really shines........oh well.......this thing does not leak & it is passable so if my wish doesn't come true, I will buy more just because .......IT DOES NOT LEAK........ya can't make it leak:banana::banana:

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I had an interesting thing happen with my Cubis a couple of nights ago. I got awful burnt hits on it even though the tank was full. I stopped vaping it and took the tank off my mod. I laid it on it's side overnight and tried it again the next day. It was fine. I am using the 1.5 Clapton coil on my Evic Mini running at 4.6 V's. I don't know if it was the 100% VG juice not wicking right or the fresh battery hitting the coil too hard or what. Anyways, I am glad it recovered on it's own.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Did anyone answering use the CLR coils for,the mega? The clr coils - once rewicked- are arguably the best mouth to lung disposable coils going IMO while cl coils are not good at all, muster flavor big time . So I'm curious how this tank and coils compare for anyone who vaped mouth to lung with Coke coils on the mega? I know it's specific. Clearly I'm not alone with this thinking as major boutique tanks have now been bui,t around the clr coils. Such as the pico. Typically for mtl vaping vertical coils are not better. They typically don't produce the flavor. But I see the rba for this tank - which is basically the new clr coil just more expensive , can be built horizontally. So if you've done that. Well I'd love to hear a comparison from clr mtl guys.

@Butch did you try building the rba horizontal?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shokker

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
9860980341dcfcadac95b2700da3adee.jpg

Diggin it

One Spinfuel fella' reviewed:

The MAX FILL line that is easily seen on the Stainless tank is virtually invisible on the Black version of the tank. I prefer the black color with the clear plastic drip tip, but hitting the refill line perfectly sometimes gets annoying. Joyetech should have retooled the Black tank to allow for a white, or silver Max Fill line to be easily seen.

Rob...do you find the Max Fill line hard to see...or use???

Joyetech Cubis Tank Review - Spinfuel eMagazine

Scanda...do you find the Max Fill line (on the RED Cubis) hard to see...or use???

Reactions: Rob Bacon

Rob Bacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2015
Spokane, Washington

The MAX FILL line that is easily seen on the Stainless tank is virtually invisible on the Black version of the tank. I prefer the black color with the clear plastic drip tip, but hitting the refill line perfectly sometimes gets annoying. Joyetech should have retooled the Black tank to allow for a white, or silver Max Fill line to be easily seen.

Scanda...do you find the Max Fill line (on the RED Cubis) hard to see...or use???

I actually took a white grease pencil and colored the max fill line and wiped of excess color. It worked good but im sure will rub off eventually. If so, I'll just color again. But you are right they should have designed it better...

Vaping Saves Lives!!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

I find it hard to see on the red- a lil easier on the white. It's hard to capture it on cam. Been filling the both tanks up enough that I guessimate where to stop.

IMG_17321_20160217_191554_zps7xsdix5b.jpg

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Well I see it as a design or better yet a LOOK issue, and personally I'm glad they did it they way they did. I like that there are no markings on the outside body. When I refill, I do it in good light, and put one of my fingers near the mark, which granted is hidden and hard to see, then I fill it to my finger, best not to overfill anyways. And if you use the RBA, the marks you hardly see are not accurate as the RBA takes up more volume and therefore less juice, I know this after my first MESS.

So I'll cast the first vote for a thumbs up on the way it is. The tank has bigger issues then the fill line, like hoping they make a better RBA for it, like a two post with real screws, look at the STM tanks, as well as better screws and holes in the fairly crappy version I have 3 of. I mostly do TC vaping, and having "proper" connections would get rid of some if not many of the TC issues, same as any other Atty and RBA. Capturing wires under oring grommets is a BIG TC MINUS!

MMcQ

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2013
Pennsylvania
...But I see the rba for this tank - which is basically the new clr coil just more expensive , can be built horizontally. So if you've done that. Well I'd love to hear a comparison from clr mtl guys.

@Butch did you try building the rba horizontal?
I haven't been able to get my hands on the rba head yet but I've had some success (after ALOT of fails) with rebuilding the ready made heads. 28G Kanthal horizontal coil. Can't remember the wraps but I think it was 2 mm diameter 1.3 ohms. Wick barely touching the sides when installed. Can't stress enough how short the wick has to be to not block up the airflow. PIA since you can't dryburn so I torched it first before the install. Then just made sure the airslots were clear since they sit right above the insulator. Works well but flavor is still muted. Running about 10 watts it seems in between a MTL and a lung hitter. All in all not too bad.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK

The triton mini has this issue. I have the black one and it has a very feint good mark on the bottom for open or closed. And on the top it's just stenciled in metal. Impossible to see if the fill is open or shut unless in perfect light.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I haven't been able to get my hands on the rba head yet but I've had some success (after ALOT of fails) with rebuilding the ready made heads. 28G Kanthal horizontal coil. Can't remember the wraps but I think it was 2 mm diameter 1.3 ohms. Wick barely touching the sides when installed. Can't stress enough how short the wick has to be to not block up the airflow. PIA since you can't dryburn so I torched it first before the install. Then just made sure the airslots were clear since they sit right above the insulator. Works well but flavor is still muted. Running about 10 watts it seems in between a MTL and a lung hitter. All in all not too bad.

You can dry burn and pulse the coils.

MMcQ

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2013
Pennsylvania
You can dry burn and pulse the coils.
I did see that post, but I don't have the Egrip adapter and I'm talking about rebuilding the standard coils so dryburning wouldn't really be possible as to wick it I'd have to take it apart afterwards anyway. *edit* with the RBA head I could totally see the advantage to getting that adapter though

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I did see that post, but I don't have the Egrip adapter and I'm talking about rebuilding the standard coils so dryburning wouldn't really be possible as to wick it I'd have to take it apart afterwards anyway. *edit* with the RBA head I could totally see the advantage to getting that adapter though

I wouldn't have the patience to rebuilt the standard coils. But I do appreciate those that do!

Reactions: MMcQ

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I saw your link before- you don't have to keep posting it. Sweet-Vapes has the RBA 510 adapter for when I get around to buying one. In the meantime I have a lot of coils for the Cubis so I'm not in any major hurry.

I also have tanks that are miles better than the Cubis so it's really not high on my priority list.

Note 5!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread