Joyetech eGrip RBA Base - Mini Kayfun Style RBA Build For Your eGrip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
egriprbabase.png

egriprbabase_1.png

egriprbabase_2.png

egriprbabase_3.png

egriprbabase_4.png

egriprbabase_5.png

egriprbabase_6.png

egriprbabase_7.png

egriprbabase_8.png

joyetech eGrip rba Base - Extra Pre-built Cotton coils
$12.50

The eGrip RBA base is designed for the Joyetech eGrip battery. With this base, the tank in the eGrip battery body can be changed into a RBA directly. The RBA build is on a mini base but with availability of pre-built coils the build is fairly easy, KayFun style. Coils are not wrapped around tiny screws but simply 'hooked' into side holes, then screws are screwed down to clamp the connection.

Filling on these is as easy as the CS Coil Head Base that comes natively on the egrip. You simply flip the door on the side and fill.

This base has following features:
  • Changeable coil unit - convenient and economical for users to replace coils as they wish.
  • Standard two-post RBA base.
  • Increased airflow for more vapor production. With an extra inlet hole in RBA stand, it has larger airflow enabling a more productive vaping experience.
  • Size: Height 23mm;Diameter 14mm
  • Threading: NO - this goes in same place after you remove the eGrip CS head base.
  • Resistance: >1.2ohm

INCLUDES:
  • 1 RBA Base
  • 1 Mini Screwdriver
  • 1 Resistance Wire
  • 2 O Rings
  • 4 Screws
  • 1 Pad Organic Cotton
  • 2 Pre-Built RBA Coils
  • We will have an eGrip 510 Adapter in soon so that you can measure resistance
  • We will also have Pre-built cotton heads so you can enjoy the flavor without messing with the build!

Last edited:

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
This RBA Base is a necessity for the eGrip as far as I'm concerned. If you are familiar with recoiling, you will love this thing. It's also a good stage for learning to build your own coils - just be forewarned, there is a learning curve with coils and wicking so be patient. I didn't care for the original coils (dryer, less full vape for me) and tried the BVCs and liked them better, but the RBA gives the ability to customize the eGrip to personal tastes.

Along with the 510 base (extra and hopefully coming soon) it's easy to recoil or rewick, dry burn, and check ohms on your eGrip RBA. Perhaps Danno can let us know on that.

I initially used the prebuilt coils supplied with the RBA, but found I preferred a higher resistance (abt. 2.8Ω) and rayon wick. With the cotton I had to fiddle with the wick every couple of days, but with rayon I've been going for well over 2 weeks without even opening up the tank... granted, it's getting time to take a look, but since it's still doing fine I'm trying to resist.

The RBA really turns the eGrip into a major contender in my book.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
This RBA Base is a necessity for the eGrip as far as I'm concerned. If you are familiar with recoiling, you will love this thing. It's also a good stage for learning to build your own coils - just be forewarned, there is a learning curve with coils and wicking so be patient. I didn't care for the original coils (dryer, less full vape for me) and tried the BVCs and liked them better, but the RBA gives the ability to customize the eGrip to personal tastes.

Along with the 510 base (extra and hopefully coming soon) it's easy to recoil or rewick, dry burn, and check ohms on your eGrip RBA. Perhaps Danno can let us know on that.

I initially used the prebuilt coils supplied with the RBA, but found I preferred a higher resistance (abt. 2.8Ω) and rayon wick. With the cotton I had to fiddle with the wick every couple of days, but with rayon I've been going for well over 2 weeks without even opening up the tank... granted, it's getting time to take a look, but since it's still doing fine I'm trying to resist.

The RBA really turns the eGrip into a major contender in my book.

Yes we have that 510 Adapter coming along with pre-built wicks

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Oops sorry - reading one thread, answering another!

How low can the egrip fire the rba base? I know this info must be easy to find on here but I can't find it. :(
I believe I read somewhere that it was 1.1 ohm minimum ( designed for 1.50 ohms.) it's not designed for subohm use. it may fire lower than that, but that would probably void the warranty.

Last edited:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Thanks. A 30-35 watt egrip which fires .5 coils & everyone has one in their pockets. We can hope...

If ya got the wattage that you want, what is the advantage of the low ohms? I always thought the reasoning for low ohm coils was to get the wattage up higher on a non-regulated mech. :confused:

Oh, and how do you get vapor when it's in your pocket? ;)

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
Can someone link a reliable online show where I can get one of these?

Joyetech eGrip RBA Base - Extra Pre-built Cotton Coils [gv-JoyetecheGripRBABase] - $12.50 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Welcome to ECF and welcome to GotVapes, Pandahat. Some vendors have their own sub-forums on ECF. You posted this in GotVapes' forum. GotVapes is one of the most reliable and outstanding vendors you will find. Try 'em out.

All of the eGrip stuff is here: http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=104_445

Last edited:

pandahat0509

Jan 17, 2015
Thanks :) I live up in northern az. Only one vape shop up here with limited stock. Luckily I found a place in Phoenix that is sending me one in the mail as I type :D. Anyone have any links to threads of some unique coil builds with these things?
I was planning on combining 3 micro heating coils and weaving the cotton through them. If at all possible haha. Just a crazy thought I had.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
Thanks :) I live up in northern az. Only one vape shop up here with limited stock. Luckily I found a place in Phoenix that is sending me one in the mail as I type :D. Anyone have any links to threads of some unique coil builds with these things?
I was planning on combining 3 micro heating coils and weaving the cotton through them. If at all possible haha. Just a crazy thought I had.

Hat, there is a whole sub-forum here on ECF dedicated to coil builds: Coil Builds

Thousands of threads there on every kind of build that can be imagined. ECF is a big place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread