Joyetech Evic VT 60watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Franks

May 23, 2015
Hi guys, I bought my new Evic VT the other day from one of my local b&m (simply because I couldn't be bothered to wait for delivery) and I was exited to get it up and running due to the huge rave about it

I thought I'd give the tank it comes with (joyetech ego one mega) a wizz to see if it's any good. I started off with the nickel coils which read at 0.2 and it was performing greatly...

Well, 2 days after I bought it I managed to drop it running for the bus (stupid of me I know)

Although, it still worked for some time after that

When I was on my break at work, I nipped out for a quick vape and realised it wasnt reading the atty

So, for a few days I popped my old atlantis tank on until I got around to looking to see what the problem is... It worked fine with the atlantis

My first thoughts were that I damaged the threads or spring and it wasn't making a connection, hence not working... Then after putting my Atlantis on it, I came to the conclusion that I just managed to damage the tank it came with...

But, out of interest, tonight I swapped the nickel coil out for the titanium one and it's decided to work again... Although, it's reading between 0.42-0.5 ohms... Despite the fact that the titanium coils are supposed to read at 0.4

I know it can be usual for a temperature control mod to fluctuate resistance readings... But I was abit concerned with it being a new coil and the fact the old one won't read at all

I'm considering buying some more nickel coils to see if (for some bizarre reason) the nicked coil became damaged when I dropped it...

Although this has all derived from the fact I dropped it, I want to know if anyone else is having any problems with their joyetech Evic VT and if it's still safe to use with its standard tank considering its odd behaviour? Plus, I don't seem to be getting a good vape... Is that a sign of anything?

ALSO, EVEN WITHOUT A TANK, IT MAKES A STRANGE HUMMING AND TICKING NOISE... Not sure if that's result of dropping it, or if it was there before and I never realised

Any help?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
It does sound like only the coil was damaged. That would be great news if that's the case.

The humming and ticking is normal I've read.

Did you adjust your temp down for the ti coil? You need to vape 60-100° lower for ti than nickel.

ETA: I believe you can go higher on temp with mods that have specific mapping for ti based on my beta testing of the ti firmware upgrade for the sx mini m class. I'm running that mod at 400-420° now with ti. Some of my fellow testers have run 450° without issue. So I think this is true for the Evic vt as well. Just be careful with temp and ti on mods that don't have specific ti mapping.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidOck

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt | E-Cigarette Forum

That is a good thread to read through about the evic vt.

The ticking hum is normal....its the mod monitoring the coil.

I had some issue with wandering ohms, till I learned the trick of turning the mod off prior to screwing on my tank, then I turn it on and lock the res. Once I do that I have zero issues if the coil is good.
The mod does do a form of refinement, so on a new coil it isn't uncommon for the resistance to drop a point or two after it's been on for a bit.
Peruse that thread, all of this info is there in detail :)
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread