Joyetech eGo AIO Newbie Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupcakeKitten

Nov 29, 2016
Hello, I literally just got my new joyetech eGo AIO in the mail today. I have looked all over online and I must be typing my question wrong or just don't know what to look for..... I have never vaped before either so I don't know what to expect from it....

Ok, on to the question. Are they supposed to get really really warm? Obviously I know the atomizer has to heat up to create the vapor. It's just weird for me cause I can use it repetitively only twice, three times and it gets hot and I feel like I may actually be getting liquid and it makes me cough cause it hits my throat so hard. Also maybe I'm not vaping correctly? I'm doing a slow but steady not too strong of an inhale and a slow exhale through my nose mostly. I can't quite explain the sensation... But it just seems to be hot and hits differently... Is this normal? Sorry for the stupid question. Also, if it makes it easier to answer my question please ask me more questions and I'll gladly answer the best that I can. TIA!!

Reactions: ceeceeisme

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome @CupcakeKitten! I just recently got the Evic AIO (the Ego's variable brother) I think the Ego is "fixed voltage" - i.e. the only way you can really change your "experience" is to use a different resistance coil. IIRC, the 0.6 ohm coil is what came with it? You can control vapor delivery by adjusting the airflow. A little less airflow might cause it to feel warmer. If you open up the airflow, it should be a teensy bit cooler. But, that will probably yield a "thicker, more vapor-y" hit. Not sure if that's what you'll like, but might be worth a try.

There are different coils you could try, if you want to change things up a bit. You want to get the coils that are compatible with the Cubis tank.

Also, if you're firing it often, that will probably make it feel warmer....

Certainly not stupid questions from you - how else can you learn if you don't ask? Unfortunately, I don't have direct experience with the Ego AIO, and I do like the airier hits. I have noticed, if I don't let the coil sit for a while before I get started, I will get some "spit-back" and feel like I'm getting unvaporized juice.

Also, take a gander here: Joyetech Ego AIO Seems like a number of responses about this specific device.

Good Luck!

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Well, if it helps, I found my first two weeks hitting the AIO was not like hitting a cig. I had a sore throat, couldn't taste a thing and generally had much frustration. Mine got really hot too - I was chain vaping to quit the cigs and unfortunately, we were also having a real heatwave at the time. I can remember driving around in my car holding the AIO up to the air conditioning vents to keep it cool.

But I stuck with it, even when my AIO gave me a lot of headaches (figuratively, not literally). I got a back up device really fast. And I almost, almost, bought a pack of cigarettes. But in the end I didn't - I just burned through a lot of coils that first few weeks.

Reactions: DingerCPA

CupcakeKitten

Nov 29, 2016
Thank you both so much for the replies!!!!

I do feel kind of stupid... Shortly after posting this I realized I just needed to vape more to get it working better....

I do have to say opening it up to allow more air has really helped and made it more comfortable oddly enough. And I will be checking out that other thread thank you @DingerCPA

@ceeceeisme sorry to hear you struggled as well.. I actually was afraid of having issues so I bought 5 extra coils with the two that came with lol!!

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Thank you both so much for the replies!!!!

I do feel kind of stupid... Shortly after posting this I realized I just needed to vape more to get it working better....

I do have to say opening it up to allow more air has really helped and made it more comfortable oddly enough. And I will be checking out that other thread thank you @DingerCPA

@ceeceeisme sorry to hear you struggled as well.. I actually was afraid of having issues so I bought 5 extra coils with the two that came with lol!!

Ahhhh.... the initial learning curve with advanced personal vaporizers!!! I have learned so much in the last 3-1/2 months that I've forgotten how difficult the beginning was.

When I started vaping I didn't know even one person who vaped. I had to figure out everything on my own and quickly realized that ECF was going to be a godsend for me.

Firstly, that Joyetech AIO got me off cigarettes so just for that I am very thankful. Unfortunately, the instructions that come with it are vague at best for someone who is completely new to vaping and has no one to mentor them. I didn't prime my first coil properly and burned it. First coil into the garbage lol.

Secondly, as wonderful as I thought my new AIO was I realized it wasn't going to get me very far in the long run. Once I was off cigarettes I was loathe to go back. Within 3 weeks I bought a Kanger Tech EVOD Pro and I still occasionally use this device but I'll be retiring it shortly as I have moved to better quality mods, rebuildable tanks and drippers.

I initially bought the AIO because it was reasonably priced and it was a way for me to try vaping without a huge monetary commitment. I pretty much thought vaping would not be for me but it turned out I was completely wrong.

Now with that being said, the AIO is almost a disposable device, much like a disposable lighter. Someone said that to me when I first came on ECF and despite my dismay at the comparison, it turns out they were very correct. The coils won't last long in that particular device. I don't know how long they last in a standard detachable Cubis tank but they tend to overheat quickly with the AIO. You'll generally need to give them some time sitting in the e-liquid to prime properly before trying to vape with a newly installed coil. Even after you prime them. I would recommend allowing about 1/2 hour before trying to vape on it. I burned through several coils waiting the recommended 5 minutes that Joyetech notes with the instructions. And I don't recommend buying clone coils - I found out that they burn out even faster.

Comparatively, the Kanger Tech coils last for weeks and can be removed and cleaned and used again until the wicking material wears out. I've never been able to clean an AIO coil (or any other Joyetech coil for that matter) and reuse it. I'm not necessarily promoting or recommending Kanger Tech, just saying by comparison and in my experience, they supply a superior factory built coil that will last several times longer. And coils are expensive, as you surely know.

I'm assuming here that you're trying to quit smoking. If so, the best advice I can give you is to buy a second device (of some kind) so you have a back up should things go wrong with the AIO. If I'd known that in the beginning I would have bought two AIO's so I could set one aside when it gets hot and use the other. Now, knowing what I have learned, I would not have bought the AIO at all. Hindsight is 20/20 :)

The next best bit of advice I can give you is to spend a lot of time here on ECF so that you can learn more about vaping, how to use and maintain your equipment and to figure out what your requirements will evolve to. There are so many variables with hardware and styles of vaping that it is very difficult to give specific recommendations to new comers. It's really something that you will need to figure out for yourself and that does take time.

I feel for you - a few months ago I was in your shoes and I know how it is. Keep at it and don't give up!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Cheers to both of you, @CupcakeKitten and @ceeceeisme!

I actually "found" vaping about 6 years ago when there weren't a "lot" of choices. I started with a cigalike kit, and that just didn't work for me. Three years later, I found ECF and better gear, and the rest has been history.

The folks here at ECF have been phenomenal in offering advice (especially on how to spend your money :D ) My philosophy is that the only "stupid" question is the one that goes unasked. CK, it's very good that you grabbed extra coils - they don't last forever. Depending on your style, only a day or two....

CC is right - do let the coil sit for a "long" time - I had another member suggest that after filling, close the airflow and set the device down for about 5 minutes. THEN, open and start vaping. Bypasses a lot of the gurgling and spitting.

CK, you might consider a variable device. If you like the AIO form, do look at the Joyetech Evic AIO - you would need to consider external batteries and a charger (that's its own discussion) I like that I can control the vape (turn power down or up, depending on my preference) And, it uses the same coils as the Ego AIO ;)

My typical questions for someone getting started - box or tube form factor? Internal or Replaceable batteries? Pre-built coils or are you willing to learn to build your own? Tighter draw or looser draw?

I have a little bit of everything because I don't adhere to one particular style. Yes, I quit smoking by vaping, but now it's kind of a hobby for me, and I enjoy futzing around with different things to see how I can make it different :)

Glad you're both here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread