Joyetech eVic VTC Mini 75W TC VW APV Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
my evic vt does that only on 1 occasion and that's when the coil is loose. screw down the screws and then it should work fine. well that is for the no atomizer at least. maybe connection pin from your tank/rda/rta isn't hitting the mod connection pin?

mine does it for no reason sometimes idk why but everytime I screw down my posts it is just fine after that.

Reactions: Aimzbo

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
try plugging the mod into the charger and charge it but before doing that try checking that your posts are screwed tightly and wires are not cut off. I would assume if it charges that the battery is fine but if you charge it for say an hour and it can't hold the charge or it didn't even charge a bit then I would assume battery is dead. I had my evic vt for a little over a year now still works fine as far as battery goes.

not sure on batteries as the evic vt has internal batteries I assume you can't and if batteries are dead your maybe better off buying another/better mod.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
just looked the mod up o.o it's weird mine has an internal batter but the mini's take batteries. it looks like it takes 18650 and I assume 32A is a lot for a 75W mod but I can't really say I know very little about batteries and suggest you ask more experienced people about that. if pulse I would assume no I think it is 32A pulse

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
can I use a 3200mAh 3.7V battery in it?
Samsung ICR 18650-32A 3.7V 3200mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
That battery is an ICR chemistry... it is NOT safe for our uses.

mooch.jpeg

The screen writing? Do you mean the display on the evic is flipped?
RTFM- PLEASE!
With device locked (five clicks) hold Up/Down buttons to change display orientation.

Cheers
I

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I dont understand why Its not safe, i dont know what those letter mean what is IRC.

Im obviously new to vaping mods, can you explain things in dummies terms?
Check out these blog posts by @Baditude.

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definitive Battery Guide for Vaping
  • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1
  • For those who want to learn the differences between IMR, IMR/hybrid, ICR, and LiPo batteries. What do those numbers and letters on batteries mean? What's an amp rating and why is it more important than the mAh rating when choosing a battery for vaping?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
RTFM = read the manual / the instructions that came with it.

You must use an IMR or hybrid (usually INR) chemistry battery(s).
These are ' safer chemistry ' cells

ICR is an abbreviation for the type of chemistry used to manufacture the battery.
ICR is not a safe chemistry for vaping use.
Not safe meaning dangerous, when things go wrong/bad or when over stressed an ICR chemistry battery can vent with hot gasses at high pressure & flame.
If tightly contained in an enclosure that doesn't have the ability to release the rapidly produced pressure it can lead to explosion.
Bottom line, using the wrong chemistry battery (ICR) is dangerous.

Not a lot anyone can do to help until you familiarize yourself with the basic functions of the device and the information the screen/display is showing you.

What battery are you currently using?
The wrong battery will not properly power your device and could be dangerous.
What is the resistance Ω of the coil inside your delivery device?
This will be shown on the the display screen.
What type of delivery device are you using?
Topper/tank/ thing on top you put eliquid in.

Aimzbo

May 6, 2016
RTFM = read the manual / the instructions that came with it.

You must use an IMR or hybrid (usually INR) chemistry battery(s).
These are ' safer chemistry ' cells

ICR is an abbreviation for the type of chemistry used to manufacture the battery.
ICR is not a safe chemistry for vaping use.
Not safe meaning dangerous, when things go wrong/bad or when over stressed an ICR chemistry battery can vent with hot gasses at high pressure & flame.
If tightly contained in an enclosure that doesn't have the ability to release the rapidly produced pressure it can lead to explosion.
Bottom line, using the wrong chemistry battery (ICR) is dangerous.

Not a lot anyone can do to help until you familiarize yourself with the basic functions of the device and the information the screen/display is showing you.

What battery are you currently using?
The wrong battery will not properly power your device and could be dangerous.
What is the resistance Ω of the coil inside your delivery device?
This will be shown on the the display screen.
What type of delivery device are you using?
Topper/tank/ thing on top you put eliquid in.

No worries. Ive stopped using it. Will get a Samsung 25R today.

Thanks everyone for your info. Also need to know what battery I need for a Kangerkech Subox Nano

$30.14 SUBOX Nano Styled Starter Kit - 3ml / 0.5ohm(15-60W) / 7-50W / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thanks guys

By the way, the manual is very limited with info. Does not explain how the screen writing has turned upside down or how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread