Joyetech Ego ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Comparing the pictures at FT, you can see the difference in bottom pin: $9.81 Authentic Joyetech eGo ONE CLR Coil Head (5-Pack) - 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$9.81 Authentic Joyetech eGo ONE CLR Coil Head (5-Pack) - 1ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

look at the last photo.

Thanks for kind offer, but i'm not too worried about ETA. Can easily survive on my current hardware :) Lemo 2 is great btw, but its huge. I really like what joyetech is doing lately. ( check their new evic vt, that will be my next mod :D )
Ahh, I see now! Thank you for the links. Yes, I believe Joyetech has made large strides for 2015. This whole coil thing will determine whether I will purchase an Ego One Mega or Delta 2 tank as I am partial to black hardware. The Mega is smaller than the Delta 2 and holds more liquid. But that rba deck is pretty sweet...

Last edited:
Reactions: vjdossey

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
haven't try the delta, but if you're going that route, check out the lemo. I was intrigued by delta 2 as well, but then i thought why not get a proper rta for rebuilding. I'd say its better quality, top filling is nice and its a smooth vape ( no whistle or cracking sound ). When i got it, i almost threw it in the trash, but since i've put my own build in, its probably the best vape i ever had ( rda's are nice, but i hate dry hits that i always get )

here is another link for you: Joyetech VT 60w | MelodyVapes.com joyetech 60W temp control for $60!

we got a bit off topic here, so sorry for that if somebody else is reading. Ego one is still a great device! :)

Reactions: aikanae1

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
haven't try the delta, but if you're going that route, check out the lemo. I was intrigued by delta 2 as well, but then i thought why not get a proper rta for rebuilding. I'd say its better quality, top filling is nice and its a smooth vape ( no whistle or cracking sound ). When i got it, i almost threw it in the trash, but since i've put my own build in, its probably the best vape i ever had ( rda's are nice, but i hate dry hits that i always get )

here is another link for you: Joyetech VT 60w | MelodyVapes.com joyetech 60W temp control for $60!

we got a bit off topic here, so sorry for that if somebody else is reading. Ego one is still a great device! :)
Edited* I meant RBA deck for the Delta 2.

Too bad no black option for Lemo 2. :(

Yes, we got a little far afoot. Although, loosely based on Ego One coils. My apologies as well to the readers.

Last edited:

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
1432072797296.jpg
Well, back to a more relevant Ego One post. I have made a discovery. For those of you that like an extended batt life with the 1.0 ohm CL coil but would like a little more airflow...

Having some leftover parts from cannibalizing a coil, I decided to try a .5 contact pin in the 1.0 ohm unit. It really strikes a happy medium, IMO.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

Lots of interesting things coming out but those colors are awful! WTH Joyetech? Add another $15 to wrap it.

Reactions: ephilbe

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
I'll never bite on that type of mod again. Ismoka ruined it for me. Almost bit on the heatvape invader but did more research from actual owners that used them for more than a week and passed on it. If it's not Evolv or YIHI based I won't buy anymore. Back on topic, thanks for the specs on the coil fellas I think I'll try a nickel and a kenthal build soon as I kill one.

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
View attachment 458084 Well, back to a more relevant Ego One post. I have made a discovery. For those of you that like an extended batt life with the 1.0 ohm CL coil but would like a little more airflow...

Having some leftover parts from cannibalizing a coil, I decided to try a .5 contact pin in the 1.0 ohm unit. It really strikes a happy medium, IMO.

Nice! Now I need to hurry up and get home so I can try this on mine. I prefer the airflow on the .5 ohm coils, but sweet jeebus does it go through the juice fast.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Nice! Now I need to hurry up and get home so I can try this on mine. I prefer the airflow on the .5 ohm coils, but sweet jeebus does it go through the juice fast.
Haha! Yes, my juice intake has skyrocketed post Ego One too. I started playing around with drip tip stem bore diameters as well. From my perception on airflow draw through the One tank, fully open, with the 0.5 coil, I couldn't notice any discernible difference beyond 3/16"/4.75mm bore. I suppose there could be some flavor dynamics that come into play, but don't trust my palate at that level.

Also tried playing with chamfering bore to reduce that dam whistle. (with less than moderate success) Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: caboog78

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
Haha! Yes, my juice intake has skyrocketed post Ego One too. I started playing around with drip tip stem bore diameters as well. From my perception on airflow draw through the One tank, fully open, with the 0.5 coil, I couldn't notice any discernible difference beyond 3/16"/4.75mm bore. I suppose there could be some flavor dynamics that come into play, but don't trust my palate at that level.

Also tried playing with chamfering bore to reduce that dam whistle. (with less than moderate success) Lol

That whistle is tough. Love this thing with the 1 Ohm coil, but the .5 burns the juice, the coil, and my ears! But that airflow though, makes it almost worth it

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
Flavor is right on with .5 clr heads. The draw back is it runs through juice. This thing is on par with my tug and real close to my modded orchid. Now I wished I had the mega tank lol. Clearo's have come a long way and keep getting better. This one imo is a little under rated though. The cl vertical heaqds are good but the clr completely changes it's performance. I left my vs at home yesterday and carried around the ego1100mah for stealth and wanted for nothing. Sadly the wife is still complaining about the hotter vape and won't carry it often.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Deleted Per OP request- Robino1

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
Hi guys and thank for all the useful info.
I am a newbie to sub ohm vaping. Bought ego one to give it a try. But I find it producing way too much vapor and is too hot to my liking even with 1 ohm coil with max airflow. The tank keeps gurgling and spitting all the time. I use 50/50 juice.
I'd like to put the tank to use. So I'm looking for 1.5-2.5 ohm coil heads that will fit into the ego one atomizer. Are there any? Rebuilding is not an option for me.
Is there a way to fix the gurgling?

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
My ego one just arrived yesterday. Liking it so far, but a little concerned about wicking 70vg juices - it seems to be on the verge of a dry hit if I take 2 hits too close together.

Sorry I don't understand - what's a CL or CLR head? would either of those help prevent dry hits?

And why oh why oh why do they keep making these things with such a tiny gap for refilling the juice? All my juice comes with dropper caps, so I guess I need to pour some in a plastic bottle with a small tip. I sure don't wanna carry a syringe around!

Other than that, I was blown away by the vapor from this tiny little thing - giving my ST mini on an istick 50w some competition!

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
The CL coil head is a vertical coil and the CLR is a horizontal coil and is supposed to be easier to rebuild. That's what the R stands for. I bought some CLR coils when I bought the Ego One tank but haven't used them yet.

Yeah the gap is tiny. I use bottles with needle tips. You can buy needle tip caps for standard plastic bottles. I can't remember where I bought mine though.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Is that what you are using with the ONE?
IMO that would be a nice set up and not too pricey either. Seriously considering it and skipping the ONE tank.
No, I don't own a GS Air M or MS. I bought an Ego One tank to go with my Ego One battery. I was responding to this post
Hi guys and thank for all the useful info.
I am a newbie to sub ohm vaping. Bought ego one to give it a try. But I find it producing way too much vapor and is too hot to my liking even with 1 ohm coil with max airflow. The tank keeps gurgling and spitting all the time. I use 50/50 juice.
I'd like to put the tank to use. So I'm looking for 1.5-2.5 ohm coil heads that will fit into the ego one atomizer. Are there any? Rebuilding is not an option for me.
Is there a way to fix the gurgling?
I have tried my GS Air on the Ego One battery and it's a much cooler vape. It vapes fine, much like running it on an iStick at about 9-10 watts. I believe that the M and MS are very similar to the first GS Air since they use the same coils. The M and MS are 19mm and the first GS Air is 18mm so it doesn't look as good on the Ego One battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread