Status
Not open for further replies.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
The only reason people have been suggesting you don't chain vape with the eRoll is simply because the tanks are so small and the cone tends to get hot. But if that doesn't annoy you, the device can handle pretty much any style of vaping you want.

I have suggested that eRoll is not for chain vaping.

Can you chain vape with it? Not really with one unit. 2 units, OK. But really, it isn't a device to chain vape. That isn't really it's niche. If you are going to chain vape, you would be happier with a different set up, IMO.

Carrying 2 units and a bunch of carts or a juice bottle at best you may as well go with a small spinner and a larger tank.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Joyetech eRoll
An amazing e-Cigarette, probably the best "Cig-a-Like" to start our vaping journey with…

Foreword
1. This thread is in continuation to Part-I, here. Just splitting-it-up b'coz it got too long to 'search' the goodies.
2. This thread is intended to introduce the Joyetech eRoll (aka Ovale eMini) from an owner's perspective.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAUTION
If you are not a smoker, Don't pick-up an e-Cigarette. Pls don't indulge in an unnecessary habit, which might stay with you for a long time, and then there might be no going back. It'd be hard to stop, it'd be difficult, very difficult to replace. Vaping is an 'alternative'… not something which you should consciously 'start'. Pls be WARNED.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Categories of e-Cigarettes
Based on the invention/innovation of the e-Cig technology, it can be broadly divided into three categories. (1)The Cig-a-Likes, (2)the Pen-Style devices and (3)the Mods, or APVs. ECF explains it well in their "InfoZone" post
[/COLOR]here.

What a New Vaper Needs?

There are many pros to possessing an APV as a starter kit. Member Baditude explains it well in his Blog, "
A Good Starter Kit". Similarly, member darkhood explains many things in his thread, "Suggestions for Newbies". And Mariss716 advices on her Blog, "Budgeting for your first eCig purchase". Besides, there are quite a few others who have offered quality infoshare on the subject as well. However, the fact remains that a good chunk of us (many veterans here too) had commenced their e-Cig foray thru a Cig-a-Like! And many more are doing so by the day. Why? It's not that they didn't know about Mods, or they didn't research… it's just b'coz Cig-a-Likes are so easy to use. Less things to bother/tinker with… just pick-up & vape (usually) and kick that darn 'ol habit of smoking in one go altogether.

Which is why, the Joyetech eRoll

A Cig-a-Like with a difference! The eRoll targets that market segment which is 'visible' to everyone as an e-Cigarette. And takes it a step further… makes is likeable, enjoyable and stylish. They did it pretty well indeed! It's their next generation iteration of their popular eGo-T and eCab kits. Just that it's a miniature version with certain tweaks and performs rather better. It's slimmer, trimmer & shorter than most other Cig-a-Likes in the market as of March-2013… but performs much better than anyone out there, in every aspect.

Design & Performance
It's a "tank System" (Yay!) AND in the usual cigarette size. It's thus, a three-piece device which allows us to discard any part of it (be it the Battery, the Atomizer, or the Tank-Cartridge) if one fails. And all of them come pretty inexpensively (see costs below). Though the concept of an Atomizer+Tank Vs. Cartomizer system is debatable, I would anyday go with the former for its performance value. And when it's in this size, u have a mini-rocker in ur hands! The eRoll vapes very well indeed. Nothing, in a similar format, in the market today, comes close by it's efficiency. U won't believe me till you take a drag. It performs just like an APV… doles-out vapour like a Mod; gives a TH similar to a Mod; AND stays 'alive' with u till end-of-the-day just like a Mod. And all these in a form factor which could put many of the Mods to shame. Show me another Cig-a-Like which does! They don't.

Dimensions & Operation
At 93mm length, with an 8mm diameter, it's cigarette sized. Tad longer than a king size cigarette - but while at hand, held between the fingers, or the lips, it feels just the same. It's a 90mAh battery - but surprisingly produces a constant 3.7V of raw power. What that means? A steady flow of vapour, unhindered and smooth vaping experience for around 20-minutes. And that's longer than a typical cigarette break. Now, when we smoked - we didn't smoke a cigarette longer than that, did we? Exactly… this is what the eRoll tries to achieve. U vape a short while and then toss it into it's PCC. Keep the PCC handy, and when u need to vape again, just pick-up the e-Cig (eRoll) from the PCC and voila! Just like we used to earlier with the stinkies. See, nothing changed… except it's healthier. And this happens b'coz of a great PCC (read below).

The eRoll PCC & Charging
Unlike any other PCC (AFAIK), this one takes-in a completely assembled e-Cig (eRoll). That's great! B'coz we then, don't have to remove the cartridge to place it inside for charging. U see what that opens up? Pop & Vape! I repeat, pop & vape. No more messing… no more additional work, right? How much more happier can it get? At 108 x 48 x 13mm the eRoll PCC is smaller than an iPhone-4. Just like an old Nokia phone, but sleeker. However, it does pack a punch. It's loaded with a 1000mAh battery; and lasts a whopping 10-hrs. So, technically we have got a 1180mAh powered e-Cig kit at our hands (1000+90+90). Cool, eh! Which is why this e-Cig gets thru a whole day easily. The eRoll with it's PCC is to be carried as one whole unit. And together they look very classy. The PCC can be used concurrently, i.e. while being charged (takes around 3-hrs.) it could also charge an eRoll kept inside (takes around 20-mins).

eRoll Pricing & Availability
The Joyetech eRoll, or the Ovale eMini, are available thru nearly every retailer around the globe. I got mine from CanVape. It's almost similarly priced at $60 everywhere for it's starter kit. Which is pretty fair given that it comes with two batteries and it's awesome PCC, plus the nitty-gritties. The individual pieces are inexpensive too, viz.:

-Battery, any color........... : $9.00
-Atomizer Heads, 5-pack... :
$21.00
-Atomizer Cone, any color
.: $2.00
-Tank-Cartridges, 5-pack... :
$3.49
-The PCC........................ :
$35.95
-Charging Cable............... :
$3.95

Cons, is there any?
Well, nothing is perfect. But the eRoll is quite close to it. There are three minor issues that has bugged the reviewers, not to me though. One, is it's "warming" atomizer cover/cone. I haven't felt any seriousness in it partially b'coz I don't chain vape. And also b'coz I've learnt to hold an e-Cig a different way than usually I did. I hold e-Cigs in the "pencil-in-ur-mouth-while-thinking" style (see below).

Which also helps in avoiding the second worry - Two, the position of the "air-vent". And three, the "capacity" of it's juice tank. Well, it holds just about 0.4ml of e-juice. Which is not much, but given the miniature configuration of the eRoll I can't blame Joyetech for it. I carry enough spare tank-cartridges (qty-5) to overcome that. While few carry a small bottle of e-juice in their pockets, like the Innokin Ucan. These three imperfections, I believe, is ignorable given that the overall quality of the device far outweighs it's cons.

Bottomline
So, what makes this e-Cig (eRoll / eMini) special or different from all other Cig-a-Likes? Well, this one's a design marvel. It not only uses a tank system, which makes our e-juice taste insanely well, it also uses the same atomizer that they put-in their bigger devices, the eGo-C. Which makes a big performance advantage… we get volumes of vapour and is easy to draw, just like an APV. The eRoll kit is the most portable, most hep e-cig ever produced, which makes it a pleasure to go outdoors with, be "seen" with it. It's size, coupled with raw power and quality vapour production makes it an excellent choice for our vaping journey.

APV stalwarts like PBusardo, FieldOfVapour, VaporChase etc. have vouched for it. I'd place some of their youtube reviews in the following posts. And also post some Tricks & Tips subsequently. All in all, I'm with this device for a month now, am enjoying my vape experience primarily b'coz of the ingenuity of Joyetech. And I definitely encourage other vapours, at least the one's who are at the fence, to pick this one up. Rest assured u'd not regret!

Let's eRoll, folks !
What a truly FANTASTIC job you have done. I am thinking that this is probably the first thread on the ECF that is so clear and informative about one specific device. Congratulations :).

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
What a truly FANTASTIC job you have done. I am thinking that this is probably the first thread on the ECF that is so clear and informative about one specific device. Congratulations :).
Did you forget DonDaBoomVape? That man is singularly responsible for schooling thousands upon thousands of new vapers with so many threads very similar to this one. That's why I like this thread, straight forward info that's easy and fun to absorb.

I NEED an eRoll! I knew it as soon as I saw an add, it's a game changer. Nothing overly innovative or complex was done here, just the simple face palming epiphany at joyetech to make a PCC which requires no disassembly, finally pulls together the whole concept of a cigalike being anything remotely close to the real cigarette experience. I don't care what the naysayers use to put it down, more things will come from this, and being married to the charger will eventually be a thing of the past for anyone set on cigalikes. The need to disassemble / reassemble batts for PCC use might sound like small potatoes and may be second nature to most of us, now, but it's a mess compared to pulling a stick out of a box and taking a drag. I've never even tried one, all I have to do is think back on ecig evolution, then look at this concept and know it's a game changer. The 510 was once the most popular cigalike, M4's came in a crushed the 510's battery life and size, 808's brought us the cartromizer, the whole time we had PCCs which made life easier, but nothing like this. By comparison, they were better battery / carto storage devices than they were chargers.

Now we just need one with a larger tank, that stores in a DROID case with some extra space for the pair.

Last edited:

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The eroll is a nice piece of hardware. The only thing they should have really done it, make the case larger so you could add like 2 more tanks or so in the same case, like they did with the 510 pcc. Or add a small bottle to it, that you can use to refill. It's nice you can have a sleek design, but it sucks you have to carry a bottle with you

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

DonDaBoomVape, the True, First & Last Vape Guru!
-He was last heard on May-14th, 2012 here.
-3,358 memorable, instructional, mentoring, guiding posts on ECF.
-His website, The Vaping Guides.
-The man, in person, with GrimmGreen, here.

We are here b'coz he wanted us to be...
Salut, ol'man !

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Re-Wicking the eRoll Atomizer

Yes, this eGo-C, Type-A atty lasts quite a while for it's size. Regular cleaning (see a vid couple of posts above) gets us more mileage (twice a month clean-up easily gives us 2+ months of life before it needs to be dumped). That said, the atty's OEM construction is pretty robust. The coil seems to be hardcore, alive to the grave. It's only the wick that's the weak-link (duh!). Which is why, if we 're-wick' it - we generally tend to extend that 2+ month's life to easily 4+ months.

Yes, the atty is cheap. Most retailers sell it for $21 a pack (pack of 5). So, at $4 a piece we might as well dump it without much ado. But, being the hobbyist that we are, why not go that extra mile? Which is why this youtube vid comes to our call.

The OEM eRoll atomizer has a silica wick. If rolled with a little piece of SS mesh, that wick seems to get us better VTF and mileage. I cut 1.3" of 1mm silica wick and wrapped it with a 7 x 30mm piece of SS mesh. Held it in a loop ("U" shape) and inserted the wick (SS-silica combo) into the spike from the bottom with a tweezer. Then, keeping about 1/4" of the "U" dangling under the spike, I trimmed-off the rest (of the wick), which protruded out from the top-end. It was tad difficult, but doable. Then press-fit the spike cap back into the coil housing.

I thus, placed an "U" shaped wick over the coil rather than a straight one. Dropped a few droplets of e-juice, wiped the atomizer with tissue and assembled the eRoll, including the tank-cartridge. Gave a few seconds to seep-in and vaped. Voila, it worked perfectly!

joemikel

Mar 31, 2013
G.Canaria-Spain
So I thought the leaking issue on the UCAN could not be true (as Innokin is a well known company). But I have to say this UCAN is pure crap. After two days of correct behaviour it has became a ... (leaking stupid device). So I have lost any faith in the UCAN and as a matter of fact in any INNOKIN product.
So be warned, UCAN .......LEAKS, (and sucks).

joemikel

Mar 31, 2013
G.Canaria-Spain
In my case the leakage happens in the thread of the body (I think the gasket is the problema). The only screw is located on the bottom of the UCAN and is thight right now. Am I missing anything?
Edit: I beguin to think there can be a connection between this leakage and the sort of eliquid you carry on the ucan (maybe some downgrade in the gasket ....)

Last edited:

wilhelmsure

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
west midlands
I bought a ucan the other day. It hasn't arrived yet. I was hesistant to buy after hearing all the leaky horror stories, but I decided to take a chance. I find it baffling that so many people report it as leaking though, what sort of company would sell a faulty prouct?

In case I do get leaking issues when the ucan arrives, is there a known fix for it?

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Just a guess here, I'm not sure how it works, but I'd imagine it might require pressure to operate. If that's the case, just like a juice delivery system like Odysseus, if the pressure is released by a broken seal, air will enter the inside causing juice to exit. Perhaps if it's not just a screw issue, there could be a loose seal somewhere, make sure everything is tightened all the way. Just throwing things out there because I wish someone would figure out what the issue is already, so I can buy one knowing how to service the issues.

izaidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Can you carry around pre-filled tank cartridges for the eRoll? or would they leak? There is a puncture at the top of the tank right, and it has no cover.

My friend has an eCab, and he says if he carries around pre-filled tank cartidges they leak since they have no cap. Hence he is forced to carry around a bottle with him.

jingai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Florida, USA
Can you carry around pre-filled tank cartridges for the eRoll? or would they leak? There is a puncture at the top of the tank right, and it has no cover.

My friend has an eCab, and he says if he carries around pre-filled tank cartidges they leak since they have no cap. Hence he is forced to carry around a bottle with him.

They come with a silicone cap. And no, they don't leak :)

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville

The have a good cap and no leaking.

I carry several with me every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread