Joyetech eVic VTwo Mini or vtc mini ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
Good evening! I am looking to purchase one or the other. Does the joyetech eVic VTwo Mini have better or safer short circuit protection than the evic vtc mini? I will be using it in variable wattage mode mostly because I have to work in very closed quarters much of the time and I will want to reserve clouds for when I am at home or other places other than work. This will be my first ever mod? Is that the right term? I am also concerned with safety but maybe I am just paranoid from reading all the "warnings" on websites about using this kind of product if you dont know what you are doing. I just got two new kanger evod twist batteries that both leaked upon charging ( older batteries on same charger do not leak) and I have had it with the sticks! Time to upgrade. Any thoughts or insights are so appreciated for this old lady trying to learn! Thank you!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
evic products you mention are regulated, have the circuit protection, etc. and are safe so don't worry about that.

Too lazy to look it up but I think only diff between these 2 is that one has a clock in the display or something. So get the one you like and your pocketbook likes.

Your evod batteries leaked, or do you mean the clearomizers you are using on them leak? Batteries themselves will usually not "leak" so I assume you are talkign about the delivery device you put on them. Usually battery will really have nothing to do with THAT.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I just think it's software difference (clock and puff counter). I am a watch collector so any thing with a clock intrigues me. But, since I would never dream of doing anything other that showering without a watch on my wrist, I don't really have a need. Now if giving one to my wife keeps her from asking me for the time every five minutes...

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
If you upgrade the firmware on the VTC Mini, you pretty much will have a VTwo. I don't think there were any major circuit or hardware changes. The higher watts (75 vs. 60) was a firmware change.

As with anything, I could be completely wrong. I would go with the VTwo just because it hasn't been sitting in storage for as long and the price is about the same anyway.

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
evic products you mention are regulated, have the circuit protection, etc. and are safe so don't worry about that.

Too lazy to look it up but I think only diff between these 2 is that one has a clock in the display or something. So get the one you like and your pocketbook likes. The actual batteries themselves leaked.

Your evod batteries leaked, or do you mean the clearomizers you are using on them leak? Batteries themselves will usually not "leak" so I assume you are talkign about the delivery device you put on them. Usually battery will really have nothing to do with THAT.
I used a high magnification loupe to look and on both batteries there was a "burned spot" on the contact and leaked battery fluid/acid all over the place. They leaked from the top seal while charging. I checked two different kanger chargers and both are good, or seem to be. My other older batteries of kanger and joyetech brand dont have this problem on the same chargers. Must have been manufactured on a bad day? Weird. Thanks for your reply!

Last edited:

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
If you upgrade the firmware on the VTC Mini, you pretty much will have a VTwo. I don't think there were any major circuit or hardware changes. The higher watts (75 vs. 60) was a firmware change.

As with anything, I could be completely wrong. I would go with the VTwo just because it hasn't been sitting in storage for as long and the price is about the same anyway.
Thanks Zipslack! Where do you purchase your stuff? Online or local? Any recommendations? Thanks!

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
I just think it's software difference (clock and puff counter). I am a watch collector so any thing with a clock intrigues me. But, since I would never dream of doing anything other that showering without a watch on my wrist, I don't really have a need. Now if giving one to my wife keeps her from asking me for the time every five minutes...
Thanks Grimwald!

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA

Too lazy to look it up but I think only diff between these 2 is that one has a clock in the display or something. So get the one you like and your pocketbook likes.

Howdy Racehorse! I just talked with Vince at Joyetech and he said the couple differences in the Vtwo are as follows, yes there is a clock, higher wattage/voltage and it has an internal battery which I think is kind of a drag because you have to ditch the whole thing instead of just a worn out battery. Hmmm.

Sickbabies

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2016
New York
Alice, www.vapecrawler.com is always your friend for trying to find decently-priced anything. Just filter out all vendors except for USA if you want fast delivery

I for one always prefer replaceable batteries for that exact reason. I want my regulated mods to last until I destroy them or the board fails, not until the battery starts to go bad.

New Battery: 8 bucks tops
vs.
New Mod: Probably 5 times that

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
Alice, www.vapecrawler.com is always your friend for trying to find decently-priced anything. Just filter out all vendors except for USA if you want fast delivery

I for one always prefer replaceable batteries for that exact reason. I want my regulated mods to last until I destroy them or the board fails, not until the battery starts to go bad.

New Battery: 8 bucks tops
vs.
New Mod: Probably 5 times that
Thanks Sickbabies!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Howdy Racehorse! I just talked with Vince at Joyetech and he said the couple differences in the Vtwo are as follows, yes there is a clock, higher wattage/voltage and it has an internal battery which I think is kind of a drag because you have to ditch the whole thing instead of just a worn out battery. Hmmm.
I believe he is refering to a battery on the board to keep the clock running. Another feature I remember being mentioned is upgraded battery protection, always a good thing. I planned to stockpile VTC's or VT2's. Now I need to know if the device will function without the board battery if it wears out over the years. Hopefully the device can function without the clock battery.

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
I believe he is refering to a battery on the board to keep the clock running. Another feature I remember being mentioned is upgraded battery protection, always a good thing. I planned to stockpile VTC's or VT2's. Now I need to know if the device will function without the board battery if it wears out over the years. Hopefully the device can function without the clock battery.
I was thinking about ordering from fasttech but they claim to remove the product authenticity code " in order to give such a great deal". I wonder if they really do this or just say they do. if there is no code how would you ever know if they are authentic for sure? Thanks sofarsogood! p.s. I like your name!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I was thinking about ordering from fasttech but they claim to remove the product authenticity code " in order to give such a great deal". I wonder if they really do this or just say they do. if there is no code how would you ever know if they are authentic for sure? Thanks sofarsogood! p.s. I like your name!
I buy all my hardware from FT. I have not been disappointed. With forums like this no retailer is going to get away with bad business practicses. I buy from them because every order hss little stuff like orings or rebuilding tools, etc. Nobody does the little stuff like FT. My last order, an Evic Basic, shipped several hours after the order was placed but I've waited weeks for things to ship. Stock status is displayed for every item.

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
If FT says it's authentic, it is. The numbers being removed has to do with the fact that they are not an "authorized" distributor. They get some of their items through third-party suppliers and sell for less than the manufacturer's authorized price (think "price fixing"). It's a convoluted kind of shell game that has been addressed in other threads by people that understand it better thsn I do...maybe one of them will stumble upon this thread and give us a better answer.

Short answer...FT "authentic" is the good stuff, "styled" is questionable copies.

BTW, just got shipping confirmation (photo of the package and tracking info) that my Evic VTC Dual is leaving FT/China!

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
If FT says it's authentic, it is. The numbers being removed has to do with the fact that they are not an "authorized" distributor. They get some of their items through third-party suppliers and sell for less than the manufacturer's authorized price (think "price fixing"). It's a convoluted kind of shell game that has been addressed in other threads by people that understand it better thsn I do...maybe one of them will stumble upon this thread and give us a better answer.

Short answer...FT "authentic" is the good stuff, "styled" is questionable copies.

BTW, just got shipping confirmation (photo of the package and tracking info) that my Evic VTC Dual is leaving FT/China!
Thank you sofarsogood and Zipslack! I think I will give FT a try. Invaluable info and I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread