Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
If they made a version with the batteries wired in paralell, meaning lower max watts and more endurance, I'd be tempted. This set up only makes sense if you're doing high watts.
The battery life/amp draw will be identical whether it's parallel or series. In fact, series is slightly more effective as bucking is kinder on battery life than boosting

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The battery life/amp draw will be identical whether it's parallel or series. In fact, series is slightly more effective as bucking is kinder on battery life than boosting

I have a vtc mini and an earlier cuboid. They have the same board including a puff timer. I ran both with the same settings and same atomizer, build and battery to empty. Puff timers read almost exactly the same.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have a vtc mini and an earlier cuboid. They have the same board including a puff timer. I ran both with the same settings and same atomizer, build and battery to empty. Puff timers read almost exactly the same.
There seems to be some efficiency issues in the Cuboid chip. For example, the eleaf tc100w seems to give better battery runtime. However, it's not a series vs parallel issue. The fact is that the amp draw doesn't differ between parallel and series.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hate that joyetech went with a 22mm diameter. I think I will keep using my 150w cuboids and pass on this.

I agree. Not only that 25 mm atties will overhang seriously, but my iStick tc100w's tend to fall over easy enough. The Cuboid 200 is probably worse in that regard.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
LOL, this thread died with a quickness. well, i am a "lucky" recipient of one these mods. it was given to me for nothing, so i can't complain. this mod does have one redeeming quality that many may not know. you can use the Arctic Fox firmware with NFE Toolbox for a fully customizable device. basically EScribe for a joyetech mod. now it doesn't fix ugly atty overhang but........ i know multiple cell joyetech mods are notorious for incorrect cell voltage readings. so if your device is reading each individual cell voltage wrong, that can be corrected in NFE Toolbox (BVO - Battery Voltage Offset). so if you have this device or similar joyetech/wismec/eleaf mod, give this firmware and app a go. if you're a tinkerer then you'll dig it. link for both firmware and app are below.....

NFE Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread