• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Jugheads closed until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
How did that other place work out? Edmonton I believe it was?
Any good?

Edit:

Sorry I see now you did manage to pick something up that satifsfied you....Yes to be honest I dont know what i woud do if he closed.
I am really appalled at the prices many people are c harging for juice and knowing many into DIY I know how little it costs to make.
I am seriously considering DIY althoughI would always buy from Juggie but would like to have a back up plan should he ever disappear again

Last edited:

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Got my Juggie juice today......1100 mls between 2 of us and sadly enough as excited as I am I STILL WANT MORE :)

I cant speak for anyone but NO other juice maker has this effect on me.
I just cant get enought of it.

Its like Hagandaz choclate ice cream. You cannot possibly sit down and just eat 2 scoops. You have to devour the whole tub in one go :)

Not sure what you or others mean when referring to bottles as "normal sizes". Assuming you mean 30ml bottles?
Perhaps its easier as we have 2 here but I cant imagine ordering 30mls as i can vape back easily 10mls per day so I have to buy what i love in quantity.

For example, we have several flavours we order and are looking into more but Kapt Larrys Krunch is my all time favourite. I have 1/4 of one 250ml bottle of it left, plus a new 250ml still unopened bottle from a few weeks ago that was ordered AND I still ordered a 500ml bottle of it that came today.
Another flavour I love, Gen Guntz Vanilla/Custard I cant live without either and ordered another 500ml bottle of that one today as well.

Next month i will likely order a 500ml of Swedish Pastry and then perhaps a few other 250 ml bottles but I am a Juggie Addict. 30mls would be too much of a tease for me ;(

Secret perhaps might be to find someone close to you that orders and have them order for you and then pay them once you pick it up. The downside to that one scenario is that someone has to trust that you will show up. People talk, talk is cheap and then that person might now show up leaving that one that paid out money in the lurch but without putting any thought into it this very second, as i must run and shower, there has to be a way to ensure that that could work.
Too often No Good Deed Goes Unpunished which sadly I have come to believe but there has to be a way to do it so both parties are safe..

That's awesome. I'm glad to see people enjoying his juices again. It felt like a long time even though it was less then a month. I don't know enough vapours to share the kind of orders that we would have to make, but I'm excited for people that can be giddy about his stuff again. (And slightly jealous) ;
How did that other place work out? Edmonton I believe it was?
Any good?

Edit:

Sorry I see now you did manage to pick something up that satifsfied you....Yes to be honest I dont know what i woud do if he closed.
I am really appalled at the prices many people are c harging for juice and knowing many into DIY I know how little it costs to make.
I am seriously considering DIY althoughI would always buy from Juggie but would like to have a back up plan should he ever disappear again

Yeah the shop I went to had lots of good juice, but unfortunately it seems every time I go they are out of my fav flavours. I have to hope for the best or stalk their feeds to know. I can't wait until it can just show up in my mail again. Since switching to sub ohm, some of my fav flavours changed and it's going to be like getting to know Juggie all over again.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Yeah I saw that too. I was wondering if it applied to the order I made last week and it did. Package should arrive by Thursday!! :D

Proabably but no me as I threw my order in Monday night and it was likely one of the first they got to on Tuesday or at least in amongst the many they would have had.

Actually to be honest, I found it rather sad they had to do that. Yes, I understand that everyone wants to save $5 but I myself ship online and I KNOW what it costs and his shipping prices are not out of line at all. Bearing in mind that beyond the product itself, it still costs them money to wrap and send, gas to the post office which I believe isnt that close, TIME +++++

IF he were a huge company charging premium prices, I wouldn't have given it a second thought but as I do sell online, I know that people want every last bloody cent out of you and it bothers me that people would have complained about his shipping prices only because he is already charging people, from what I can see, pretty low pries for their juice.

I don't really think that people should have begrudged them an extra $5 to cover their materials time and gas.

Of course I am not including you in this because you obviously weren't one, nor do I know Jughead personally, but as someone selling online I have the experience to know how people are and I KNEW they would likely complain about that pricing.
I didn't.
I was only too happy to pay the $30 as I ordered 1100 mls. Do you know what I would have paid anywhere else?

I guess, all I am trying to say is that people cant have it both ways!
IF I HAD BEEN JUGHEAD I would not have relented and would have kept the price as is. But I am not Jughead :)

But I know how one has to stick to their guns online with customers or they will brow-beat you down and I DON'T let people browbeat me, but they try.. :)

I could write a book just on how rude people can be when you sell online. Something I learned is that many get a figure in their heads that's unreasonabe and then get angry at you when you won't do it for them. They dont care if you work for free. In fact it's a huge game for many online.

How badly they can bend you over and ....................(no doubt you can imagine the rest) so when dealing online you have to stay firm with people and be willing to lose the odd one. If they are going to stop coming to you because of $5, you dont want them anyhow :)

By not having it both ways, what i meant was, people cant expect to nickel and dime someone like a Jughead like company over $5 worth of shipping prices and yet still expect him to work 24/7 filling their orders of juice that they cant get anywhere else for that price!

That said, my opinon will not be welcomed and I stress again that i do not know Jughead nor do I know how they feel about it all but as someone selling online, I just know you have to stick to what you think is right and not let anyone tell you otherwise for if your product is as great as it is, people WILL come.....and they wont stop doing so over $5 but yet, that $5 per order pays for the cost of doing all I imagine they need to do to get it to people.

So in my case, I did pay $30 and I didnt begrudge them charging that one bit!!!

Enjoy, Thursday........I always love it when their mail arrives! :)

Last edited:

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I don't recall anyone ever complaining about Juggy's ship prices. I doubt complaints are the reason he lowered them.

you may be right.
thats why i said repetively that I dont know Jughead and dont know what the reason was specifically but was assuming that there might have been comments made which could have contribuuted to it going lower.

again i am only making a possible assumption because i deal online and know that the slightest $1.00 addition gets people bent out of shape and it doesnt matter if they are struggling for money OR wealthy....its a very tough market of people to change prices on

so thats why i stated that i sold online and as soon as i saw that they had gone up i surmised there might be some people vocal about it........but again, I STRESS that this is only a thought i have had, no one has told me that etc........

anyone that sells online would likely understand my comment fully ;)

So why do you think they were lowered?
I ordered last Tuesday after the prices went up and i paid full price of $30......it was several days later they were lowered.

One would assume that something took place to have lowered them or they would have remained the same but it appears we are really giving this much more thought than it deserves.
Its a minor issue.

But iin my tiime being aware of Jughead in many different forums and threads, I have seen people bring up various comments that perhaps pass over others but since i sell online i notice things and chuckly to myself as I just know how people can be..

I remember a discussion elsewhere before when someone had mentioned their fear that when he was closed and would re-open that he might put up his prices $10 or so and a couple were a bit anxious about it and I just cant help when I see comments like that, wonder if people have ever bought juice elswhere and if so, have realized the price some of these companies are selling it for?

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I don't recall anyone ever complaining about Juggy's ship prices. I doubt complaints are the reason he lowered them.

Off Topic:

Curious. Who owns this forum?
Any idea?

Edit: So as to make this clear that it was my specualtion and had not come from anywhere else.....Last Comment as I cant write short posts :)

In any event, I choose to end this speculation now about shipping. It was simply a comment I threw out there. Speculation. Thats all! I speculated when i first saw the increase that it might not go over well SIMPLY because as stated, people online are very tough customers, which on its own is not a bad way to be but often they dont see the whole picture..

That's why I sort of prefaced the conversation by stating very clearly that I do not know Jughead, I do not know what runs though his mind nor give it any thought nor would it be my business to do so.
But I have good reason to know how people are there is a strong disconnect I see here sometimes or on FT witih people and pricing and simply speculated on what I suspected might have happened.

Anyhow I saw someone else browsing this when you popped online to answer and I was curious.

In any event, enjoy your juice.....I have so far fallen in love with 2 new flavours for the roster this week alone. Its very addictive!

Last edited:

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Looks like he's open again on Monday for regular orders. Yay! I'm hoping people don't rush him right away, and he can be open 24/7 due to a relaxed influx in his orders.

I personally am taking a wait and see.

As much as I want to be part of the 6 pm rush, the time he is open now will directly affect my personal juice ordering patterns.

I love Juggie and his juice, but there is something to be said to tasting and getting the juice as you go. Even if it costs a bit more.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
He dropped it 5 bucks because he dropped it by 5 bucks. I think you may be over analyzing a little bit :p

Or maybe a slow day at the office?

Just yanking your chain, not meaning to come across as rude haha

LOL
Just a bit of over analayzing I think but only because its something i deal with all day long myself and could write a book about it - so perhaps a bit hyper sensitive when i see it happening elsewhere, but nonetheless, still over analyzing it (wont be the first time I've been accused of that) :)

Anyhow, yes..........Kagey, I know you said you live nearer to Jughead than I do in Toronto but curious, IF one orders, lets say, just a 30ml bottle, how does shipping work on that size or is it just mailed out Canada Post at no cost?

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
LOL
Just a bit of over analayzing I think but only because its something i deal with all day long myself and could write a book about it - so perhaps a bit hyper sensitive when i see it happening elsewhere, but nonetheless, still over analyzing it (wont be the first time I've been accused of that) :)

Anyhow, yes..........Kagey, I know you said you live nearer to Jughead than I do in Toronto but curious, IF one orders, lets say, just a 30ml bottle, how does shipping work on that size or is it just mailed out Canada Post at no cost?

TBH I've never ordered anything that small from him. He used to have a minimum 30.00 before shipping rule. Not sure if that still applies. (Just looked and it's still rule 8) He had some smaller items that applied for snail mail but I've never tried any of them.

Any order that I've recieved from him has come in a express post envelope, with Canada Post pricing that would be 12.00 or so to ship to anywhere west of MB. Anywhere east he'd need a National envelope which is 16.00. I imagine the bulk orders go out as parcels so the sipping on them would be a bit more then the standard express post.

You would have to email him to ask about shipping a single bottle like that, but I'd imagine he'd put a 2 or 3 dollar shipping/handling fee on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread