Joyetech eVic VT 60W 5000mAh where the firmware we were promised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
Anyone heard anything about a firmware update for this model seems it was a bit of a selling feature scam. they already released a new firmware for the VTC Mini bit noting for the eVic VT 60 watt and it came out first.

Sound to me like what Cloupor did with the T50 they said they were going to have firmware update they had a problem with the update and nuked mode altogether that was the big surprise, they advertised big surprise we just nuked you model and won't release and firmware for it that was one hell of a surprise wasn't.

Now it seems joyetech is doing the same with the eVic TC 60 I wrote to joyetech and raised some hell with them I told them where I come from that's false advertisement and if there have no intention of honoring what they said that maybe I should send my model back as I did not get what I ordered I just got it back from joyetech no and it was only putting out about have the stated power and my Wife bought the same model and hers worked fine. if I did not have a model to compare it with my warranty would have expired and I would have just thought it produced losy vapor after all its just a cheap chinese mod how ,much can you expect.

So My question has anyone heard anything about any soft ware upgrades for the eVic TC 60.
2 things right off the bat I can see it needs is a touch up to the TI preset/ I should not have to run at 60 watts to get decent vapor in ti mod when I am only running at 410 F the 30 watts it starts out at should be plenty at 410F and a new preset for SS wire. Of all My mods this one need the highest power stiig in ti mod for good vapor so calibrating the TI Preset is a must and having a preset for SS wire would be nice. I don't use it but I know some folk do. Im a TI man myself I run all my TC devices on ti as long as they have TC .I just start out at 320 and 15 watts an move it up slowly till I find the sweet spot. That my only gripe well that 30 watt thing bothers me too since most of my TC model run at 15 to 20 watts so a recalibration there too would be nice. Oh last would be round robin and going backwards when you over shoot something would be nice too
These are all minor pet peeves but that is what Firmware upgrades are fr right ? oh and a extra 10 watts just because everyone seem to add a few watts with a firmware upgrade seems to be the trend fix that small stuff and a few watts and you have a nice firmware upgrade. Don't feel like I am asking for the world but why say it firmware upgradeable when you sell the product and never releasing upgrades seems like a scam or at least false advertisement if nothing else and we should have the option to return the product and get what we paid for it shipping taxes as what they advertise as a feature is a kind of a contract they state what you get and pay their price based on that information right? Sort of like buying a used car and it has a small crack in the windshield but the dealer says he will replace the windshield as soon a it comes in but he never does. You would probably end up in front. judge Wapner.

Anyway when I get the mail from Jyetech I post tt there syou all ca see what line of crap they come up with if you interested. See if they can back pedal sd good as a politician or what loophole whey come up with

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hate to say it but from memory right from the time of sale they did point out the usb socket was for charging only - it was labelled as a charging port on the JoyeTech website....so no one should be surprised you cant update them.

One cant assume because theres a usb port on a mod that its upgradeable. It takes extra electronics on the board to implement the update functionality. Its probably entirely not there on the VT and no amount of ire or flamemail to JoyeTech will change that grim meathook reality. Plus JoyeTech tend to ignore tech emails, trust me, i know...

Ive never bought a TV with a USB port on it and assumed it will playback all my media, for example, i read the manufacturers website/manual. Where it clearly states it doesnt do something, i look elsewhere.

FYI i had the VTC Mini, couldnt resovle any of its flaws with several updates, so id sggest you move on to another vendor, i have, i dont buy JoyeTech gear any more.

Reactions: Vapin Dave

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
The VT is not Firmware up gradable only the VTC is

Yep that's the deal the update the software for th cheap mini but for the best model I don't buy mod much anymore it not worth the hassle so I build my own that way it has the features and the chip I was in it and thy don't break so far I have never had 1 single Chinese mod work more than a few week I just had t send back the Joyetech TC 60 and the SMY tc 60 the smy is already on it 2nd return from now on I buy Evolv chips and faddy parts that way I get mod that are long lasting and evolv if as just a few days away. I am done with chinese mods there warranties suckI have one Chinese mod I just bought because I heard you can upgrade it to the 60 Watt SX 350 chip I got the Pioneer4You Seven 22 26650 Variable and the Tobeco 26650 BIG Kayfun Lite Plus 28.5mm RBA and only paid 15$ free shipped I figured while i figure out how to do the SX350m upgrade the big kayfun.

I found 1 guy On Youtube that did a part 1 on how to get the unit apart but he sad something about th chip being bit bigger and the fire button was needing to have something done with it and that's where it ended

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
The VT is not Firmware up gradable only the VTC is
Yep that it no firmware upgrade for this model Well that just another company scratched off my list to buy from its a good thing I am getting better every day building my owns
Same as SMY they fixed my unit once now he comebacks and tell me the someone glued something inside and taped stuff inside and he was the one the did the band aid work and say he not going to warranty the units I hate chines mods the atty are OK but the there electronics suck I thought Joyeteck and kanger and all those companies that started this stuff where stepping up but it just a crap shoot with all that chines stuff sure it cheap but it not worth the fighting with them every time you have to look at it like this you get what you pay for when you get too much for the $ then its mostly junk. You ca read reviews till your blue in the face it don't mean you wont have to deal with there customer service sooner or later and it will be a pain in the Asss

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
yep got it confused with the VTC mini I guess in a way it makes sense after all the VT is a disposable. You use it till the batteries die and toss it out so why make it upgradeable it just seems odd that the module that was 20$ more has less features Well Like I said my days of buying mods is coming to a close the hassle with the warranty's and the long time to wait for shipping and when you have to send anything back to china it like 40$ to have tracking door to to door. I just got screwed buy SMY today as well I had a SMY tc 60 and it died like 2 weeks after I bought it so they had me me send it in for repairs. Now the write me back telling me all about how I tampered with the inside and I never did anything but change the batteries if there was anything touched on the inside of that units it was done by them so now they want me to pay to repair it I have own the unit for like 3 months and it was on working for maybe a total of 2 weeks Other wise i guess you buy the cheapo and when they break just throw them out but don't spend any kind a money that you can;t afford to lose sort of like gambling from now on I will buy ether provaris valcano out of Hawaii or get my chips for evolv. I am done with imported mods from now on they lie cheat make warranties impossible to get done I sent a Limwell Tetris clone back to Focalecig and I was asking for months if it showed up finally one day about 5 months later it came back from the post office saying the item was never picked up great that was the one time i sent it back the cheapest way with tracking and found out afterwards that only the post office could track it and it only went as far as customs here in the states and then she said if I wanted tracking all the way it would have been 40$ I am so don't with that crap and wasted money I build my own mods now or put authentic chips in clones. Ok this time it was my fault on the joyetech but truth be told I just don't need that stuff my modes are better and and made from 100% American parts and build by a 100% american. I sent a message to Steve saying I needed to get the screen replaced on one of my evolv chips he did not ask for a receipt and sent me a brand new chip and it was here in 3 days and he threw in a free charger board those Chines company's just don't know how o do business with American consumers. On black friday I got a good deal from a american retailer they somed me Pioneer4u seven 22 watt for 15 $ with the kayfun 28.5 mm version for 15 $ sgipped and I had it in 2 days
Kayfun and Seven 22.JPG
I got it to put a SX350 YIHI chip in so now it will be a 60 watt TC I have a post here in the forum I was hoping to find some other that want to do it too I found a few videos on how to do it so it can be don it just that the videos where vague to say the least but if we put our head together we can do it I am sure and the 10 Seven 22 watts are till on sale I linked the sale for anyone interested in making a pretty cool mod I thought we make it a group build project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread