Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I've been using Volt Spinner with a CE5 clearo pretty much since I quit smoking

You joined here in 2013 so assuming you've been using this system, successfully, for at least 3 years. Bravo.

I keep saying that people shouldn't discourage people trying to quit smoking from these devices, because so many people do use them!

He was nice enough to swap me out some 1.0 ohm coils and they work outstandingly.

Thanks for posting! I was wondering about the 1.0ohm coils.

ARGH!!! I still can't decide between the Joyetech AIO and the Innokin Endura T18..........yeah, I could try both but am oppposed to having more than one coil type in my collection and either way I would have to get rid of one of them.............

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
I've been using Volt Spinner with a CE5 clearo pretty much since I quit smoking (trying to forget my first few months with V2, don't judge), just so y'all know where I'm coming from. My batteries were dying so I went to the SI site to re-order, but I noticed that they are in the process of phasing out all of their current gear, so I didn't want to get new batteries only to not be able to order compatible clearos and coils. I know, I know, I should have moved away from 808 threads years ago, again don't judge. To be honest I was getting a little jealous of the box modders and the big effortless clouds they blew, but I'm averse to change (and drawing undue attention to myself) so I stuck with what what I had.

I didn't really want to deal with box mods, I just wanted a bit more than what I had. After hours of research it seemed the AIO was exactly what I was looking for. I actually read this entire thread and got more info out of it than all the "reviews" combined, so thanks y'all!

I found some good deals online, but then both of my batteries died within an hour of each other, so I headed out to the vape store to see what I could get. Luckily I found a nearby store that had a full stock of AIOs, for pretty much the same price I'd pay online. One of my big worries was that the .6 coils included with the AIO would be way too much for me coming from such a relatively weak device like the spinner. Not only that but the guy at the store said that the 12mg nicotine juice I use might make me sick with a .6 coil. He was nice enough to swap me out some 1.0 ohm coils and they work outstandingly. I have to admit I actually got a buzz from the juice when I started using the AIO, but I was going pretty hard playing with a new toy, heh. Its mellowed since then but I definitely need to get some 6mg juice or lower.

Vapor production is great. Not annoyingly big like some folks enjoy but a vast improvement over the Spinner. The airflow adjustment feature is kinda negligible to me. I don't notice a whole lot of difference between the thing being wide open or tight, so I put it in the middle and its fine. The lighting feature is awesome if you like that type of thing, but you can turn it off if you want. So far it holds a charge well too. Been going for about 24 hours now and according to the indicator its not even half dead (I was a pack a day smoker if that helps illustrate how much I vape). I use a 33% VG juice if that matters to anyone. I'm stoked on this thing so far, buts its only been a day. I'll check in a couple weeks and let y'all know how its going.

Good to see that the EGO AIO has given a good experience. Maybe I was too harsh on it. My advice: keep a vape band on the glass part of it. It will be unwieldy in your pocket and block your view of the fill line but it will make sure that even if you accidentally elbow it off your desk it will survive. They're great if you prime the coil enough but they're very fragile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
Also, y'all should watch out for the micro USB charge port. Don't bend the cord at all or yank it around or the prongs inside it will be bent and you will have to wiggle the charge cord around to get it to make contact and actually charge. When I used the ego AIO I would sometimes wake up to the unpleasant surprise of a dead mod due to the charge port's quirks.

Basically, the Ego AIO is fragile and will not last long if you're at all accident prone and/or work outdoors. If you can keep it from breaking it's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
You joined here in 2013 so assuming you've been using this system, successfully, for at least 3 years. Bravo.

I keep saying that people shouldn't discourage people trying to quit smoking from these devices, because so many people do use them!

Thanks for posting! I was wondering about the 1.0ohm coils.

ARGH!!! I still can't decide between the Joyetech AIO and the Innokin Endura T18..........yeah, I could try both but am oppposed to having more than one coil type in my collection and either way I would have to get rid of one of them.............

Just FYI, I had the 1.0Ω coils in the AOI and it was a bit hot for the flavor I was using, (although fine for stronger flavors) so I put in the Clapton 1.5Ω LVC coil - liquid control - and it works fine with that flavor.

Also agree with you on ego types and (for me) Kanger T3/T3S coils - used them for years - until I got talked into the itty bitty VW mods. I still have a few eGos at hand as does my DW. :- )

I also saw the Kanger Evod Pro you cited, in a local shop yesterday. While it is much bigger than the AOI, it is also a 'possible' for having a 'mech mod' with a replaceable batt. The only thing is for me, that's another coil that one would have to have in the event of a total ban. I got the RTA for the Cubis Pro and some wire for that event, and I'm hoping the Joyetech may make an "AOI" with a replaceable batt. I'll likely wait for that :- )

Reactions: gerrymi

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
My advice: keep a vape band on the glass part of it.

You can buy silicone covers for the AIO for $1.95. Helps with the bounce factor.
I don't have any vape bands, just use free thick rubber bands from the post office LOL

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Just FYI, I had the 1.0Ω coils in the AOI and it was a bit hot for the flavor I was using, (although fine for stronger flavors) so I put in the Clapton 1.5Ω LVC coil - liquid control - and it works fine with that flavor.
again thanks, didn't know you could use that Clapton coil, will have to try it if and when I get AIO

Also agree with you on ego types and (for me) Kanger T3/T3S coils - used them for years -
So did I........you got me into them.

I also saw the Kanger Evod Pro you cited, in a local shop yesterday. While it is much bigger than the AOI, it is also a 'possible' for having a 'mech mod' with a replaceable batt. The only thing is for me, that's another coil that one would have to have in the event of a total ban.

There are just so many mods in the "bigger" category right now, including box mods....an all-in-one like the Kanger Evod Pro doesn't make much sense to me due to it being large and also not being able to use whatever tank you want, etc.

I guess for me at least, the whole all-in-one type design is about it being small. I mean, there really aren't many other bonuses to a device like that if it is full size, for me.

As for the AIO, heck, I've always had good luck with Joyetech products, i know others haven't, but I really have. I've never owned an innokin product so I will probably get this over the T18.

JibbaJabba

Apr 2, 2013
PDX USA

I am indeed a success story. I bought a cigalike at 7-11 on my wife's b-day (she had just gotten out of the hospital after almost dying from pneumonia/MRSA) and never looked back. I applaud all of us for making less cigarette smoke in the world! =)

Basically, the Ego AIO is fragile and will not last long if you're at all accident prone and/or work outdoors. If you can keep it from breaking it's great.

I wanted to add after reading your post that I am a stay-at-home parent, so my vape sits safely on my desk for most of the day. I grew up with stingy parents too, so I learned how to handle all my tech with kid gloves, heh. I can absolutely see how you might pass on this piece if you're hard on your gear or are out and about all day. Thats the greatest (and sometimes most frustrating) part about vaping though. There are so many devices and mods to match all of our different lifestyles and vaping preferences. =)

JibbaJabba

Apr 2, 2013
PDX USA
There are just so many mods in the "bigger" category right now, including box mods....an all-in-one like the Kanger Evod Pro doesn't make much sense to me due to it being large and also not being able to use whatever tank you want, etc.

I felt the same way when I saw the Evod...might as well get a mod for the size of the thing.

I saw the Innokin Endura T18 when I was out yesterday too. I can't speak to its actual quality, but holding both of them in my hands it felt kinda flimsy and cheap compared to the AIO. It was more expensive too, at least at the shop I was at.

Reactions: Racehorse

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
One fateful drop from desk to wood floor and the internal tank shattered, leaking juice down inside the mod and onto the board. I only used it long enough to go through the two coils it came with.

Well meme...at $15...if you used it as long as 2 packs of analogs would have lasted you (in your "smoking days")...you didn't really lose anything...:thumbs:

I still can't decide between the Joyetech AIO and the Innokin Endura T18..........yeah, I could try both but am oppposed to having more than one coil type in my collection and either way I would have to get rid of one of them............

*I* ended up choosing the AIO based on...

Size...AIO 118mm vs. T18 144mm

Battery...AIO 1500mAh vs. T18 1000mAh

Price...I could buy two AIO's for the price of one T18

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Well meme...at $15...if you used it as long as 2 packs of analogs would have lasted you (in your "smoking days")...you didn't really lose anything...:thumbs:

*I* ended up choosing the AIO based on...

Size...AIO 118mm vs. T18 144mm

Battery...AIO 1500mAh vs. T18 1000mAh

Price...I could buy two AIO's for the price of one T18

So where are they $15? Haven't seen them that low. Anyone have a best price for the 22?

Reactions: gerrymi

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
So where are they $15? Haven't seen them that low. Anyone have a best price for the 22?

Well...last week Sweet Vapes had all the colors for $14.95. But checkin' now...looks like they currently have only the "All Black"...

Joyetech eGo AIO $14.95 - Joyetech Wismec - Starter Kits

For the D22...the best price I've run across (In Stock, USA shipping) $19.75...

Joyetech eGo AIO D22 All in One Starter Kit

[Efun (not USA) has the D22 for $13.99...but only Black or Silver in stock...]

Joyetech eGo AIO D22 Starter Kit-1500mah - $13.99

Last edited:
Reactions: drysprocket

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
So, what does everyone thing of the new D22 version?
I had the original and didn't much care for it.
The D22 is really hitting the spot for me.
Convenient size, works well and the battery makes it through my work day. Thinking of buying another to horde for the inconvenient buying days to come due to the crazy new laws.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
So, what does everyone thing of the new D22 version?
I had the original and didn't much care for it.
The D22 is really hitting the spot for me.
Convenient size, works well and the battery makes it through my work day. Thinking of buying another to horde for the inconvenient buying days to come due to the crazy new laws.

I'm thinking about getting one; can you tell us if there's a noticeable difference in performance between the two? Obviously the form factor is the big thing, but I'm wondering if they upgraded it in anyway.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm thinking about getting one; can you tell us if there's a noticeable difference in performance between the two? Obviously the form factor is the big thing, but I'm wondering if they upgraded it in anyway.

Let's see if jj has noticed any differences. I don't see any upgrade. Here's the 'features' - differences in red.

D22:
Features and Specs:

• Dimensions: 4-1/4"L x 7/8"D (including Tip)
  • Standard Size
  • 22mm Diameter
  • All-in-One Design
  • Perfect for beginners
  • Simple One-Button Design
  • 2ml e-Liquid Capacity
  • 1500 mAh Battery Capacity
  • Utilizes the Cubis Leak-Resistant Cup Design
  • Top-filled
  • Choose from 7 Indicator Light Colors
  • Adjustable Airflow Valve
  • Charged via Micro USB
  • Overcharge Protection
  • Over-current Protection
  • Over-discharge Protection
AIO (original size):
Features and Specs:

• Dimensions: 4-3/4"L x 3/4"D (including Tip)
  • 19mm Diameter
  • All-in-One Design
  • Perfect for beginners
  • Simple One-Button Design
  • 2ml e-Liquid Capacity
  • 1500 mAh Battery Capacity
  • Utilizes the Cubis Leak-Resistant Cup Design
  • Top-filled
  • Choose from 7 Indicator Light Colors
  • Adjustable Airflow Valve
  • Charged via Micro USB
  • Overcharge Protection
  • Over-current Protection
  • Over-discharge Protection

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
The drip tips are different between the models, the D22 has shorter ones than the 1st version did. Anyone know if they refreshed the coils in any way? The one's that came with my D22 perform much better than the ones that came with the 1st version one I had tried - I may have just gotten bad ones on the 1st version one I had, not sure. Other than that - the short, fat form factor is the only difference I can see.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Anyone know if they refreshed the coils in any way? The one's that came with my D22 perform much better than the ones that came with the 1st version one I had tried - I may have just gotten bad ones on the 1st version one I had, not sure

The D22 (and the D16) appear to include the same coils (BF SS316-0.6ohm MTL) as the original...

eGo AIO D22 - Joyetech

eGo AIO D16 - Joyetech

Reactions: JibbaJabba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread