meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Look thru the negative review section. That's about all I can offer.

There are so many vendors and no matter who you don't like, somebody else will love them. :)

If you want recommendations, mine would be
Copper Creek
Ahlusions
Plume Room
The Vapor Room (killer good deals for new customers!~)

I just googled "The Vapor Room" and there seems to be several...
which one are you referring to (cuz I'm hunting :D)

wishnibfishn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
There is a company named kickbassvapor.com that has some excellent juice.
I have looked around and found that one of the least expensive places you can purchase from is mount baker Vapor. They will custom make flavors for you also. I have a coupon code from my last order for 10% off. “vaporfrombaker”. They will have a code in the coupon section of ECF also.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
** cleaning up **

No, it is a different vendor and last I heard he had been charged, but not convicted. The company has been banned from ECF, so I can't type the name. Google is your friend.

ETA: I suggest you edit your post, that is how rumors get started.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
In stead of compiling a list of vendors to avoid, I would ask people for recommendations of reputable to buy from. There are really good suggestions on this forum. Like the list they have of approved suppliers. Forum Suppliers List I feel like they are already preapproved for me to pick from because they would not be on the list if there was a problem with them. Good luck to you. :vapor:

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Totally Wicked carries three lines, the Patriot line is their current 'high line' juice. Very nice, bought four of them and like them very much. I avoid B&Ms that don't invite me in the back to see them mix. I would never buy from a shop that I couldn't try the liquid first. Don't let them 'bull' you with phrases like 'all natural', fast talking is a sure way to get me to just walk away. I also look for high volume shops. There are several local B&Ms that I would never buy from. Good luck and have fun!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I personally only buy from local vendors. I have a good relationship with the owner of the place I'm going now and I actually know where he gets his ingredients, what they are, and the person who mixes for me. I guess my approach is something along the lines of "Who do you trust more, the farmer in the next county you've seen feed the cow, butcher it and serve it up on a plate, or the greasy teenager at McDonalds frying up pink mystery slime?"

I have to say, I would NEVER order fluid from FastTech, or anything from a head shop or gas station. The only exception to that rule is a place here called Smokies House of Pipes. Their fluid comes from a local vendor walking distance from my house. Of course, considering the circumstances, I would much rather just buy direct.

I agree with you about McDonald's, but in the not too distant past the only juice we could get was from China.

I've posted a much longer rawr about this, but essentially:

E-liquid is e-liquid; pg/vg and flavorings, it doesn't matter where it comes from. If you do a little research (which I did for the longer one), you'll find some interesting facts. US e-liquid retailers may mix their own recipes, but they buy their ingredients from suppliers, who buy them from wholesale companies, who buy them from brokers, who buy them from manufacturers, who get the raw materials from...uh, oh. Guess where we are? Back in Asia! Do you really think LorAnn has a farm in New Guinea where they grow their own vanilla beans?

Contamination can occur at any step along the way, from the farm to your mailbox.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
Totally Wicked carries three lines, the Patriot line is their current 'high line' juice. Very nice, bought four of them and like them very much. I avoid B&Ms that don't invite me in the back to see them mix. I would never buy from a shop that I couldn't try the liquid first. Don't let them 'bull' you with phrases like 'all natural', fast talking is a sure way to get me to just walk away. I also look for high volume shops. There are several local B&Ms that I would never buy from. Good luck and have fun!

any time someone claims its "all natural" i fire back with, "well strychnine is all natural, it comes for a tree" that about shuts them up every time

there is a lot of talk about amorphous silica (wick) being bad and people using cotton instead be cause its "all natural" well amorphous silica occurs naturally Opal is a hydrated amorphous form of silica.

Last edited:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
I agree with you about McDonald's, but in the not too distant past the only juice we could get was from China.

I've posted a much longer rawr about this, but essentially:

E-liquid is e-liquid; pg/vg and flavorings, it doesn't matter where it comes from. If you do a little research (which I did for the longer one), you'll find some interesting facts. US e-liquid retailers may mix their own recipes, but they buy their ingredients from suppliers, who buy them from wholesale companies, who buy them from brokers, who buy them from manufacturers, who get the raw materials from...uh, oh. Guess where we are? Back in Asia! Do you really think LorAnn has a farm in New Guinea where they grow their own vanilla beans?

Contamination can occur at any step along the way, from the farm to your mailbox.

for sure anything can be contaminated, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to limit the number of variables that could introduce contaminates

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
I just googled "The Vapor Room" and there seems to be several...
which one are you referring to (cuz I'm hunting :D)

I think the one mentioned was: The Vapor Room.net | Vaporize Nicotine | E Cig Atomizers

New customers get a free 15ml. Wife and I just purchased the 3ml sampler and in comments made note of one extra we want as the freebie. See their links on lower left side of the page for more details. They also have weekly / weekend specials... seems like a good place, hoping our 1st order from them leads to good juices.

venemous

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Pinellas Park, FL
Taste is subjective for sure. I just don't get the love for Totally Wicked. I was given 20 different flavors from their patriot line by a friend and I thought they were almost all terrible( exceptions- D-pip, lemon anise and cinnamon menthol were vapable at least).

I've had pretty good luck with MBV, liking around 50% of what I've ordered from them. Also found 1 flavor from Pink Spot and 2 flavors from Villain Vapors.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
you say Totally Wicked is over price, but how many company's can you name that pay for gas chromatography testing (about $500 per test) then publish the results online for everyone to see? i can name one and only one juice company that does.. TW. :)

It's cool that they go through the trouble to do that and all, but I'm not going to pay for it to be done. In my opinion, it is an unnecessary test. I have no beef with the vendor, but the fact remains..... they are overpriced.

DustyZ

Suspended
Jul 5, 2013
Ocala, FL, USA
My best advice is; find out where they are located, and lookup the location on GoogleMaps.

Avoid businesses registered in a residence; it's not an appropriate environment for a mixing lab.

If you can't even find the address (even after checking the domain registration on WHOIS), then forget about them. *always* avoid sites registered less than 10 days. Be wary if it's less than 3 months.

Lookup the company registration information. You should always be able to find the business owner's name.

And always read over a site's shipping and return policy.

I have to disagree with your statement "Avoid businesses registered in a residence, it's not an appropriate environment for a mixing lab", perhaps you are not aware of the fact that a very large number of these vendors did in fact start out as a hobby by mixing juices from their residence. it's not difficult to set up a mixing lab in a separate section of a residence and have it sterile. And I wonder just how many of the vendors out there woke up one day and said Hey I am going to have a fully stocked, impossibly sterile mixing lab with key cards to gain access to mix e-juice! Geeez.... As for the rest of the post I agree with. And yes, I have had a Lab in my previous residence and everything that I made was clean and sterile, it was not for e-juice but for Pure Essential Oils, Lotions and skin care products which started as a hobby. I also had a fully operations Steam Distillations section as well for small amounts of essential oils.

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
Definitely DO try Lizard Juice! No joke to your screen name.. they have a few pretty good liquids.

I do avoid Dekang though. I've been disappointed in every one I've tried (well over 20)

Lizard Juice, what size are their bottles? They look like 10 or 15 ml and if that's true, that's too spendy for my taste. I find it more than a little suspicious that they don't list bottle size or offer different sizes on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread