Joyetech eGrip - I am loving this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Care to elaborate a little? I haven't seen them yet. :D

Here's a pretty good video review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXeVfaDk2yU

I would have gone with one of these if it weren't for the cost of the replacement coils. I really think this is the direction a lot of manufacturers will go....or should. Simplicity and functionality are what I think most new vapers want. They want their setup to work, be reliable, and produce a decent enough vape to replace a former cigarette addiction. At least that is what I've been searching for.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
So I am 2 days into it and have not had a glitch. Great vapor, great taste, sturdy and compact. I obviously do not know the usable life of the coil yet, but will let you know when I have to change it. (not that that really means anything as useful life varies from user to user) I guess the biggest thing for me is just the small and study size... no atty on top getting tweaked when in my pocket. The coils are 3.50 a piece and for me that was about 1/4 of what I smoked in a single day.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Looks nice and coil costs aren't deal breakers unless they get crazy. Only question I can come up with is can you use any drip tip or just what grows on it.

Wuzznt: In the Twisted420? review/video he said any drip tip can be put on it. However, he found the typical size drip tip too small, and thought it was awkward on this device, so he kept using the larger/taller than usual one that comes with the unit. Basically was saying once you put a really small tip on it, since the unit is so small already it makes it look like you're sucking on the mod part of the device.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Any drip tip... I do not like metal drip tips and I wanted it to be really small in my pocket so I put a stubby delrin on it.

stubby.jpg

Looks nice and coil costs aren't deal breakers unless they get crazy. Only question I can come up with is can you use any drip tip or just what grows on it.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
I am simply amazed at the few reviews I have seen. Coming from experienced vapers who regularly use rebuildables , drippers, and larger mods....they're all raving that this thing has amazing flavor and vapour. The coils are spendy, but I'm starting to think they are spendy because they appear to be extremely efficient and well built. Longevity of the coils remains to be seen. I think that Matt from SuckMyMod said he'd been on the first coil for a couple of weeks. I have no idea how much he'd been using the device though.

Everyone is reporting that the device is working with no issues of leaking, flooding, gurgling, dry hits...or other bothersome tendencies. The reviewers I've seen were pulling a TON of air though that device. If I did that on any of my Kanger toppers it would have been a disaster. That to me is the measure of success at this point. I'm a new vaper, but it seems the general consensus is that almost all other clearomizers and toppers have some of their own issues. Every one I've tried so far has been finicky to use. I haven't tried a Nautilus mini.

This just looks like the device for someone who wants a no-fuss experience and good vape. Maybe won't appeal to someone generally into the hobbyist aspect and rebuilding coils, etc.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I saw that review as well and I don't have a problem with the small tip. The world be boring without personal preference :)

Wuzznt: In the Twisted420? review/video he said any drip tip can be put on it. However, he found the typical size drip tip too small, and thought it was awkward on this device, so he kept using the larger/taller than usual one that comes with the unit. Basically was saying once you put a really small tip on it, since the unit is so small already it makes it look like you're sucking on the mod part of the device.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I am certainly the other side of the spectrum... I prefer a tighter draw, do not use high voltage, do not use a rebuildable... lately I have been using the SD and its PCC... again great vapor, no fuss and an auto that is dependable so I can hold it in my teeth... I generally have my eGo-CC or my eMode at the ready (cause you always need more than one). So from the other side of vaping, it is a winner as well.

I am simply amazed at the few reviews I have seen. Coming from experienced vapers who regularly use rebuildables , drippers, and larger mods....they're all raving that this thing has amazing flavor and vapour. The coils are spendy, but I'm starting to think they are spendy because they appear to be extremely efficient and well built. Longevity of the coils remains to be seen. I think that Matt from SuckMyMod said he'd been on the first coil for a couple of weeks. I have no idea how much he'd been using the device though.

Everyone is reporting that the device is working with no issues of leaking, flooding, gurgling, dry hits...or other bothersome tendencies. The reviewers I've seen were pulling a TON of air though that device. If I did that on any of my Kanger toppers it would have been a disaster. That to me is the measure of success at this point. I'm a new vaper, but it seems the general consensus is that almost all other clearomizers and toppers have some of their own issues. Every one I've tried so far has been finicky to use. I haven't tried a Nautilus mini.

This just looks like the device for someone who wants a no-fuss experience and good vape. Maybe won't appeal to someone generally into the hobbyist aspect and rebuilding coils, etc.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Agreed. The drip tip was entirely personal preference on his part. And yes, I am with you... not into cloud chasing, sub ohm, or rebuildables. But the fact that those who are into that are still impressed with it's flavor and vapor production tells me what the device is capable of.

I actually didn't know what you're referring to with SD and PCC ......not familiar with those. But no fuss and dependable is what I have been after. This may just be the ticket. Glad you are sharing your experience with this one. Thanks.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I got the SD because it is an agreeable size for someone coming off of cigs and I wanted a little tank system with replaceable coils. The downside was of course battery life and then came the charging case. It is slender, fits well in the pocket and again sturdy... I keep talking sturdy because I move around alot and enjoy doing construction work. I was a pack and a half a day smoker so I use my ecig often and many times in hostile environments, so it must be satiating and it must hold up well to abuse. I also used to clench my cig in my teeth because my hands were busy... and the SD with the topfilling atty body allows for that and is small enough where I am not concerned with developing buck teeth.

Agreed. The drip tip was entirely personal preference on his part. And yes, I am with you... not into cloud chasing, sub ohm, or rebuildables. But the fact that those who are into that are still impressed with it's flavor and vapor production tells me what the device is capable of.

I actually didn't know what you're referring to with SD and PCC ......not familiar with those. But no fuss and dependable is what I have been after. This may just be the ticket. Glad you are sharing your experience with this one. Thanks.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
The SD is a decent vape. All day at work I use the eRoll for hands free though because it's smaller. I've got one of the cases so one is charging while I'm vaping one and I've got a place to put it down on breaks etc. while I'm using a mod. I carry a 5 pack of filled tanks and usually vape at least three during "hands free" hours. I wish someone would come up with a softer tank for one or the other though lol. Guess I'm going to have to give the eGrip a try. If a coil only lasts a week $3.50 is an issue??? I don't think so for me. I usually don't stretch coils out on anything. When the new wears off I toss the sucker and smile.

Bobdinski

Dec 20, 2010
Nh
Are you going to offer the replacement atty's? My main ecig was confiscated at the entrance to the buffalo bills game ( if you can believe that...) and I need to pull the trigger on either a new 510 battery or was thinking this unit. I am a usual customer of yours and don't want to place the order until I can get some atty's too. I did not see them on your website.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Yes, the attys will be coming in the next shipment. The kit has 2 in it. I can't believe they took your ecig! Do they confiscate packs of cigs at the entrance?

Are you going to offer the replacement atty's? My main ecig was confiscated at the entrance to the buffalo bills game ( if you can believe that...) and I need to pull the trigger on either a new 510 battery or was thinking this unit. I am a usual customer of yours and don't want to place the order until I can get some atty's too. I did not see them on your website.

Bobdinski

Dec 20, 2010
Nh
Nope - the were not taking lighters or regular cigs from people (my buddy had his). I was livid - to say the least. Not even sure I can explain to you how upsetting this was...

Thank you for helping me quit smoking BTW!! Best decision of my life. 4 years and finally at a point where cigarettes are just gross to me. Truly an amazing product. Thank you for your advocacy as well. It's clear why you do this, as its such a positive life changing experience that should be shared for those who need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread