Joyetech Ego One Mega - first look

Status
Not open for further replies.

KobeSean

Apr 28, 2015
Kobe, Japan
Hi,

Just received the new 22mm 2600mAh Mega version of the joyetech Ego One.

Apologies for the quality of the pics, but here it is compared to the 19mm 2200mAh XL + Kanger Subtank Nano.

I was planning on using this with a Kanger Subtank Mini, but here is fitted to my FreeMax/Maganus tank.
With the 0.5 coil it gives a very similar vape to my SX Mini @ around 30w - 35w

It's a great little mod/battery and should look smart & stealthy with just about any 22mm tank.

Sean.

0.JPG
1.JPG
11.JPG
111.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited:

KobeSean

Apr 28, 2015
Kobe, Japan
XL+Nano vs Mega+Mini

Aside from the increased diameter on the Mega, they're basically the same length.

510 connector seems improved on the Mega.
There is no small gap as there is with the XL (and others have also reported with the 1100mAh version of the Ego One)

When using my Subtank Mini or FreeMax/Maganus both tanks fit perfectly flush on the Mega.

photo.JPG
photo.JPG

Last edited:

KobeSean

Apr 28, 2015
Kobe, Japan
A small update on battery life:

From a full charge, using my FreeMax/Maganus tank with the 0.5 coil filled with King's Crest 'Don Juan' (100% VG) I was able to vape for a full day & night before I reached the 10%-29% (light flashes moderately) battery warning. I'd consider myself an average vaper, so your mileage may vary. I'll probably switch to the Subtank Mini + 1.2ohm coil if I'm planning on a long night out.

If you're a lung-hitting builder, a build of around 0.8ohms should be the sweet spot between vape quality and eeking the most out of this battery

I experienced no discernible decline in vape quality throughout the day/night. Though Joyetech do not seem to advertise the amperage of these internal batteries, my experience is that they are very consistent.

The recharge took a little over 2 hours using the 1A Joyetech USB charger.

Sean.

Last edited:
Reactions: ephilbe

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Been salivating for one since I discovered it. When I recieved my 1100 mah 19 mm version a month ago, I thought to myself that a 22mm version for my Igo M would be sawheet! Joyetech's got game!
Vacillating between pre ordering one from 3fvape for 27.99 free ship or waiting for my fave online retailer to stock and show them some love. According to the guy I spoke to, EVcigarettes will have them within the week. They are always good about stocking separate parts, too.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
A small update on battery life:

From a full charge, using my FreeMax/Maganus tank with the 0.5 coil filled with King's Crest 'Don Juan' (100% VG) I was able to vape for a full day & night before I reached the 10%-29% (light flashes moderately) battery warning. I'd consider myself an average vaper, so your mileage may vary. I'll probably switch to the Subtank Mini + 1.2ohm coil if I'm planning on a long night out.

If you're a lung-hitting builder, a build of around 0.8ohms should be the sweet spot between vape quality and eeking the most out of this battery

I experienced no discernible decline in vape quality throughout the day/night. Though Joyetech do not seem to advertise the amperage of these internal batteries, my experience is that they are very consistent.

The recharge took a little over 2 hours using the 1A Joyetech USB charger.

Sean.
Glad to hear some real life numbers. My RDA is a .7 ohm dual coil build. Seemed like they would shake hands quite nicely.

KobeSean

Apr 28, 2015
Kobe, Japan
27.99 for the Mega battery is a great price.
Really no need to be paying extra for the Joyetech tank - so many other 22mm tanks will look just as good (if not better) with this battery.

Yep, yep....a 0.7ohm build will work great.
I've been using an "authentic" 0.8ohm pre-built Kanger Subtank coil (built to be either 0.5 or 1.2 but must have failed QC by coming in at 0.8) and that is giving me a great vape with plenty of battery life.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
27.99 for the Mega battery is a great price.
Really no need to be paying extra for the Joyetech tank - so many other 22mm tanks will look just as good (if not better) with this battery.

Yep, yep....a 0.7ohm build will work great.
I've been using an "authentic" 0.8ohm pre-built Kanger Subtank coil (built to be either 0.5 or 1.2 but must have failed QC by coming in at 0.8) and that is giving me a great vape with plenty of battery life.
I hear ya on Kanger coil QC. Although, they seem to err on the high side in my experience. Haven't dealt with the Subtank, though. In terms of a tank, I was thinking a black Delta II, rebuildable deck, VC build. Do you have an opinion on horizontal vs vertical?

KobeSean

Apr 28, 2015
Kobe, Japan
Those Kangers are sold as "0.8s".
Probably makes more financial sense than throwing them away or starting over.
Anyway, they work as well as the more official 0.5 & 1.2 rated coils and the resistance is just about right for the Mega.

Black Delta II would look very cool with the black battery.

I'm not much of a builder so can only really speak about pre-built coils.
In that realm, the Freemax/Maganus dual vertical coils are just about the best there are (for now).
I've been running the 0.5 DVC on my Mega - a lovely vape but, as on all mods, it really sups the juice.

KobeSean

Apr 28, 2015
Kobe, Japan
Appeltaart, you are very lucky to be making the switch now.
If these had been around 18 months ago my switch would have been soooo much easier!
Seriously, you are transitioning to something which is not only better for you than smoking, but also a whole lot more satisfying and great fun.
You'll see.

Colors:
I have only seen the Mega (22mm) in Silver or Black so far.

New Mini (16mm, 850mAh) is also available in Tiffany Blue & Pink.
The Original XL (19mm, 2200mAh) and the smaller version (19mm, 1100mAh) also have Pearl White, Sky Blue & Cherry Red.

My Silver Mega is the same "brushed" silver as my XL and either match nicely with just about any silver tanks.

I have a Cherry Red (19mm, 1100mAh) on order as my stealthy, pocket-sized vape.
*There are reports that the newest batch of 1100s are shipping with 2.5ml tanks now*

I won't be buying one of the new Minis because:
1. I don't have any nice alternative 16mm tanks to fit on it + the supplied Joyetech tank only holds 1.8ml
2. 850mAh battery capacity is just too small (I'd need a spare)

Unless you have a specific reason for getting the 16mm 850mAh Mini, I would advise you to get a 19mm 1100mAh to go with your Mega. You'll be getting better battery life, a larger tank (if recent reports are true) + compatibility with the Kanger Subtank Nano. The 1100mAh is also 5mm shorter than the 850mAh Mini (105mm vs 110mm) which actually makes it a better stealth mod.

Best of luck with the switch to vaping!

Last edited:

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
If I might add. I picked up a 2.5 tank and extra batt for my 1100 mah version. They're so small, I can carry both with the combined tank cap of 4.3 ml. I can actually fudge and fit 2 ml in the small tank and 2.8 in the larger one. (with thicker juice)
15.99 for 2.5 tank from evcigarettes. Only black and silver, though. I could see them offering new colors in the near future. You can also order tank without base for 6.99.
1431910845785.jpg

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
I got cold feet ordering from China. Too impatient, I suppose. So many horror stories floating around about shipping times. (or even loss) Only one US retailer had the battery in stock shipped for 45.00. But our friends down at EVcigarettes just got the kits in and are running a 15% off memorial day coupon. For 55.00 shipped, I just had to pull the trigger for the complete kit. Fingers crossed for Tuesday. Can someone say VAPEMAIL! Lol

But wait, there is more... Kanger is rolling out the new Subox kit very soon and it comes in colors. Word on the street is some supplies will be carrying the replacement Subtank Minis in black! Also, an assortment of colored o rings as well. That thing is gonna look dope on the Mega. 2015 is shaping right up in the vapeworld.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0764/1083/products/subox-kit-4.jpg?v=1431950915

Appeltaart

May 10, 2015
Just recieved my eGo One Mega and Subtank Mini. They pair up beautifully and would've been exactly what I wanted.

Unfortunately, I have been having big problems with the connection. They do not sit flush for me at all and I actually have to unscrew them until they're wobbly before it even considers firing. Even then it's hit or miss.

EDIT: Apparently this wasn't a eGo One/Subtank connection issue. It was actually an issue with the Subtank's RBA section not making contact with the deck. Vape on! :)

Last edited:

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Just recieved my eGo One Mega and Subtank Mini. They pair up beautifully and would've been exactly what I wanted.

Unfortunately, I have been having big problems with the connection. They do not sit flush for me at all and I actually have to unscrew them until they're wobbly before it even considers firing. Even then it's hit or miss.

EDIT: Apparently this wasn't a eGo One/Subtank connection issue. It was actually an issue with the Subtank's RBA section not making contact with the deck. Vape on! :)
This is really great news! Pics???

I have been hearing some complaints about the new RBA section and connection issues regarding the new mini tank.

I've received the Mega kit. To my dismay, EV offered the replacement batt for 29.99 at the very last minute during their Mem day 15% coupon offer. (clever marketing?) I did order one, but now am waiting, staring at this unopened Mega kit box. I'm demonstrating every ounce of discipline in my being to not unwrap so I can return or resell. LOL

Last edited:

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
They look even beter than I expected. Especially with the RBA and black o-rings, I'd say. The gap between the pair does get me a little OCD, but is probably hard to notice if you're not aware of it. Sub-ohm doesn't get much prettier than this.

IMG_20150527_224439_1.jpg
IMG_20150527_224656_1.jpg
Nice representation. Thank you!

Gonna do the black on black, smoked glass, and black o-rings. Super mudered out.

Appeltaart

May 10, 2015
I've always had a thing for bare metal, but that sounds like a killer choice, too. I hope the finishes on those match just as well, because these match all but perfectly. Either way, good luck with the wait/discipline!

And the Subtank does sit flush on the eGo with the OCC coil. I guess the RBA prevents these from either aligning or firing.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
I've always had a thing for bare metal, but that sounds like a killer choice, too. I hope the finishes on those match just as well, because these match all but perfectly. Either way, good luck with the wait/discipline!

And the Subtank does sit flush on the eGo with the OCC coil. I guess the RBA prevents these from either aligning or firing.
Thanks!

There is going to be a slight color variation as the One is blackened stainless, the ST being coated. I'll deal, though. As OCD as I am. Lol

That's good to hear about the OCC's. Ordered a couple of first gen RBA's from MVS for that reason.

Looks like my singular batt is out for delivery today! Yay vapemail! Can't believe how fast EVcigs ships their product out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread