Joyetech eGo/eGo-T 650mAh USB Pass-Through Battery Not Responsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn23

May 25, 2013
PA
I purchased a Joyetech eGo USB Passthrough for Electronic Cigarette and have been using it for about three days. Today it blinked about 15-20 times so I assumed it needed to charge. I put it on the charger and the red light came on. About an hour later the red light was no longer on, so I removed it from the charger.

It is no longer responsive. I can not "5-click" it on, and it does not respond when plugging in the pass-through. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hmmm.. The 5 click can be tricky. Do it fast as you can.

When you say 'no longer responsive'... do you mean that the led doesn't light when you press the button? Or that you're not getting any vapor from whatever delivery device - carto/clearo/atty - you're using?

If it's that the button led is not turning on and you've tried the 5 click several times - then contact the vendor.

If the button led is coming on but you're not getting any vapor - then you may not be getting a connection from the carto/clearo/atty - in which case you might try prying up the center post - do the carto/clearo/atty first - take a hard toothpick and pry easily to raise the center post. And if that doesn't work, try prying up the center post on the batt - again carefully....

With the joyetech PT batts, you can also charge them on a regular eGo charger, if you have one. You might try that as well but if no go on all the above, contact the vendor and ask what it would take to return the batt either to them or to Joyetech. Joyetech has a 6 month warranty but you may have to pay shipping.....

Penn23

May 25, 2013
PA
Thanks for the ideas. By non responsive, I meant no white LED on the button or red LED on the PT usb port. I tried the center post trick at first thinking I had a short, but nothing. I then tried to charge on a regular ego charger, nothing. But interestingly enough, after grabbing a second ego charger I had sitting around, the battery popped back to life. It seems like it had full charge already but got stuck in some sort of permanent sleep mode. Weird, but I'm happy.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks for the ideas. By non responsive, I meant no white LED on the button or red LED on the PT usb port. I tried the center post trick at first thinking I had a short, but nothing. I then tried to charge on a regular ego charger, nothing. But interestingly enough, after grabbing a second ego charger I had sitting around, the battery popped back to life. It seems like it had full charge already but got stuck in some sort of permanent sleep mode. Weird, but I'm happy.

I've had that problem with regular eGo batts where - the source was always some vision product - vision stardusts were knocking the battery off. One or both of these solutions worked - the 5 click trick or putting the batt back on the charger for just a minute - it was already fully charged when this happened.... I think the short circuit protection was blown but then the batt still worked after the fix. Then it happened again and the batt was dead. That's when I went to Kanger T2 and T3's and haven't used Visions CE's on the Joye eGos since. I've seen a few of these same problems here - it's not just a post pull up thing......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread