Juice too sweet and ruining my coils!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I have a couple ADV's that I can only get a day maybe two out of a stock coil so I here ya. I have resorted to rebuilding and dry burning my coil every couple days and rewicking rather than stop using my favorite juices. I still will use stock coil, but I know it won't last long. :(

Sorry, not much help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Domma

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hi, I have a lot of juice (240ml) it has too much sweetener in it and it's ruining my coils right away, does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Thanks!
Early on I had the same problem. I needed to rewick almost every day and rebuild at least once a week. That doesn't happen any more. I got a gallon each of PG and VG, a liter of nic, and some mixing supplies, total cost $120, enough to last me 4 years. Then I made some unflavored liquid and diluted some of the pre mix 75% unflavored to 25% fllavored. After a few puffs it tasted just as good, may be better, and coil gunking was cut way back. The final solution was making my own liquid including flavoring. I use a conentrated Capella flavoring called cupacino at 1% meaning 1 ml flavoring per 100 ml of liquid. Basically tthere is almost no gunking now. I still rewick 2 twice a week and rebuild twice a month because i've found the best flavor and texture comes from a clean wick and build. A brother of mine uses my mix in his nautilus mini and says he gets weeks of use from one of those coil heads. If you are going to be a life long vaper you'll be mixing and rebuilding sooner or later. there are too many advantages.

Reactions: Rin13
Early on I had the same problem. I needed to rewick almost every day and rebuild at least once a week. That doesn't happen any more. I got a gallon each of PG and VG, a liter of nic, and some mixing supplies, total cost $120, enough to last me 4 years. Then I made some unflavored liquid and diluted some of the pre mix 75% unflavored to 25% fllavored. After a few puffs it tasted just as good, may be better, and coil gunking was cut way back. The final solution was making my own liquid including flavoring. I use a conentrated Capella flavoring called cupacino at 1% meaning 1 ml flavoring per 100 ml of liquid. Basically tthere is almost no gunking now. I still rewick 2 twice a week and rebuild twice a month because i've found the best flavor and texture comes from a clean wick and build. A brother of mine uses my mix in his nautilus mini and says he gets weeks of use from one of those coil heads. If you are going to be a life long vaper you'll be mixing and rebuilding sooner or later. there are too many advantages.
Thanks for the info, I was looking into mixing my own today, but for now I can't afford it. Do you think if I got some VG and PG, I could dilute it with that? I'm so ......, I can't even vape now, ruined two of my new coils and it's the only juice I have! Thanks again for the info.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Thanks for the info, I was looking into mixing my own today, but for now I can't afford it. Do you think if I got some VG and PG, I could dilute it with that? I'm so ......, I can't even vape now, ruined two of my new coils and it's the only juice I have! Thanks again for the info.
If nicotine is not important all you need is pg and vg ro dilute pre mix. What did you used to spend smoking. All the mixing ingredients and supplies to last 4 years cost me the same as 2 weeks of smoking a carton a week.

If nicotine is not important all you need is pg and vg ro dilute pre mix. What did you used to spend smoking. All the mixing ingredients and supplies to last 4 years cost me the same as 2 weeks of smoking a carton a week.
I know it would be a lot cheaper, I just don't have the money right now. I smoke about 7-10 cigs a day. I ordered some VG/PG so once I get it, I'll have enough juice to last a couple of months, I'll save the money and then I should be able to make my own :)

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
One other way, if you DIY your mixes that is??
Order some Erythritol from ecigexpress it is supposed to be just as good as sucralose and ethyl maltol but does not gunk up coils?

I have not tried or used it yet as I am still on the fence with that and sucralose is my go to sweetened. Like everyone else I am rebuilding and re wicking every other day too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread