Status
Not open for further replies.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
Well, after about 6 months, it looks like mine has decided to bite the dust. I was vaping on it last week and right in the middle of a toot, it just stopped. Funny thing was it kept acting like it was firing. Pulled the atomizer off (kayfun) and it still read 1.2 ohms. Pressed the fire button, and it thinks it is firing. Put an atty on with a 2.1 ohm coil on it and it now reads 1.4. press the button and I get to watch the puff timer run, but nothing to the coil. It's got something wrong with it where it thinks there's an atty attached, but it surely won't fire though it thinks it is. Oh well, at least I have a few backups.

Joshatdot

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
Pacific North West
Welp .. after I tried to clean it with baking soda paste, and let it dry out .. and now it won't charge =[

I want to take it apart, but it's difficult to get the battery out. I don't want to pull to hard on the top piece & wires, in fear of ripping them off. I want to push the battery out, but there is no way to do so.

edit: I got it to charge! The tiny USB board can slightly move up and down, I mess with it with some 28GA twisted Kanthal. After a couple of attempts, and if I plug in the charger just right, it'll charge.

Hmmm, is it possible to replace the micro USB port?

Last edited:
Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Welp .. after I tried to clean it with baking soda paste, and let it dry out .. and now it won't charge =[

I want to take it apart, but it's difficult to get the battery out. I don't want to pull to hard on the top piece & wires, in fear of ripping them off. I want to push the battery out, but there is no way to do so.

edit: I got it to charge! The tiny USB board can slightly move up and down, I mess with it with some 28GA twisted Kanthal. After a couple of attempts, and if I plug in the charger just right, it'll charge.

Hmmm, is it possible to replace the micro USB port?

the trick is to ALLOW the fire button to HANG (out of the way)
hold it so button is on bottom, slide guts out...

upload_2016-3-3_19-40-25.png

upload_2016-3-3_19-40-51.png
should just slide out free-n-easy

:)

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Shaving in the 510? Work the 510 Maybe... You probably already did that..
That was what I was thinking as well but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't clear the fault.

I get home from work ready to order a new one as, the price just keeps coming down and I really do like the device; and decided to try it one more time to see if the vaping elves stopped by and worked their magic and happy dance :rickroll:they did! Ok maybe it wasn't elves but that the last amount of juice somewhere dried up as I have left it disassembled for two days but hey it's working!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
That was what I was thinking as well but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't clear the fault.
I get home from work ready to order a new one as, the price just keeps coming down and I really do like the device;

and decided to try it one more time to see if the vaping elves stopped by and worked their magic
and happy dance they did! Ok maybe it wasn't elves but that the last amount of juice somewhere dried up as I have left it disassembled for two days but hey it's working!

WOW ! - so you're sayin' it is back to working ?

that's great to hear !

good luck, carry on...

:evil:

Slooooters

Jul 16, 2014
Toronto
I have a question or a comment on the eVic VT and building coils.
So in the last couple months I have gotten into building nickel coils on an RDA. Had some trouble at first, but soon found an easy method that was giving great flavour and clouds. However, I am somewhat uneasy with vaping with nickel, so I decided to try titanium.
My first coil was with a 26ga titanium. I soon realized that since I like to do single coils that I couldn't have enough wraps (it was like 4) to get to my 0.15-0.20 preferred range. Also found it was vaping VERY weak. Hitting temp control too quick, etc.
Anyway, I ordered some 22ga and bided my time with nickel (since discovery twisted coils that were working very well). So the 22ga titanium arrived and I decided to wrap up a coil. Was spaced, about 6-7 wraps, came to 0.20. Perfect. Put it on my Evic and was immediately totally impressed with the hit.
I then realized I was still on nickel mode, though I had dropped the temp by about 100F (which you are supposed to do for mods with no Ti mode).
Realizing my mistake, I switched it over to Ti mode, upped the temp and the watts, and it went back to hitting like a wet noodle. Needless to say, I went back to Ni mode and dropped the temp and have been using it for the last two nights (only drip at night), and it seems to be performing VERY well. Don't see the cotton burning, hits hard, and tastes clean. In fact, I think it hits even better than anything else, as I got a nic rush on a juice I never have before.
Does the Ti mode on the Evic VT just suck, or should I be worried something else is going on?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have a question or a comment on the eVic VT and building coils.
So in the last couple months I have gotten into building nickel coils on an RDA. Had some trouble at first, but soon found an easy method that was giving great flavour and clouds. However, I am somewhat uneasy with vaping with nickel, so I decided to try titanium.
My first coil was with a 26ga titanium. I soon realized that since I like to do single coils that I couldn't have enough wraps (it was like 4) to get to my 0.15-0.20 preferred range. Also found it was vaping VERY weak. Hitting temp control too quick, etc.
Anyway, I ordered some 22ga and bided my time with nickel (since discovery twisted coils that were working very well). So the 22ga titanium arrived and I decided to wrap up a coil. Was spaced, about 6-7 wraps, came to 0.20. Perfect. Put it on my Evic and was immediately totally impressed with the hit.
I then realized I was still on nickel mode, though I had dropped the temp by about 100F (which you are supposed to do for mods with no Ti mode).
Realizing my mistake, I switched it over to Ti mode, upped the temp and the watts, and it went back to hitting like a wet noodle. Needless to say, I went back to Ni mode and dropped the temp and have been using it for the last two nights (only drip at night), and it seems to be performing VERY well. Don't see the cotton burning, hits hard, and tastes clean. In fact, I think it hits even better than anything else, as I got a nic rush on a juice I never have before.
Does the Ti mode on the Evic VT just suck, or should I be worried something else is going on?
I don't have an Evic vt anymore, but if I remember correctly it was underpowered, at least in Ti mode. I had to set it to a much higher temperature than other mods.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
It took me about two weeks but I finally finished reading this entire thread. A very big thanks to all who participated, I learned a lot not only about the Evic but also about temp controlled and sub-ohm vaping in general just from this thread alone.

I'm just curious if you guys (m/f) would still recommend this vape to someone who wants to try out temp control and sub-ohm vaping, or have you all moved on to something else by now?

No matter what I look at I just keep coming back to the Evic VT, it's just so darn pretty and I really like the options, build in battery and ergonomics of this thing.

I'm only interested in the mod by the way, I've already chosen the Kanger Toptank mini to pair up with whatever mod I'll be getting. But I am a little wary about the build quality of the Evic.

I'm not a rich person and want something that can last me a year or two. My first gen Ovale Ego-T has lasted me this long (5+ years!) with a little care so a year or two for just a mod doesn't seem too much to ask now does it?

I'm just tired of buying coils and I would like a bit more power and better flavor, I would really like to try temp control icw titanium self build coils.

The new Ileaf Picko also looks very interesting, but I rather stay away from 18650 bats to be honest.

Or should I just bite the bullet and start off with a DNA product right away?

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
It was one of the first incarnations of ti mode and it's not the greatest with ti unless running in ni mode with offset.

I use mine exclusively and it's working fine after 9 months. Joyetech it a top notch company. Joyetech manufactured the ovale if that means anything..

The top wheel would probably get annoying after a few years, it starts rubbing metal to metal, a little, which makes it less smooth to function after this time. But still works fine.

If you like it, it works. But there are better of course. Don't spend over 50. Haven't looked but the price should be way down.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
It was one of the first incarnations of ti mode and it's not the greatest with ti unless running in ni mode with offset.

I use mine exclusively and it's working fine after 9 months. Joyetech it a top notch company. Joyetech manufactured the ovale if that means anything..

The top wheel would probably get annoying after a few years, it starts rubbing metal to metal, a little, which makes it less smooth to function after this time. But still works fine.

If you like it, it works. But there are better of course. Don't spend over 50. Haven't looked but the price should be way down.

So yours is till going strong aye? That is good to hear.

Back in 2011 Joyetech's reputation wasn't all that great from what I remember, but my Ego-T held up really well and I haven't had any problems with their Ego-CC neither. So it's good to hear they're considered to be a more reliable company now.

I've read about the lower temps in Ti-mode but i have no problems with getting to know the unit in Ni-mode or just turn the temp up higher.

I'm not a high temp vaporist anyway as my throat is very sensitive to heat (I'm not experienced with e-juice mods but I have had a lot of experience with herbal vaporizers).

The VTC mini seems like a more future-prove product and all but it's looks just don't appeal to me, and then there's that 18650. Plus I'm just so drawn to the looks of the VT. I know it isn't the latest technology but I figure I'm so far behind on juice-vaping tech that I might as well start with a slightly older model to try some things for a while and take it from there.

I think I'll just order one and keep my fingers crossed that I get a good one like you. I rather pay a little more at a local store just in case I need the warranty and/or service though. The only cheap option here is Gearbest and I really don't want to wait a month before it gets here or several months in the event I need to exchange the unit for another one :)

Thanks for the reassurance!

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
This one is the vt-60w. Internal 5000 mah lipo battery. If you want good ti control another mod may be a better look. The ti isn't implemented correctly on this one, it's usable with offset in nickel mode though. I didn't keep up with the mini to know how that fares.

Other have commented that the temp control may not be the best on this model. You can probably do better for the money today.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
This one is the vt-60w. Internal 5000 mah lipo battery. If you want good ti control another mod may be a better look. The ti isn't implemented correctly on this one, it's usable with offset in nickel mode though. I didn't keep up with the mini to know how that fares.

Other have commented that the temp control may not be the best on this model. You can probably do better for the money today.

Yes, that's the one I'm looking at, the yellow/orange one in particular.

I've read about the shortcomings but thought it would still be acceptably, especially for some one who doesn't have anything to compare it to in terms of preferred known temps and who doesn't care what it says on the screen as long as the performance is there.

But I'm open to suggestions, would you happen to have any recommendations for a more recent mod with a comparable size Lipo and equally stunning looks? ;)

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Yeah the yellow look is hard to match with any other mod. I've been vaping for years and it works for me every day. Yeah your comparison factor is egos so it will be a big step up with many options and plenty of power.

The 30w ramp up wattage issue I'm pretty sure has been fixed on the more recent versions of this mod so it should be good for you.

It works good in regular wattage mode too, that's what I've been using the most lately. Didn't care for tc that much yet..

Sounds like you've read everything here, and if you are thinking you want one after knowing everything I'd say it's a fit for you. Can't get racing stripes on any other mod. Lol

Oh and FYI
I'm still using the original silicone sleeve everyday and it still fits the same as new.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Alright then, thanks for thinking along with me!

Yeah, from what I gather I just have to make sure I get a unit that doesn't show the firmware version to be past that 30W ramping problem.

I still have about a week till payday though. So I have some time to look around and will keep checking other options and suggestions until then. But I highly suspect I will end up with the VT anyhoe, haha.

And of course I have no way of knowing if I even like TC, or TC with this unit. I may end up wrapping Kantal or Clapton coils instead eventually. I'm just gonna try it all and see what's what. Time shall tell but I'm excited to start the journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread