• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Juice talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

awabi

Jan 12, 2014
Singapore
Here are several juices I tried

Fantasti orange ice
-tastes like orange candy
-gentle minty tones
-moderate coil gunning
-best vape at lower wattage. Tried 60W and you see a shift in flavor, in an unpleasant way

Skylab sparkling water
-tastes somewhat like sprite, refreshing
-low mint tones
-high coil gunking capacity. About 10 hits in and it's Browning my cotton and coil
-best vaped at low T and W

voodovape revenge
-still can't make heads and tails of what fruit it is. I think of it as a tropical cocktail blend
-significant mint
-moderate/low coil gunking
-can handle higher T/W
-highly recommend

royal puff grapee ice (yes it's spelled with double e)
-strong similarity to high chew grape
-moderate mint
-moderate-high coil gunking capacity

Overall: I think the sweeter variants of Malaysian juices are best vaped at low temperatures and wattage. Too high or hot and I detect the shift in flavours. Also I rewick more often with MY juice compared to USA, so do be prepared for extra work if you wanna save on extra costs.

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
juice : naked frost bite
taste : melon/pineaple with slight mint taste
mint : low
rating : 4/5
still my favourite juice

juice : #adv arabic coffee ice
taste : freezing kopi o
mint : strong
rating : 2/5
strong coffee taste, but also very strong mint taste

juice : grapee grape ice
taste : grape with strong mint sometimes
mint : strong
rating : 3/5
want to ask opinion from the more experience member here, sometimes after refill, the mint taste is very strong, but after 3-4 vapes, the mentol taste more bearable, is this indication of dry hit? but there's still grape taste in it

In my experience, the strong mint (aka throat freeze) is from inhaling the droplets that have not been vaporized (when there's liquid in the air hole and/or drip tip).

Last edited:

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
Brand: Original P.O.P. (MY)
Flavor: Pineapple/Orange/Peppermint
Rating: 3.75/5
Like all MY juices I've tried, the throat hit is lacking due to low nicotine level. I'm using what's allegedly 6mg, but they lie! The flavor is nice though.

Brand: AJ Vape (MY)
Flavor: Mango Blackcurrant
Rating 3.75/5
Also great flavor here. Actually to me, the mango and blackcurrant combo tastes a lot like passionfruit. I think this juice is supposed to be 3mg, but the bottle doesn't indicate anything! Throat hit is lacking on this one too. I like this kind of bottle without the dropper as I find it more convenient.

Brand: Naked 100 (USA)
Flavor: Brain Freeze (Strawberry/Kiwi/Pomegranate/Menthol)
Rating: 5/5
This is the first juice I ever tried, and it's probably still my favorite. The flavor is natural and it's just sweet enough. Unlike the MY juices, the nicotine is definitely honestly stated, and there is a throat hit on the 6mg juice. I can get a headache from it if I overdo it.

Brand: Naked 100 (USA)
Flavor: Very Cool (Mixed Berry/Menthol)
Rating: 4/5
This one is a little less natural tasting than Brain Freeze, but I still like it. Naked 100 makes quality juices. Too bad they cost at least 2x as much as the MY juices.

Brand: The Curator's Brew (SG)
Flavor: Chai Tea
Rating 1/5
I wanted to support something SG locally made, so I tried this. It's really disgusting. The cinnamon taste is really overwhelming and harsh. The flavoring in general is way, way too strong. The vapor from this is not white, but kinda dirty looking, like real cigarette smoke! I'm not even sure I would vape this during the Vapocalypse.

Brand: The Curator's Brew (SG)
Flavor: Thai Milk Tea
Rating 2/5
It's slightly less revolting than the Chai Tea, but still horrible.

Last edited:

pandemonae

Mar 12, 2017
Liquid House is back. Thought I'd give them my support by buying their available flavors to sample up. They have two types - Blacked, and Whited. The Blacked range are menthol + drink, while the Whited ones are purely dessert vapes. They only do COD so it's great.

Needless to say it would be unfair to rank it against the likes of US or even MY juices, so I wasn't expecting anything complex (my most complex one is Miss Samoa by FAQ.. but i really really want to try Charlie's Chalk Dust and Naked 100 some day).

But I do hope that one day, despite the odds, we'll come up with better stuff.

Liquid House (SG)

Blacked range. Menthol + Drink flavors. All 3MG
Root Beer:
First impression, it's more sarsaparilla than A&W/Mug. Nostalgic taste.
Pomegranate Tea: Tastes the most natural of the lot. But it gets flat.
Shirley Temple: Right from the first puff it tastes Shirley Temple but it weakens out.
Sweet Plum: Tastes like sng buay. In fact it makes me want to drink anything with sng buay now.
Ice Lemon Tea: Reminds me a lot of F&N Seasons straight from the bottle.

Whited range. Dessert flavors. All 3MG
Hazelnut Chocolate:
Hazelnut profile stands out, but not rich enough to my liking. A little disappointed the chocolate notes are almost non existent.
Strawberry Cheesecake: A little boring. But it tastes like what it says on the label.
Popcorn: Husband likes this the most. It's unique and delicious, but it's lacking in that warm caramel aftertaste
Tiramisu: I liked this since maybe I like eating tiramisu. But where's the cocoa powder aroma?
Vanilla Ice Cream: So.. The cap is stuck. Will update when I get to open it.

First impressions of product - humble but great bottle design. I'm glad they have a drip applicator. And you don't have to squeeze much to dispense. The label is a bit hard to read at some parts. But from a design perspective it's great. Not as hip as The Curator's Brew.

Overall impression after trying it - Still has ways to go, but each first puff is a promise to what's written on the label. It gets a little flat after a few puffs but maybe I'm getting vape tongue from going through so many flavors the past week. Some bottles don't seem to feel like the nicotine levels are 3MG but some do.

Personal favourite? - Because I have 10 flavors on hand it's hard to decide at this point. But there's nothing that seems to stand out at the moment.

Overall rating - 2.5/5. I hope they're impartial to feedback so they can continue to make interesting juices.

Attachments

• IMG_2960.jpg
    IMG_2960.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Orca

Jun 2, 2017
Here are several juices I tried

Fantasti orange ice
-tastes like orange candy
-gentle minty tones
-moderate coil gunning
-best vape at lower wattage. Tried 60W and you see a shift in flavor, in an unpleasant way

Skylab sparkling water
-tastes somewhat like sprite, refreshing
-low mint tones
-high coil gunking capacity. About 10 hits in and it's Browning my cotton and coil
-best vaped at low T and W

voodovape revenge
-still can't make heads and tails of what fruit it is. I think of it as a tropical cocktail blend
-significant mint
-moderate/low coil gunking
-can handle higher T/W
-highly recommend

royal puff grapee ice (yes it's spelled with double e)
-strong similarity to high chew grape
-moderate mint
-moderate-high coil gunking capacity

Overall: I think the sweeter variants of Malaysian juices are best vaped at low temperatures and wattage. Too high or hot and I detect the shift in flavours. Also I rewick more often with MY juice compared to USA, so do be prepared for extra work if you wanna save on extra costs.

Great reviews.

Been on a hiatus for awhile, recently tried these;

Juice: Naked100 Euro Gold 6mg
Taste: Taste like Marlboro Lights. When you smell the juice its exactly like a fresh pack of cigs. lol, recommended for those who is quitting smoking and transiting into vaping.
Mint: No mint
Throat Hit: Strong. Probably wanna get the 3mg since it's already tobacco line.
Rating: 3/5

Juice: Lemon Tart - Dinner Lady
Taste: On the inhale I get a sweet lemon flavor and a fruit loop-ish mixture? Don't really have artificial flavors as compared to most dessert juice. Not really a fan of Creamy or dessert base juice, but this one is really decent. Won't be an ADV, but definitely mixing around in the rotation here and there.
Mint: No mint
Throat Hit: None
Rating: 3/5

Been trying some juices for the past month here's my personal go-to juices review.

Juices: Project Ice - Blueberry Ice
Taste: On the very first inhale you can already have a taste of the strong distinctive blueberry and intense menthol feel on your throat. Very refreshing but don't spam it. The menthol can really freeze your lung for a long period of chaining.
Mint: Very High
Throat Hit: Mild

Juices: Equal Blackcurrant
Taste: Somewhat ok. Flavour is there and a slight chilling menthol feels on the throat.
Mint: Mild
Throat Hit: Mild
Rating: 4.4/5

Juices: Dr Brew Rude Beer
Taste: For all root beer lovers, please try this one. No doubt, one of the best root beer brewers out there with a very strong menthol. Try it yourself to believe.

Mint: Very High ( Might be too cold for some people out there )
Throat Hit: Mild ( Depending on the user )

Juices: Anna & Jane ButterScotch
Taste: As your know Anna & Jane is known for their butterscotch. So no doubt as well, strong butter scotch flavour with a hint of coffee. Definitely a go-to for a morning breakfast vape.
Mint: No Mint
Throat Hit: Strong

valerian

Nov 19, 2017
my two cents worth-

Binjai-x Honeydew Dash:
60 VG 40 PG
a little cloying with a very artificial honeydew flavour like in those sweet drinks. but its strangely addictive. can feel a bit of strong throat hit but its not too bad.

CloudyFunky Brew Root Beer Float:
70 VG 30 PG
a good root beer alternative taste that is not minty at all. nice when i want something soda/ root beer flavoured.

Fantasi Lemonade:
70 VG 30 PG
why do people even like this? a friend swears by the fantasi range and says its all nice and soda like and everything. he introed this to me claiming it had the fresh refreshing taste of a lemon soda (like vietnamese soda chanh). i think it tastes entirely like dishwashing liquid (like jif or mama lemon) and i nearly puked the first time i tried. ymmv.

valerian

Nov 19, 2017
These are the ones I have atm.

Binjai:
Mango Honeydew
Grapest
Freezey Peach Tea

The Smoke Flava:
Mango Twist Pineapple

The Drip Code:
Code 73

taste-wise is all good. a bit on the sweet side. nic level all very low.

my fav so far was something called "pink lemonade" which was bought from somewhere in europe - but finished already.

hey...do you find that the binjai stuff in particular makes your mouth dry out and gives a stronger throat hit? i kinda love the one honeydew i have but maybe its just me haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread