Joyetech Evic mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubcake

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2016
Florida Miami
long story short.. fused neck with collapsed/herniated/prolapsed degenerative discs, 3x rebuilt shoulder, torn medial tendons, and icing on the cake arthritis through most joints.
I read a lot this night about the rta i found one really good but i saw i need a ohm meter is it really necessary to buy one ?

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Cheallaigh, if you don't mind me asking, why is it that purchasing an ohm meter is still being recommended? I purchased one and now find its only real purpose is as a build stand and I could have gotten a cheaper better one of those. I mean as long as you are building within reasonable resistance limits, utilizing the coil calculator, and have a variable regulated mod showing you the coils resistance of what value is it to independently test the coil's resistance using a separate ohm meter? Is it because those doing the recommendation do not trust the resistance measurement of their mod? If that was the case then I'd suggest they've got bigger problems and should probably purchase a new mod.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
how many tanks do you have? how many spare bases for the tank you're going to build for? a spare mod or stand? are you building for more than one type of tank/rda? etc... those are the reasons. it's a pain in the .... to have to drain one tank ot hijack a mod etc... I currently have hmm... toptank mini, dripbox, pro tank 4, and 3 rdas... for me it's easier to not just build on an ohm meter, but i'm charging a battery in it, i'm not worrying about burning myself while doing it, i'm also testing etc... and I don't have to sacrifice using a mod while doing it... and really having 2 battery chargers is handy.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I'm embarrassed to admit way too many. I have about 40 to 45 and only 4 of them, being Ijust2 tanks, are all either RDA's, RTA's or are tanks and have RBA's in them. I have about 10 or 12 different mods, all VW & TC except the 2 Ijust's. I'm playing, sorry I meant building, with at least one a night. Usually I just build with the atty on the mod and turn the mod off so as not to fire it accidently (or I promise to keep my finger away from the button and then kick myself for scorching the wick I only just installed :nah:). I've used the ohm meter but if I've built on the mod it just seems easier to simply turn it on as opposed to removing the tank to the ohm meter.
My question simply relates to my understanding of the need for knowing Ohm's law and having a meter with a mech but I don't understand it with a regulated mod, nice to have maybe, but necessary?

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
how will you know if you mod has an issue then? either way I use this.. saves me headaches and like I said burnt fingers etc yes you could do it on the mod... burn coils, fingers, cotton, shorts... I can physically make damned sure it's off, and like I said charge a battery at the same time.

Coil Master 521 Tab by Coilmaster at DashVapes.com

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
from what I saw if you have just the evic mini and not the evic mini 2, your wattage limit is 60w... you don't really want to max it, but you can go up to say 55 watts. I'd just keep raising it, till it works better... 20 watts was too low I think.
Are you talking about the watt limit of the mod? It's 75w with all but the first few firmwares. Hasn't been sold as other than 75w-capable for ages.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread