Joyetech eRoll : User REVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndriaD, After reading your post, I figured..why not?, and decided to leave my PCC unplugged to see if the red light does come on. It did, the next morning about 10 minutes before I had to leave for work! :-(. Good thing I have a car charger. Anyway, that was about 24 hours.
I always change to different attys when I change juices. Makes for a fair comparison IMO.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hmm, that's weird. I've had mine unplugged for a few days now (not vaping anymore till I get some 6mg non-tobacco flavors!), and the red "time to charge" light *never* comes on. Not sure what to think about that; I know it's genuine, I checked the number on the back of the box with the joyetech site. I'm bumfuzzled.

:confused:
Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Ok, after posting the above, and scratching my head in puzzlement for a while, I decided to plug my PCC back in and see how long it took to charge, knowing that it took approx 4.5 hrs to charge it the first time.

I discovered that it charged and displayed the green light less than 2 hrs after I plugged it in this morning. What this is apparently telling me is that it never displayed the "time to charge" red light because it never got to that point. The last time before today that I had plugged it in was Wed. night; Thursday I had an unpleasant experience with vaping, and have not vaped since, so I have not been charging my eRolls either, which is probably why it never became discharged enough to display the red light. Once I get some e-juice I can stomach, I'll be vaping more regularly, so I'll be charging the eRolls more regularly as well, and can have a better idea of how long for the PCC to become discharged enough to display that red light.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm about to receive 2 new e-juices, and I'm wondering, before I taste them, do I need to change the atomizer too, or would just changing the cartridge suffice, to get a real taste of the new juice? The one I've been trying for a few days is fairly sweet, but I don't think the 2 I'm about to get are very sweet, if at all.

Someone here responded to this with something like, 'yes you would taste the old flavor from the atomizer itself, but it burns away quickly,' but I cannot find that post anywhere, so I dunno who posted that. What I'm wondering is, how quickly? In preparation for a new flavor I'm getting, which is NOT tobacco, I removed the tanks of that tobacco-flavored juice; since a) I don't presently have any other atomizers, and b) I don't even have the new juice yet, I left the tanks completely off, to kinda let the atomizer and other parts inside air out; will it take long for the old flavor to burn away, especially with something being vaped like the Cinnamon Redhot I'm awaiting?

Thx!
Andria

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Someone here responded to this with something like, 'yes you would taste the old flavor from the atomizer itself, but it burns away quickly,' but I cannot find that post anywhere, so I dunno who posted that. What I'm wondering is, how quickly? In preparation for a new flavor I'm getting, which is NOT tobacco, I removed the tanks of that tobacco-flavored juice; since a) I don't presently have any other atomizers, and b) I don't even have the new juice yet, I left the tanks completely off, to kinda let the atomizer and other parts inside air out; will it take long for the old flavor to burn away, especially with something being vaped like the Cinnamon Redhot I'm awaiting?

Thx!
Andria

You can rinse out the atomizer with HOT water and let it dry--that will remove most of the residue from your previous juice. I would think that the cinnamon will overpower any other flavor that's there rather quickly.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
You can rinse out the atomizer with HOT water and let it dry--that will remove most of the residue from your previous juice. I would think that the cinnamon will overpower any other flavor that's there rather quickly.

Very cool! I had no idea!! I will do that right away, so that when I get the new juice, probably Thursday-ish, they should be dried out and ready to go, and maybe not reeking of tobacco. :D

Thanks a million!! :thumb:
Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
You know, on second thought... I think I'm a bit terrified of destroying those atomizers. I disassembled both my eRolls completely, and even after just a single night of airing out, they are a good bit less smelly. So, I think maybe I'll just leave them completely disassembled, and let them continue to just air out, since now the atomizers are completely removed and open to the air. By Thursday-Friday, the tobacco smell might not be a big thing at all, and you're right, with an intense flavor like cinnamon redhot, it will probably overwhelm any lingering tobacco taste/smell.

But thanks... it's nice to know that I probably *could* rinse them; I might even get brave enough to try it, after I get some more atomizers -- I just don't want to risk my very limited supply of them, at the moment; they cost a bit more than the tanks, so until payday I'm pretty much stuck with the 4 I have (the other two are even more stinky, so I just stuck them in a drawer to let 'em air out over a longer period of time).

Thx!
Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I drop my atomizers into a pan of boiling water for about 5 minutes every week or so. Cleans them out pretty good, and so far, the attys are lasting in excess of 2 months. Let them air dry for a day before re-use. Hope this helps!

It's very good to know. After I let those air out, I ended up getting some Kringle's Curse last night, and although I could taste the leavings of the tobacco flavor with the first, and maybe 2nd, puff, it faded away pretty quick with that strong peppermint to take its place. So when I *finally* get the cinnamon, it should work out much the same. Thanks to this evil "Pax", the mail didn't run at all Wed and Thurs; it did run today, but no surprise, the e-juice wasn't there. :( Nothing but junk mail! Con artists that want to sell me $5000 for $10,000! They must think I'm an idiot! :p

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I have *finally* found an ejuice I really like -- "Virginia" from myfreedomsmokes.com -- the taste is almost IDENTICAL to VA Slims -- in fact, vaping it is better, because my cigarettes are ultra-light -- the ejuice is only 6mg, but the throat hit is MUCH better than the actual cigarettes! I still haven't completely laid down the smokes, but I'm starting to find that I like vaping this flavor better, BECAUSE of that stronger throat hit. Last night after dinner I experimented with replacing my after-dinner smoke with vaping... and it tingles the mouth even better than the cigarettes do! So I think I'm starting to hear the death-knell of the cigarettes loud and clear... :D :D :D

:banana:
Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well ever since I started trying this vaping thing, my long-established pack a day had gone steadily down -- it also helped that right before I got the eRoll and right after, I had a real #$&%$#%!!!! of a cold, so I naturally cut down just so I could keep breathing! In a day in which I don't vape at all, my cigarettes had gotten down to 13 a day -- 2 pks every 3 days, instead of every-other day. Yesterday I got this Virginia, around 2pm, and my cigarette consumption yesterday was only 10; today, I've had it all day, and although it's almost 11:30pm, so I've been awake roughly 12 hrs, I'm only smoked 6 cigarettes. I figure I might have one more before bed, but 7 is still a substantial reduction. I'm finding that not only is the TH better, it actually tastes better; when I've smoked today, I couldn't help but notice the harsher taste and burning throat, which is entirely absent from the vaping. However I do seem to be coughing more, whether from the vaping itself or the fewer cigarette assaults, I don't know.

One other thing makes me think this particular brand of "Virginia" is *just* right for me -- even though I've been vaping it all day, the smell of the e-juice and the vapor doesn't gross me out -- there's a light smell when I refill the tank, but I don't really smell any lingering scent from the vapor at all. The other tobaccos I've tried definitely failed both those criteria!!!

I've been trying to do the slower more mouth/nose than lung type inhales, and the taste/scent is very light, but very subtle, which is why I was having such a hard time trying to describe what sort of taste I was looking for. There's a definite bitterness on the exhale, but it too is light and subtle.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm really pulling for you, and everyone else looking to quit and/or just cut back on smoking! After just 50some days I personally feel alot better than I have in years. Wishing the absolute for all who try!

This Virginia is so good, today I only had 3 (cigarettes.) I think I probably will smoke half of one more, just before I go to bed. It's like The Incredible Shrinking Habit. :D

Andria

Darrin Thomas Rasberry

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
Ankeny, Iowa, United States
This is the best small unit I've had, and I went through quite a few before going to APV's. I used the eRolls pretty heavily and ended up burning through batteries on them quickly. I also had issues with getting a decent air draw on one of the units. All in all, though, it serviced my cigarette in hand habit until I took the plunge on a ProVari, and I'd definitely recommend them over any supermarket unit.

jav74

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Montenegro,Europe
Hmm, that's weird. I've had mine unplugged for a few days now (not vaping anymore till I get some 6mg non-tobacco flavors!), and the red "time to charge" light *never* comes on. Not sure what to think about that; I know it's genuine, I checked the number on the back of the box with the JoyeTech site. I'm bumfuzzled.

:confused:
Andria

I destroyed my 3 tanks with opening to cleaning,i destroy one batetty because liquid enter in her,i destroyed atomizer because i take out fiber to clean...,grrrr beginners mistakes...now i must buy new cartridge,new atys and new batt:-(
is it better buy new set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread