Joyetech cuboid looks used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
So I just got home and in the mailbox was my new joyetech cuboid -in grey :)
The front panel that's done in black plasticy material is scuffed up like its been slid across a table a dozen times! So I'm wondering from those of you out there that have bought one, if there are any, did yours look like that??
I'm hoping it really isn't supposed to look like that! :(
Thanks in advanced.

Reactions: Clark Kent

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
What do y'all think of yours?
I got it for battery endurance. Testing is ongoing. I won't be able to do a really valid test until a fresh pair of batteries arrives which could be a while. I also have a new evic vtc mini so I'll be comparing the puff time values.

I was looking for a utilitarian 2 cell mod but what I've got is more of a social/political statement, which is not my style, usually, but I don't mind. The way things are shaping up the mini will get most of the real world pocket time because it appears to be making it through an entire work day for me but there's more testing to do on that too. I think joytech has two strong products with the mini and cuboid but if you're going to have a cuboid be prepared for the weight. A stainless case means it's on the heavy side for its size. I'm glad I got it unpainted. The scratches will add character. Then, if you actually plan to use 100+ watts you might see the cuboid differently. I never go above 30 max watts.

Reactions: GeorgeS

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
I got it for battery endurance. Testing is ongoing. I won't be able to do a really valid test until a fresh pair of batteries arrives which could be a while. I also have a new evic vtc mini so I'll be comparing the puff time values.

I was looking for a utilitarian 2 cell mod but what I've got is more of a social/political statement, which is not my style, usually, but I don't mind. The way things are shaping up the mini will get most of the real world pocket time because it appears to be making it through an entire work day for me but there's more testing to do on that too. I think joytech has two strong products with the mini and cuboid but if you're going to have a cuboid be prepared for the weight. A stainless case means it's on the heavy side for its size. I'm glad I got it unpainted. The scratches will add character. Then, if you actually plan to use 100+ watts you might see the cuboid differently. I never go above 30 max watts.
I also have the evic vtc mini , which I love and is currently my every day Vape. I just wanted something that would hit higher watts. Not that I'll ever use 150-200 but they're there if I want to!!

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
I haven't done the 200w upgrade and probably wont cause lets face it 200w is a little ridiculous and makes no sense on a dual battery mod. I have taken it over a hundred and to me it compares to every other mod I have that's capable of that. Ive seen no problems with it so far
Im not sure I'll do the update either.
Seems like I read somewhere that only freshly charged batteries can handle 200 watts anyway and my batteries aren't always freshly charged so for now I'm good with the 150 max.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Oh wow! You are absolutely right!! Thanks so much for responding to that so quick. I was really upset! Lol

Trust me, no matter how well you take care of a new mod it will definitely show wear and tear as i have yet to find a way to avoid the unavoidable drop lol.

Actually it works out well like that because after using a mod long enough the obsession of keeping it pristine wears off , you start to care a little less imo.

The mods CHEAP anyway , just buy another.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I also thought it was scuffed when I opened the box until I realized that there was a protective film.

I remember when the joyetech eRoll came out, people had same problem, not realizing that alll the scuffs were just protective film making the PCC case look scuffed. Peeled it off and underneath was shiny and new.

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
Trust me, no matter how well you take care of a new mod it will definitely show wear and tear as i have yet to find a way to avoid the unavoidable drop lol.

Actually it works out well like that because after using a mod long enough the obsession of keeping it pristine wears off , you start to care a little less imo.

The mods CHEAP anyway , just buy another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread