Joyetech eVic Primo 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASHAAA13

Mar 17, 2017
Hi, I've been using mods with fixed batteries, however I have just purchased my first mod that requires dual 18650 batteries.
On the joyetech website, it states that it requires "dual married high-rate 18650 cells (continuous discharge current > 25A).
Can anyone please tell me: a. What exactly this means; b. Is it just Joyetech being on the safe side to cover their butts, and/or; c. suggest a reputable battery with decent mAh at this CDC!?!
I use the Joyetech Cubis Pro, with 0.25ohm notch.
Thanks for your time, I acknowledge it's a noob question, but I need help.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
It means your batteries should be married which is two batteries always charged and discharged together so you don't have one brand new battery and an old one. It would stress the battteries which can be dangerous. As far as batteries the LG hg2, the Samsung 30q, or Sony vtc6 are the highest mah with a 20. Amp discharge. It's a little short of the manufacturing specs of your mod but as long as you aren't vaping at the maximum wattage your mod will do you will be fine.

Reactions: DASHAAA13

DASHAAA13

Mar 17, 2017
It means your batteries should be married which is two batteries always charged and discharged together so you don't have one brand new battery and an old one. It would stress the battteries which can be dangerous. As far as batteries the LG hg2, the Samsung 30q, or Sony vtc6 are the highest mah with a 20. Amp discharge. It's a little short of the manufacturing specs of your mod but as long as you aren't vaping at the maximum wattage your mod will do you will be fine.
That's pretty much the same answer I got on a Vapers group on fb. This allows my original choice of the LG HG2. I was just a bit worried with all the stories of idiots blowing their faces up lol. I browsed further on the Joyetech website and most of their mods say 25a+, I think they're just covering their arses.
Many thanks mate, much appreciated!!!

Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
That's pretty much the same answer I got on a Vapers group on fb. This allows my original choice of the LG HG2. I was just a bit worried with all the stories of idiots blowing their faces up lol. I browsed further on the Joyetech website and most of their mods say 25a+, I think they're just covering their arses.
Many thanks mate, much appreciated!!!
Your welcome, yea the 25a isn't necessary really unless you're pushing your mod at maximum wattage consistently. They just say that so the batteries can handle everything the mod can put out. Even then with your lg hg2's it wouldn't explode it just wouldn't run great and your batteries wouldn't last as long. It's not as easy as some people make it seem to get these batteries to explode inside a mod. Now a pocket full of 18650s and metal as in pocket change and it is quite possible. These mods have lots of protection built in to stop them from exploding. Your pocket nor the batteries themselves have no protection so if you are carrying spares make sure they are in a plastic protective case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread