Joyetech Ego ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Just viewed the PBusardo review from March. Learned some interesting facts that confirmed my suspicions. On it, he does some voltage/wattage graphing tests at various loads. The Ego One is not unregulated, but rather semi regulated. Must be why the battery life is so good, hard as it hits. Also in his findings, it will fire from close to 3.0 down to .3 ohms.
I definitely want to pick up a Mega batt now.
Through my own testing this evening (granted with lesser quality equipment) my fully charged 1100 fired 3.8 volts under a .7 ohm load. Or about 20.6 watts. Formidable, considering it's size.

tests happen between 34:45 and 37:24

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
He corrected that later. It's a mech mod with battery protection.
You are absolutely right, Carnage. My apologies for jumping the gun without further checking. I might catch some hell for this, but I almost mentioned in that post my previous disdain for Pbusardo and ensuing redemption value for his findings. Well sorry ol' PBu. Right back down the toilet *swish*

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
As if the 1100 mAh Ego One isn't small enough, there's now also The Ego One Mini - a slimmer 16 mm diameter version with 1.8 ml tank capacity and 850 mAh battery.

eGo_ONE_Mini_02.jpg

I can understand the need for an Ego One Mega with larger tank capacity and 2600 mAh battery, but the Mini isn't that much stealthier than the 1100 MAh. Although slimmer it's a touch longer at 109.7 mm compared to 105 mm with the 1100 mAh. 1.8 tank capacity is the same but the 850 mAh battery isn't going to last long with 0.5 heads.

Ego One 1100 Mah-------Ego One Mini 850 mAh
ego_One_04.jpg
View attachment 457139

That mini is going to look great under my GP Spheroid.
Perfect size match and the 2.5ml @1.1Ω-1.2Ω. should need a fill about the same time the battery needs a charge.

Cheers
I

Been vaping this little beast for 2 days now and I haven't even touched any of my other mods.

I got the 1100 mah version because I wanted something small. I do need to charge it once during the day but so far it's not a big deal and it can be used a passthrough while it's charging.

I am sure the 2200 mah version would easily last the entire day. I'm guessing I'll get about 6 months from the battery before it needs replacing as it's basically getting charged 2 times a day. Not bad for $60 total and replacement batteries can be had for about $25 bucks.

I vape about 5ml a day so I do need to refill it 3 or 4 times a day.

Overall this thing is a very nice little device. I've been vaping for about 6-years now and I have and have had some of the best and most expensive mods you can buy. I'd give this little combo a 9/10.
Just found out that A bigger tank is coming out due to the complains that the tank does not hold much. Waiting for mine.

Sent from my iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
The .5 clr heads are killer. A little bit of a juice hog but considering results worth it. I use a local brand max vg juice and chain vaped 2.5ml at 25w on my vs and never got a dry hit. I've got the 1100mah battery with me for stealth at work and the results are just as good. Compared to my tug with a .5 dual coil flavor is the same but the rda still wins cloud production. Who cares this thing works great for what it is I like the tank on other devices too. If these were around when I started vaping to quit analogs I'd still be using them. Shows how much simple devices have come in a year. Way better than a vv ego with whatever clearo was popular at the time.

Reactions: ephilbe

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
The .5 clr heads are killer. A little bit of a juice hog but considering results worth it. I use a local brand max vg juice and chain vaped 2.5ml at 25w on my vs and never got a dry hit. I've got the 1100mah battery with me for stealth at work and the results are just as good. Compared to my tug with a .5 dual coil flavor is the same but the rda still wins cloud production. Who cares this thing works great for what it is I like the tank on other devices too. If these were around when I started vaping to quit analogs I'd still be using them. Shows how much simple devices have come in a year. Way better than a vv ego with whatever clearo was popular at the time.
Out of curiosity, have you rebuilt a CLR head yet and if so, what wire/wraps did you use?

Thanks in advance.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
No build yet but it looks easy enough. I need to find out what gage wire they used and see what else I can fit in that small space. I got the clr's in last Friday and started using one right away. I killed the 1100mah by lunch so the tank is back on the vs at 25w.
Yes, it does look fairly simple with the CLR coil. The Joyetech tutorial vid was pretty informative. Except for wire gauge, lol. I pulled a CL head apart yesterday with the intent to rebuild. Botched the job, though. I believe I'd prefer a vertical coil, but could be wrong. My findings on the wire in it were 5 wraps of what measured out to be 24 awg at about the wrap diameter .15". The only problem with ohm matching was that the end leads had non resistance wire fused to them. I would like to come in at around .6-.7 optimally for a little longer batt life. My calculations for that would have me building with 25 awg Kanthal. Oddball wire, I know. But If I can get that perfect build...

Last edited:
Reactions: taotoo

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
Yes, it does look fairly simple with the CLR coil. The Joyetech tutorial vid was pretty informative. Except for wire gauge, lol. I pulled a CL head apart yesterday with the intent to rebuild. Botched the job, though. I believe I'd prefer a vertical coil, but could be wrong. My findings on the wire in it were 5 wraps of what measured out to be 24 awg at about the wrap diameter .15". The only problem with ohm matching was that the end leads had non resistance wire fused to them. I would like to come in at around .6-.7 optimally for a little longer batt life. My calculations for that would have me building with 25 awg Kanthal. Oddball wire, I know. But If I can get that perfect build...

24awg?? I just took one apart and it looks closer to 28 than 26 wire? Still waiting for my clr's. i just can't get the cl ones to not leak once i rebuild or rewick them.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
24awg?? I just took one apart and it looks closer to 28 than 26 wire? Still waiting for my clr's. i just can't get the cl ones to not leak once i rebuild or rewick them.
I forgot to mention it was a .5 ohm head. After cleaning gunk off, the coil (not fused on non resistance leads) measured out at .5mm with my digital caliper. According to a wire gauge chart, 25 awg is 0.45466mm, and 24 awg is 0.51054mm. Figured it had to be somewhere close, even accounting for error. Also had a roll of 26 to do a "next to" comparison. According to my eyeball, it was larger in diameter.

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
I forgot to mention it was a .5 ohm head. After cleaning gunk off, the coil (not fused on non resistance leads) measured out at .5mm with my digital caliper. According to a wire gauge chart, 25 awg is 0.45466mm, and 24 awg is 0.51054mm. Figured it had to be somewhere close, even accounting for error. Also had a roll of 26 to do a "next to" comparison. According to my eyeball, it was larger in diameter.

Oh yeah, sorry, i only use 1.0 ohm heads..my bad! Any success on rebuilding those??

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Oh yeah, sorry, i only use 1.0 ohm heads..my bad! Any success on rebuilding those??
No worries. I was starting to question the quality of my calipers. Lol.

No, I haven't. My first attempt was botched due to warping the body while trying to get the cap back on with pliers. Think I'll try using a small c-clamp to press it in next time. Was definitely concerned with leakage issues had I succeeded. Waiting for the local B&M to carry CLR's in singles. Hoping somehow it will accommodate a vertical build. Also would like to know if there is an inside diameter/airflow difference between the .5 and 1.0 CLR offerings, or is it just different resistance coil in the same body.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
You can get 5 pack for $10 at FT. There is a huge difference in bottom pin airflow hole between .5 and 1 ohm cl heads, so i guess it will be similar in clr heads?
I tried to rebuild/rewick at least 5 times, worked great for first few puffs, but then it just leaked all over. Gave up on that idea, so i can't wait for clr's to arrive. Now using couple of rda's and lemo 2, and they all work great, but i still miss the little "one" :)

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
You can get 5 pack for $10 at FT. There is a huge difference in bottom pin airflow hole between .5 and 1 ohm cl heads, so i guess it will be similar in clr heads?
I tried to rebuild/rewick at least 5 times, worked great for first few puffs, but then it just leaked all over. Gave up on that idea, so i can't wait for clr's to arrive. Now using couple of rda's and lemo 2, and they all work great, but i still miss the little "one" :)
I would hope there would be a difference, but can't eek out any solid info about it on the web.

Yeah, I hear ya. If I can't get good results on the second try, just gonna scrap the idea.

Too bad you aren't close by, I have a couple of extra 1.0 cl's I'd give you to get by until they arrive. What is the eta?

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
I would hope there would be a difference, but can't eek out any solid info about it on the web.

Yeah, I hear ya. If I can't get good results on the second try, just gonna scrap the idea.

Too bad you aren't close by, I have a couple of extra 1.0 cl's I'd give you to get by until they arrive. What is the eta?

Comparing the pictures at FT, you can see the difference in bottom pin: $9.81 Authentic Joyetech eGo ONE CLR Coil Head (5-Pack) - 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$9.81 Authentic Joyetech eGo ONE CLR Coil Head (5-Pack) - 1ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

look at the last photo.

Thanks for kind offer, but i'm not too worried about ETA. Can easily survive on my current hardware :) Lemo 2 is great btw, but its huge. I really like what joyetech is doing lately. ( check their new evic vt, that will be my next mod :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread